Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

2 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

Great question 

That's what you get for going to some of the best hospitals in the world, right? 😉 "Sure, we can do this incredibly complicated surgery to rebuild a trachea out of plastics, but we also kinda forgot to snag a liver sample while we were in there.  Sorry buddy."

13 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

Got through the procedure. They forgot to do a biopsy yesterday so now they have to do it today 🙄

May have to stay one more night. 

Bloody hell! How did they forget that?!? 

Sorry you’re spending ANOTHER night in hospital. 

• Like 1

I’m finally going home soon. 

Although early results of the biopsy is a recurrence of my PSC. 

Not exactly the news I wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well I’m back in the hospital. I have some infections that have been keeping my temp up. It topped off at 103.5. 

Gotten two rounds of IV antibiotics chest X-ray and CT. Now Waiting for the transplant team. Not how I expected today to go. 

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Steve_v3 said:

Well I’m back in the hospital. I have some infections that have been keeping my temp up. It topped off at 103.5. 

Gotten two rounds of IV antibiotics chest X-ray and CT. Now Waiting for the transplant team. Not how I expected today to go. 

Keep strong. I am sending good vibes your way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

Well that sucks.  Sorry to hear you're stuck back in hospital.  Hope things start going better soon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Finland got robbed. 

Surprised to see that most people feel that way. The USA 'tender wasn't given an legitimate opportunity to play the rebound due to the collision caused by the Finnish forward. Its a tough call to make but the right call regardless what level and/or rulebook you're using for ice hockey. I feel for the Fins even though I root for USA but as a referee, that was absolutely the right call. I'm more curious as to why the review took so long.

• Like 3

Stay strong, Steve.

Oh, and I agree the Fins got robbed. It was such a bang bang play that the US goalie had no chance for the rebound even had there not been contact. Common sense says the goal should have stood.

I had my first upsizing of my drain last week. Everything was going well until today. 

I started again with fevers. Went in to the transplant clinic to get checked out. Things were a little worse than I thought. Besides the infection that is giving me fevers I’m having abnormally low blood pressure. So to control that they decided to put in a central line so the meds can be more effective. Now I’m waiting to go to a room in the ICU. 

Not exactly how I planned for today to go. 

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

I had my first upsizing of my drain last week. Everything was going well until today. 

I started again with fevers. Went in to the transplant clinic to get checked out. Things were a little worse than I thought. Besides the infection that is giving me fevers I’m having abnormally low blood pressure. So to control that they decided to put in a central line so the meds can be more effective. Now I’m waiting to go to a room in the ICU. 

Not exactly how I planned for today to go. 

Dude... I have no words 😞 

This is quickly turning into one of the worst months of my life. I forced myself to give up on someone I cared deeply for, I'm on FMLA/STD leave from work (which keeps me away from the stress, but the thought of being useless makes me feel like it's a double-edged sword), I'm on antidepressants for the first time in my life, and to top it all off, my car needs over $1,600 worth of work for it to pass inspection.

I'm trying very hard to stay positive, stay active, keep playing hockey, and eating well, but my god... I never imagined things spiraling out of control this much.

I went in for my latest drain upsizing yesterday. they decided not to give me any antibiotics after I went home. Keeping fingers crossed I don't end up in the hospital with another infection next week. since both times after the PTC drain, I've ended up in the hospital for at least a week. 

So the plan is they'll do one more upsizing in two weeks. Then they'll leave it in for three months ( there goes my summer) before permanently removing the drain altogether.

So I guess if everything goes right I might get to skate again this year. 

• Like 3

Full on wedding brawl in my hotel tonight.  In Minnesota for an Os Hockey Prospects Showcase, in bed and just sacking, the little one(14) is done, then all Hell breaks loose.  Enough it wakes her from a dead sleep(our room is above the open lobby).  

Edited by EJB
  • Like 1

So Sunday night my drain site looks to be infected. Then Monday I have a low-grade fever most of the day. The transplant clinic tells me to call tomorrow or come in if I develop a high fever. Felt crappy all day and was worried that I might be developing another infection. Then to top it off early Monday evening I get the tube caught on the edge of my bathroom vanity and it pulls the tube almost four inches out of my skin. So now besides the low-grade fever, I'm having quite a bit of pain on my left side.

I really hate this f@&%ing drain!!!!

• Sad 2

Howdy,

8 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

So Sunday night my drain site looks to be infected. Then Monday I have a low-grade fever most of the day. The transplant clinic tells me to call tomorrow or come in if I develop a high fever. Felt crappy all day and was worried that I might be developing another infection. Then to top it off early Monday evening I get the tube caught on the edge of my bathroom vanity and it pulls the tube almost four inches out of my skin. So now besides the low-grade fever, I'm having quite a bit of pain on my left side.

Wow!

So do you push the tube back in or ??

All of this sounds awful.  I can't imagine.

Mark

48 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Wow!

So do you push the tube back in or ??

All of this sounds awful.  I can't imagine.

Mark

I’m at the ER and I’m going to be admitted. Most likely the doctors from interventional radiology will change out the drain tube today or tomorrow. 

• Like 2

So, I guess, it was only a matter of time before something happened and I ended up with stitches or in the dentist's chair because I don't(didn't) wear a cage when I play. Well, I finally didn't get so lucky and got popped in the teeth, with a stick, by some jabroni that had been playing physical and reckless the entire game. Luckily(?) only one tooth got messed up (broken in half), and it was an "easy enough" and relatively inexpensive fix from my dentist. I will be putting a cage on going forward. Of course, no penalty was called on the play even though i was spitting blood, and holding half a tooth in my hand as evidence.

Now, I am not a short person by any stretch of the imagination, so this guy's stick had to get up pretty high to hit me in the face. This jamoke had the audacity to tell me that he "barely got" me and that it was my fault entirely because I wasn't wearing a cage. 

I hate people.

Edited by JoeyJ0506
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

That's rough.It took me one game a couple years after wearing full face protection to know that I'd never play without it. A couple years into playing men's league, I had the bright idea to wear a half-er. The game just happened to be against one of the more physical teams and I got shoved in the face while playing an aerial puck. I got a friendly lesson with a bruise and small cut underneath my right eye. Haven't worn a half-er since. I just never felt it was worth it because you only need one moment to alter your face. Hoping for speedy recovery. 

13 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

Looking forward to the day this flips to the Sweet Spot. To quote a song which probably quoted somebody else, "The only way out is through." Hang in there.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

Thinking of you Steve.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve_v3 said:

I’m at the ER and I’m going to be admitted. Most likely the doctors from interventional radiology will change out the drain tube today or tomorrow. 

Ugh, that's a nightmare.  I'm sorry this is all happening to you.  Take care. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoeyJ0506 said:

So, I guess, it was only a matter of time before something happened and I ended up with stitches or in the dentist's chair because I don't(didn't) wear a cage when I play. Well, I finally didn't get so lucky and got popped in the teeth, with a stick, by some jabroni that had been playing physical and reckless the entire game. Luckily(?) only one tooth got messed up (broken in half), and it was an "easy enough" and relatively inexpensive fix from my dentist. I will be putting a cage on going forward. Of course, no penalty was called on the play even though i was spitting blood, and holding half a tooth in my hand as evidence.

Now, I am not a short person by any stretch of the imagination, so this guy's stick had to get up pretty high to hit me in the face. This jamoke had the audacity to tell me that he "barely got" me and that it was my fault entirely because I wasn't wearing a cage. 

I hate people.

Gotta love those dopes who have no regard for anyone else. 

I took a stick in the mouth one time. Snapped my tooth off right at the gum line. That was a long night until I could get to a dentist.