Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Take 3rd in a super hard road race, just losing out on 2nd by 1/2 a wheel. So close they had to review video of the finish for like 15 minutes. My second podium of the year after nothing but crash fests, injuries, and broken bike parts to start the year. Mind you this is my 1st year of comeptitive road cycling. Instead of getting much praise I was reprimanded for racing in another state and not racing in our local club series races. Thanks for the buzz-kill team

I started reading your post and thought to myself "having problems with Microsoft eh?" LOL

LOL...That's funny. Windows doesn't just mean windows to anyone anymore.

Had to put my dog down today. Mans best friend is an understatement. I loved that dog more than anything. So fuck you cancer.

I still miss my Australian Shepherd and think of her almost daily despite the fact that it has been more than six years.

Chadd...funny that you mention that...My girl Abby was a Boarder Collie/Australian Shepherd mix. One of the main reasons we were so close was her great personality. They are just great dogs to be around. Always happy.

Sorry to hear about your guys' losses. I haven't met many people that live with as much joy or give as much unconditional love as a most dogs do.

Sorry to hear about your guys' losses. I haven't met many people that live with as much joy or give as much unconditional love as a most dogs do.

Yes I agree, the are truly amazing animals. No matter how bad my day goes it is always good to know my dog is waiting for me when I come home. They are such unselfish animals, they give you all there love and never ask for anything in return. And sorry about your losses guys, I know how its feels, there is not a day that goes buy when I don't think about my best friend and wish he was still with me. R.I.P. Duke

Edited by bostonbruins

Thanks for the kind words boys. Really. It's great to hear about pets relationships that were/are as good as mine. Nothing like it.

Thanks for the kind words boys. Really. It's great to hear about pets relationships that were/are as good as mine. Nothing like it.

Hope you're getting through okay. Our family had to put down our Border Collie/Australian Sheepdog/Doberman mix earlier this summer (so your post gave me a pretty good "tinge" of sadness). It was awful, but it gradually gets less hard. It gets easier to think of the happy memories without getting as sad. Stay busy, but grieve as you need to - you've lost a family member. Hang in there and hit the ice/rink if you can!

Got a summons for jury duty today. ugh.

Show up with no pants on and a rubber glove stretched over your head to look like a rooster. You'll get rejected every time.

Show up with no pants on and a rubber glove stretched over your head to look like a rooster. You'll get rejected every time.

From experience? lol

From experience? lol

Took me a few turns to refine the approach but now I only get accepted if the accused is claiming insanity which presents a slight wrinkle.

An extremely close friend of mine is going through some serious stuff right now (alcoholism/eating disorder) and its really starting to get to me, seeing one of mine bestfriends to that to herself is really starting to bother me, Im getting to the point where im just getting angry with her which i dont think is helping the situation at all. I feel helpless, i just feel like there is nothing i can do for this person

How is it that women can be mad at you for days, without expressing what it really is that they're mad about? I hate playing the guessing game. Oh wait, it's been a month since the last time we played this game. Ooh! Ooh! I know!! I know!!

An extremely close friend of mine is going through some serious stuff right now (alcoholism/eating disorder) and its really starting to get to me, seeing one of mine bestfriends to that to herself is really starting to bother me, Im getting to the point where im just getting angry with her which i dont think is helping the situation at all. I feel helpless, i just feel like there is nothing i can do for this person

If you haven't mentioned it to her already, you could encourage her to get treatment.

My girlfriend got mad at me because I didn't text message her as soon as I got off the ice. Instead I had a few beers with the guys. In the angry phone call she told me how she doesn't feel wanted and felt like the gift I chose to buy her was out of necessity, not because I wanted to. UGHHHHH can you say confidence issues?

That's a horrible combination. Do what you can to get this friend some help, I'm sure a good google search will help give you some ideas on how to approach the situation.

My first vent:

The radiator cracked (in the plastic part) while I was teaching my son how to drive. Limped home (slightly uphill) in the car to avoid overheating.

Silver linings: 1-800 Radiator had an aftermarket one in stock (for a '95 Honda Civic!) for a good price, and I picked it up and got to put it in with my son's help yesterday. Since the radiator was out of the way we also replaced the block engine cord and put in a flushing tee. I was able to answer my son's questions about which parts did what in the engine compartment.

My first radiator replacement, at the age of 43. His first at the age of 15.

Then we went for a nice test drive before supper.