Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I wish I could share with you all the series of texts I just exchanged with my gf, but I'm not going to type it all out. Let's just say it went from, "miss you, call me." to "you need to call me right now" when I responded that I was at dinner with friends I got, "today I'm over everything. Have fun. Do you." when I asked what was so bad about me being at dinner with friends that she wanted to break up (especially since she's on the other side of the country at the moment, so it's not like I blew off plans with her ot something) I got, "it doesn't mean i want to break up, stop being on the phone at dinner, we'll talk about it tommorrow." in the middle of all this i tried to call her like five times to figure out what the f was going on and the first time she hung up on me immediately and the sent all my calls to voicemail. This all went down in the span of 40 minutes. Oh, by the way, we're both 29, not 15 a although this level of crazy would be a lot even for a 15 year old. Oh, and does anyone know what the hell "do you" even means?

"Do you" is short for "Do whatever makes you happy" but it's meant in a way as if you are being selfish - as in you're only concerned about yourself.

I wish I could share with you all the series of texts I just exchanged with my gf, but I'm not going to type it all out. Let's just say it went from, "miss you, call me." to "you need to call me right now" when I responded that I was at dinner with friends I got, "today I'm over everything. Have fun. Do you." when I asked what was so bad about me being at dinner with friends that she wanted to break up (especially since she's on the other side of the country at the moment, so it's not like I blew off plans with her ot something) I got, "it doesn't mean i want to break up, stop being on the phone at dinner, we'll talk about it tommorrow." in the middle of all this i tried to call her like five times to figure out what the f was going on and the first time she hung up on me immediately and the sent all my calls to voicemail. This all went down in the span of 40 minutes. Oh, by the way, we're both 29, not 15 a although this level of crazy would be a lot even for a 15 year old. Oh, and does anyone know what the hell "do you" even means?

This story is why I will not argue with my fiancee over email, by text message, by BBM or over the phone. My rule is simple; Say it to my face and we'll chat. Put it in writing or across a phone line, I will not engage. Viewing body language and hearing voice inflection when arguing are huge.

This story is why I will not argue with my fiancee over email, by text message, by BBM or over the phone. My rule is simple; Say it to my face and we'll chat. Put it in writing or across a phone line, I will not engage. Viewing body language and hearing voice inflection when arguing are huge.

I generally utilize the same idea, but last night she seemed to be spiraling downward by the second. Anyway, once I finally spoke to her this morning I found out that her "issue" was something we have discussed repeatedly in the past two weeks and I thought was long over - women.

Broke my 4 iron today. The shaft snapped just above the hosel and the head ended up 90 yards down the fairway.

Ouch, the 4-Iron is my most used iron in my set.

Ouch, the 4-Iron is my most used iron in my set.

I haven't been able to hit my driver for a while, it's my go-to club off the tee on par fours and fives.

Broke my 4 iron today. The shaft snapped just above the hosel and the head ended up 90 yards down the fairway.

My 7 iron did almost the same thing a few weeks back (broke right where the club head meets the shaft). Needless to say $40 dollars later it's fixed :facepalm:

Playing perhaps one of my best rounds of golf ever, 17 hole was a long par 5. Riding in the cart (buddy was driving) i wasn't sitting fully back as we were looking for balls. Full speed. As we turned slight left on an incline, the grass shielded a bump. We hit it and i was thrown from the cart. Deep rib contusion with one fractured. Finished the hole, but couldnt play 18. Ended shooting a 75 through 17, but now i cant swing, and it hurts to do anything.

My 7 iron did almost the same thing a few weeks back (broke right where the club head meets the shaft). Needless to say $40 dollars later it's fixed :facepalm:

I broke an 8 iron at the range a few years ago, shaft snapped about six inches up from the blade on the follow through and clocked me in the back of the head. Worst part is it was a tri-gold shaft and they were club specific, I ended up replacing it with a dynamic gold S300.

See my twitter feed. /jboucicaut

fml

Every so often, someone posts in here and you realize your day isn't actually all that bad. So I'll just tell my snarky teacher to shove it and be glad I didn't get t-boned by some stop-sign running jerk.

Glad to hear you're alright.

Well, apparently we're broken up now, so it's a non-issue, oh well, it wasn't going to be forever anyway.

Edited by shooter27

He'll probably make a few more bucks at the new gig. As much as I like DT, it's not like they are selling out stadiums and millions of discs right now. I met Mike a couple times when I was still in radio and he was great to me, really friendly and welcoming.

Really saddened by the Portnoy news. I woke up at like 5am to about 10 texts from people informing me of this. DT has been my favorite band for about 6 years now, this is just awful.

Very sad news for the music world but, if you look at it DT has put out 2 shitty albums in a row and part of that might be because Portnoy was pushing the metal aspect a little to much. It will be interesting to see who gets behind the kit for DT.

Edited by Slapshot9123