Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Tired of getting rejected for jobs. I really think it is time for me to give up on hockey altogether. 10 years in the industry and it has taken me absolutely nowhere.

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that :-(

Getting old and seeing my body breakdown!

I hear that and I'm just turning 30. I can't believe the difference I feel compared to 25. Injuries stay longer, conditioning becomes harder.

At 25 I could play at a high level with no off ice activity, 5 yrs later, if I don't start doing some conditioning, my game is really going to start falling off.

I sound like a little b*tch, I can't imagine 35, 40 and 45. This year has been a real wake-up call to get my diet and exercise right.

My Blackberry Curve decided to die on me today. Luckily I had warranty on my contract, still 150.00 for the new one. :dry:

Edited by adam14

I don't have a team for the fall. Rink decided that the team that went 18-2-0 didn't have to move to a higher division and I decided that the rink wasn't getting my money.

I don't have a team for the fall. Rink decided that the team that went 18-2-0 didn't have to move to a higher division

We're waiting for that to happen to the team whose won it all the last three sessions. Of course, this is a team that half of the kids are travel players for the rink's team, who are only 14-15 years old and play five-six times a week, and the other half are their fathers.

My back has been a wreck since last Saturday. Slept on the floor last 3 nights and will do it again tonight. Driving is a bitch because sitting is what tightens it up. I went through this a long time ago. This time I'm 20 years older than the first time. As we say in the locker room, getting old sucks.

We're waiting for that to happen to the team whose won it all the last three sessions. Of course, this is a team that half of the kids are travel players for the rink's team, who are only 14-15 years old and play five-six times a week, and the other half are their fathers.

IMHO, I wouldn't play against a team that had a bunch of minors on it. Any league that allows that is just asking for legal problems.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=330330

This is what's wrong with sports. Quebec was eliminated from the tournament. The team stayed around to heckle and cheer against the host team. The host team eventually snapped after losing, which was wrong in itself to confront the hecklers.

Why wouldn't Quebec just go home?

I hear that and I'm just turning 30. I can't believe the difference I feel compared to 25. Injuries stay longer, conditioning becomes harder.

At 25 I could play at a high level with no off ice activity, 5 yrs later, if I don't start doing some conditioning, my game is really going to start falling off.

I sound like a little b*tch, I can't imagine 35, 40 and 45. This year has been a real wake-up call to get my diet and exercise right.

My vent. Read a post on a hockey forum where a guy who was about to turn 30 couldn't imagine being 45 and I'm about to hit 46 in two months. I need to change into my undershirt and wave my fist at him but that would mean going upstairs and I would likely get winded.

It's a shame. The Pittsburgh Area Hockey Community will miss him greatly. He had an impact from State College to Pittsburgh and was pretty much the only respectable pro-shop for central PA.

had our teams fitness testing today, didnt do very well at all, it is really pissing me off seeing as this summer was the hardest training ive ever done in the off season. Doesnt help that my coach beaked me about my fitness saying "Have fun at that jr a camp sprinting like that". I guess i have something to prove going into the on ice sessions. Extremly frustrated right now having put in all that work and not seeing any results! ahhhhhhhh

How did you periodize leading up to the camp?

My vent: nurse practitioners who prescribe placebos. Like I'm not going to go look it up on Pubmed as soon as I leave, you clots.

Two weeks of no hockey and little else trying to heal an injured ankle. Felt ok finally.Tried to play last night and almost died.Skating and walking are two very different things. When will this thing finally heal!!!?????

I feel your pain, mate. Ankles are terrible. Just RICE it and apply your analgesic of choice - maybe a half dozen G&T's?

What's the co-pay on that placebo? Haha

0% coverage, 100% out of my pocket - yet another reason I was so pleased with them. Gee, don't give me any real NSAIDs or anything. I half expected to get referred to a lunar massage guru because the epicycle of Io was out of harmony with my Fluffernutter field variance.

I'm really not sure what to do about my right ankle. Because of my severely screwed up right knee and hip, even walking makes it worse. I can feel the muscles on the outsides of it loosening up. I've done everything I can think of. I really can't fit into skates while wearing a brace, so that idea seems out. I don't have insurance at this point, so no help there either. And JR, sorry to hear about your job man. I'm in the same damn boat and the view sucks.

Edited by gxc999

I feel your pain, mate. Ankles are terrible. Just RICE it and apply your analgesic of choice - maybe a half dozen G&T's?

I still have a half dozen Oxycontin tablets from when I hurt my back a few years ago. Getting close to popping one of those and heading off to "I love you all!"-land. Just knowing I have that option is comforting but knowing that it is a short hop to the methadone clinic keeps me in check. Buckets of ice water until my toes burn seem to be working okay but, damn, this is a stubborn joint.