Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

On 1/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, Paddy said:

Have you been back to Sterling shop recently? They took over half the goalie side of the shop and turned it into skater gear.

It could be deceptive, but it doesn't look like it led to an increase in skater inventory, just spread it out and made more room for manufacturer's displays

No, this was years ago.  Maybe back in 2014 or 2015.

24 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

The Predators and Black Knights are both in the wrong division.

Predators I agree. Black Knights... well, this is the lowest division so there's nowhere really for them to go. 

7 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Predators have a bunch a sandbaggers haha. Never understood that mentality. 

There's not a single player from the bottom 4 teams in the top 10 of any stat category. 

19 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

There's not a single player from the bottom 4 teams in the top 10 of any stat category. 

Ha, I am pretty sure my buddy played in this league when he was living out in Cali, he said it was one of the main reasons he wanted to move back east. That's just too bad, whats the point if you know that team is going to smoke you, not fun. Sorry dude.

20 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

That's no fun. If things were that bad for me, I'd just be a sub and play pickup full-time. All you want is a competitive team. It's like yous are playing the NBA haha.

47 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

That's no fun. If things were that bad for me, I'd just be a sub and play pickup full-time. All you want is a competitive team. It's like yous are playing the NBA haha.

It's fine against the rest of the teams. It's just that one. You basically just hope in every 5th week that nobody gets injured and they don't start any fights. Unfortunately that last one is tough with some of the players they have. The league leading scorer on their team is the guy who was kicked out of the game the last time we played with them for homophobic slurs. 

On 1/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Another season of this. I believe this team has three regulation losses in four seasons, if I recall correctly. 

Looks familiar...

gallery_199_830_20441.jpg

Although, in your situation the people that run the league have the option to move the dominant teams up (from the sounds of it). This is a small local rink, one adult league, no skill tiers... makes for some not-so-much-fun nights.

Edited by JoeyJ0506

Crappy sellers, and Sideline Swap in general.

I bought a used Bauer 1X tower bag on SLS for a pretty good price.  After a few days, I got a message saying that the shipping label provided by SLS didn't cover the cost when he went to drop it off.  We worked with SLS to have the label reissued to based on the dimensions of the box.  A few more days, and the seller says the box came back because it still wasn't enough.  Since it didn't ship within 14 days or something, the sale was cancelled and I was refunded my money.  That's a good thing, so at least I'm not out the money and having to file a dispute to be resolved.  The seller contacted me and apologized profusely for the delay and thanked me for my patience.  He offered to ship the bag on his own dime, via UPS which gave him a better price, if I just covered the shipping via Paypal when the bag arrived.  I told him that was fine, and I'd even send him the agreed upon amount from SLS.  That was 2 weeks ago.  The bag hasn't shipped.  He hasn't replied to my messages.  I guess I'm not getting it.

It's not a huge deal since I'm not out any money.  But it's disappointing because that bag is frickin' expensive and I can't justify spending that.  This was a way for me to get the bag at the price of a regular one.  It sucks because the guy didn't honor the deal that he offered himself.  And Sideline Swap sucks in general because they require package dimensions prior to listing.  So if a seller doesn't list them accurately, the estimated shipping cost won't cover the postage.  In this case, the seller nor SLS was accounting for the dimensional weight of the item.

Does the school system really need to call me at 4:30am to let me know there's a two hour delay due to the three inches of  snow that just fell?  I think not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Monty22 said:

Does the school system really need to call me at 4:30am to let me know there's a two hour delay due to the three inches of  snow that just fell?  I think not so much. 

Yes we do.  In fact I am calling you personally tomorrow at 3am!!

• Like 2

Howdy,

5 hours ago, Monty22 said:

Yeah.  Our school system went from "watch the news / check online" to "call, email, and text both parents".  And apparently there's no way to say "Hey, uh... We'd like to keep just the texting part?"

Mark

• Like 1

At least they did the Call/text email tonight, notifying us school is delayed two hours tomorrow because it's cold. In the winter. In New England.    

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

At least they did the Call/text email tonight, notifying us school is delayed two hours tomorrow because it's cold. In the winter. In New England.    

Sawwwwwwft!

I walked to school up hill, both ways, in 6 feet of snow...ok it wasn’t uphill but we never had school cancelled because it was cold or because there was a dusting of snow.

11 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Yes we do.  In fact I am calling you personally tomorrow at 3am!!

At least leave a message Dave, the heavy breathing freaks my wife out.

The trm “negative space” refering to skates.  So many rip on marketing jargon then use this term to sound knowledgeable.  So, is negative space actually a pressure point?  If not, then it is just excess space...  

• Like 1

My partner made a major medication error last night, fortunately one that was caught before it was, you know, fatal, but the nurse was categorically unhappy and I'm over here like please do not associate me with this madman.  Later, on a different call, my partner had the gall to give me shit for giving the correct medication in the correct situation because he thought she didn't need it.  (a breathing treatment for a patient having trouble breathing.)  This was all between 12am and 4am, so really not my night.  >:|

• Facepalm 1

On 2/1/2019 at 8:35 AM, BenBreeg said:

The trm “negative space” refering to skates.  So many rip on marketing jargon then use this term to sound knowledgeable.  So, is negative space actually a pressure point?  If not, then it is just excess space...  

Negative space is excess space; space you don't want in a skate.

10 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Negative space is excess space; space you don't want in a skate.

Yeah I realize what it is referring to, but it is a pet peeve, nothing major.  I would just use the term excess space.  I remember being "corrected" by other engineers for using the term negative pressure once, that is what brought it up.

3 hours ago, badger_14 said:

My partner made a major medication error last night, fortunately one that was caught before it was, you know, fatal, but the nurse was categorically unhappy and I'm over here like please do not associate me with this madman.  Later, on a different call, my partner had the gall to give me shit for giving the correct medication in the correct situation because he thought she didn't need it.  (a breathing treatment for a patient having trouble breathing.)  This was all between 12am and 4am, so really not my night.  >:|

Facepalm was for your partner, not you!

Wow is all I can say...

• Like 1