Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Howdy,

6 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Poison Ivy. God damn this stuff takes forever to go away.

Did you wash with Zanfel or something like that yet?  I found that to actually work, FWIW.  May not help much if its been a while though.

Mark

6 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Poison Ivy. God damn this stuff takes forever to go away.

If it is lingering go to the doctor and get the steroid pack. If it is bad enough it can overwhelm your immune system's ability to fight it off naturally. I worked landscaping one summer and had a massive pile of it fall out of a tree and hit me in the face, neck, arms, and legs. 

I'm with you, it is nasty nasty nasty stuff.

Edited by JoeyJ0506

2 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Did you wash with Zanfel or something like that yet?  I found that to actually work, FWIW.  May not help much if its been a while though.

Mark

2 hours ago, JoeyJ0506 said:

If it is lingering go to the doctor and get the steroid pack. If it is bad enough it can overwhelm your immune system's ability to fight it off naturally. I worked landscaping one summer and had a massive pile of it fall out of a tree and hit me in the face, neck, arms, and legs. 

I'm with you, it is nasty nasty nasty stuff.

I just worked a 4 week temp job in our town's conservation program and got exposed during the third week. I'm over the worst of it but I'm using Calamine, Hydrocortisone, and Zertec to get rid of it. Mostly on my left forearm and wrist, right calf (where it's probably the worst, there's been a huge plaque of the stuff for about 10 days), and left ankle. Still pretty itchy though.

Found out my dog's cancer is now active.  No more treatments.  They give him anywhere from 2weeks to 2 months.  I am beyond sad.  He has been an amazing dog and a member of the family.  IK love him and will miss him terribly.  Frankly, I'm a mess.

• Sad 7

3 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Found out my dog's cancer is now active.  No more treatments.  They give him anywhere from 2weeks to 2 months.  I am beyond sad.  He has been an amazing dog and a member of the family.  IK love him and will miss him terribly.  Frankly, I'm a mess.

That is terrible news.  Worst thing about our furry kids is that we are almost guaranteed to outlive them.  

Sending positive JuJu to you and your pup.

3 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

That sucks man. No words can even begin to describe how horrible it is to lose a best friend. 😞 

4 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I'm very sorry to hear that, Dave.  

16 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

So sorry to hear Dave. 

On 7/31/2018 at 6:04 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Just treasure your buddy at this point. My little buddy, Trix got sick before I had my feet operated on; she hung on until I went back to work AFTER my recovery. It killed me that she was dead when I got back from my first day back to work.

I am so sorry for you, mate.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:41 PM, bunnyman666 said:

Just treasure your buddy at this point. My little buddy, Trix got sick before I had my feet operated on; she hung on until I went back to work AFTER my recovery. It killed me that she was dead when I got back from my first day back to work.

I am so sorry for you, mate.

Thanks.  Trying to enjoy each day.  He is doing so well and is happy and energetic but there is a crazy ticking time bomb inside him.  Hard to imagine.  

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Thanks.  Trying to enjoy each day.  He is doing so well and is happy and energetic but there is a crazy ticking time bomb inside him.  Hard to imagine.  

Your buddy is trying to brave it, as well. Go with it. I know it sucks that the inevitable will happen, but just enjoy your buddy; that’s what he’s trying to do is enjoy his time left with you. It’s hard, I know.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 7:04 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Ask the vet for Entyce.  It will up his appetite and keep him eating as he starts to feel sick.  We also used Cerenia, though that's expensive.  CBD oil probably can't hurt at this point either. Marinol (synthetic THC given to human cancer patients) is an option if your vet/oncologist is progressive.  None of this is going to cure the cancer, but it will keep him more comfortable for the time he has, and eating will keep him alive longer.

We went through this last year.  Literally tried everything, as you can see from the Marinol, surgery, radiation, 4 different chemo protocols.  We kept him alive for 18 months by keeping him eating while we tried to fight it (to no avail).  That's the key.  Entyce is supposed to work miracles.  Unfortunately it wasn't available yet for us.  We had resorted to giving him Taco Bell by the end.

Sorry to hear this.  Spend time with him, but don't give up.  You can still give him a great quality of life for as long as he's able.  You'll know when it's time.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2018 at 4:23 PM, psulion22 said:

Ask the vet for Entyce.  It will up his appetite and keep him eating as he starts to feel sick.  We also used Cerenia, though that's expensive.  CBD oil probably can't hurt at this point either. Marinol (synthetic THC given to human cancer patients) is an option if your vet/oncologist is progressive.  None of this is going to cure the cancer, but it will keep him more comfortable for the time he has, and eating will keep him alive longer.

We went through this last year.  Literally tried everything, as you can see from the Marinol, surgery, radiation, 4 different chemo protocols.  We kept him alive for 18 months by keeping him eating while we tried to fight it (to no avail).  That's the key.  Entyce is supposed to work miracles.  Unfortunately it wasn't available yet for us.  We had resorted to giving him Taco Bell by the end.

Sorry to hear this.  Spend time with him, but don't give up.  You can still give him a great quality of life for as long as he's able.  You'll know when it's time.

He was on Cerni post surgery.  He is still eating and seems ok for the most part until today.  Today he he didn't want to walk and I was really worried but he seems ok around the house now.  Probably just a matter of time. 

On 8/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, bunnyman666 said:

It’s bad when you are actually looking forward to major abdominal surgery just to get away from a psychotic boss...

A friend of mine was shipping out to Afghanistan and his boss at the time asked him why he would want to go. He told the boss, "I would rather get shot at every day for a year than work another day for you."

• Haha 2

Second week in a row where I made plans with teammates to show up to a 5:30 AM stick time and nobody else showed up. I guess I’ll be just sleeping in from now on.

When one of the teams that you're on has won only 2 games since February (with a couple of hard fought ties thrown in), the team you beat in those 2 games is no longer in the league, and the league still fights against moving your team down a division.

I’m and idiot(happens more than I’d like).  Getting ramped up for the season.  Though the pup didn’t “need” a stick, she’s put a beatin on her primary(been using it for a solid 7 months?), so just added another to an order of other junk, random purchase.  Got it home, cut it and said no outside work( shooting gallery with a pad, she’ll take clappers until the sun sets), just ice.  Mom takes her to a stick and puck & she  tells me “Too stiff dad, no flex.”  Ordered the 67, not the 60....  GREAT!!!