Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

It's usually not my policy to generalize about a city's people but the citizens of Seoul can be some of the rudest people I've come across. Can't tell you how many times I've been shoved aside, how many times I've been pushed off my mast while I'm climbing up to my platform...

I didn't know him or his family, but a kid from my hometown passed away this morning after falling out of the bed of his friends pickup truck the other day. 15 years old, was suppose to report to the London Knights this past weekend after being selected in the 2nd round of the recent OHL draft. Way too young to go...

Local News Article

Edited by goblue9280

RIP Ian Jenkins, I've been on the ice with him a once, he was a great kid as well as a great goaltender. It's a shame someone with so much talent and potential dies so young

Edited by Jsmells

Been having trouble sleep for quite some time now, plus all signs leading to sleep apnea. So I went ahead and tried to schedule a sleep study but my insurance mandated a dr visit first, to deem it "medically necessary."

So I went to my primary doctor, and they gave me a checkup. Not only did I gain 15 lb from the last time I saw him (right after my accident, have gained 25 lb in 1 yr) but my blood pressure clocked in at 156/116.

When we were talking about my thyroid medication (I had radioactive iodine treatment 16 yrs ago) I told him I was taking 125mcg. He said "What? You were supposed to be taking 250." What happened was that they don't make a 250mcg pill, so he wanted me to take 2 125mcg pills. I didn't pay attention to the instructions on the prescription as I had always taken ONE pill a day.

So, the short of it, the apnea, the blood pressure and weight gain is all caused by my hormone levels being off. So now I'm on a 12-week program to wean myself up to the correct dosage. It's going to suck, as right now I can feel my heart racing.

Partially torn tendon in my right arm due to an archery incident.

Ouch. What's the fix, and how much downtime?

BTW, can't help loving that phrase "archery incident".

It's usually not my policy to generalize about a city's people but the citizens of Seoul can be some of the rudest people I've come across. Can't tell you how many times I've been shoved aside, how many times I've been pushed off my mast while I'm climbing up to my platform...

Applies to many cities in Asia... even in Singapore. And before others slag me for being racist, I'm asian myself.

$480.00 for 3 books (Used). Man do I love college

Send us a list of books. From what I know the books in Singapore are much cheaper (when I was in Uni the books were soft cover and $30 each, but same as US Uni). My cousin is in the Uni now, and might be able to get the books at a cheaper rate for you. Just trying to help...

Own Vent: Dealer GM rips into me for selling 6 machines at 10% margin instead of 2 machines at 15% margin... go figure.

Edited by fatwabbit

last full week of my junior year in high school... and we have like 300 points going into the grade book this week...in one class. plus finals next week. man am i ever stressing out!

1st - Online classes suck

2nd - My new job for summer calls me day before graduation "Oh we need to reschedule orientation because we don't have enough people to fill the minimum" - So another week without working because they can only do orientation once a week and then you start working the next week for a job that is seasonal so it eats into the time I have available to work....dumbasses

Ouch. What's the fix, and how much downtime?

BTW, can't help loving that phrase "archery incident".

No fix, just RICE for 3-4 weeks. Enough time to be at my normal 15% for SummerJam.

$480.00 for 3 books (Used). Man do I love college

Fear not, I've paid more than that for one book.

Having to miss Summer Jam because of a family vacation. Whose idea was it to have all these kids anyway?

It's all a crock, some pastor on crack dreamed it up and now he's sending his army all over the US to preach the end of the world

He is not even a certified minister! Just a self proclaimed pastor!

He is not even a certified minister! Just a self proclaimed pastor!

To quote Geroge Carlin: I have as much authority as the pope, I just don't have as many people that believe it.

Applies to many cities in Asia... even in Singapore. And before others slag me for being racist, I'm asian myself.

Send us a list of books. From what I know the books in Singapore are much cheaper (when I was in Uni the books were soft cover and $30 each, but same as US Uni). My cousin is in the Uni now, and might be able to get the books at a cheaper rate for you. Just trying to help...

Own Vent: Dealer GM rips into me for selling 6 machines at 10% margin instead of 2 machines at 15% margin... go figure.

Thanks Wabbit, I appreciate it. I ended up dropping one of the classes and found the same books on amazon for ~75% cheaper than what I had originally paid for them. If I need some assistance in the future, I will certainly drop a PM your way. :)

Missed one day of work, Just one day of work for my summer job to go to a tryout where I told them I was going to be missing it pretty much when I started the job. They tell me they needed to bring someone in to work that day for me (ends up he is working everyday now during my shift) Today my boss tells me that now we are overstaffed during those hours and I get my hours cut to 2 days a week for 3 hours opposed to 5 days a week for 8 hours. Now I am scrambling to find a job with decent hours along with 1000 other college/highschool students trying find a job as well.

Missed one day of work, Just one day of work for my summer job to go to a tryout where I told them I was going to be missing it pretty much when I started the job. They tell me they needed to bring someone in to work that day for me (ends up he is working everyday now during my shift) Today my boss tells me that now we are overstaffed during those hours and I get my hours cut to 2 days a week for 3 hours opposed to 5 days a week for 8 hours. Now I am scrambling to find a job with decent hours along with 1000 other college/highschool students trying find a job as well.

wow that's pathetic. (How you were treated)

Edited by skeeter14