Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I'm still baffled every time I see a post like this. Our league rosters are cemented on the last day of registration. There is very little wiggle room and you cannot add anyone past the 2nd week/game of the season. There are the exceptions that end up being made, but it's never like what you've mentioned.

I mean I get it, its the summer, we're guilty of bringing in a couple of guys here and there to give us two lines on a few given nights, but we're not bringing in borderline A/B guys to play in a C league. Best part was the most of the regulars on that team never saw the ice the whole game which shows you that they only brought them in to win the damn thing for them. It was bogus, but what can you do. Its just beer league...

I mean I get it, its the summer, we're guilty of bringing in a couple of guys here and there to give us two lines on a few given nights, but we're not bringing in borderline A/B guys to play in a C league. Best part was the most of the regulars on that team never saw the ice the whole game which shows you that they only brought them in to win the damn thing for them. It was bogus, but what can you do. Its just beer league...

Obviously, that's the part they don't get!!!!

• Like 1

Was at the local rink for stick & puck. Now it's a 10 p.m session so its there's a group of 6-8 teenage kids there jacking around. Well I guess two tween girls tagged along and they were horse-playing on the bench.

Now I bring both my sticks to the bench, but leave one in the side runway away from the rest of the sticks so I can keep an eye on it. Well, one of these tween girls grabs my extra stick, then picks it up and starts tomahawk-chopping it over the bench boards just trying to get the attention of one of the kids. Naturally I skate over to the bench at the speed of light and proceed to rip the stick out of her hands then look at her and give here the ''What the **** are you doing?!''

Naturally she gives me a blank stare, then turns down the runway never to be seen again. Not buying the ''it's just a stick argument''. These are Kovalchuk Pro Widows. Not like I can go down to Total Hockey and grab one off the shelf. Wouldn't have felt bad if she lost a finger.

Kids these days. :dry:

I really hate my F%&*ing neighbor.

Being stuck with a crappy neighbor is never good. I've lucked out to date, but the woman next door is 90 so who knows what the future holds.

• Like 1

Due to some money issues I'm having to take a season off from hockey. Weird feeling since I haven't taken any real time off since I started playing again 4 or 5 years ago. The upside is it allows me to get my wrist looked at and addressed. Have been putting it off since it's more an annoyance then anything else. But, have become worried it could grow into something worse.

The upside.....hockey seasons are available all year long. Will be back in business for the following season.

League told me repeatedly, 'you'll be helping out with [x] team this year', come to find out as of yesterday, 'oh sorry we already assigned everyone, we're not sure if you can help out with anybody this season'. Feeling like there's some deliberate miscommunication happening, trying not to think that. Still frustrated. :mad:

Unemployment sucks!

I lost my job in June and didn't think I would still be looking at this point. Watching the hockey season start up again juts adds salt to the wound. At least I am on a roster so if I do get something as soon as the insurance kicks in I can get back on the ice.

• Like 1

Not my best day. I found a crack in my E700, there is a chunk missing from the bottom of my custom widow, I forgot my jock when I went o play tonight and had to buy a new one, I couldn't find my wallet before I left for the rink and I tipped a centering pass through my goalie. I hope that I got all of the bad stuff out of my system, I can't handle many more days like this.

Our water heater died. Luckily, it's under warranty, so we get a new one. Not so luckily, the one we have was out of stock so we won't get a new one until Monday afternoon or so. Ugh.

Totally wacky shit. I think my sister and brother in law are on drugs and stalking my wife and I. I don't think anyone here can top that.

• Like 1

ohhh you would be surprised! Or I should say wouldn't be surprised if you ever came in contact with my wife's mother and oldest sister.

A colleague of mine has a legit psycho for a wife. She basically harasses him, at work, to the point that it has almost cost him his job. To make it worse, the wife has no job and is a worthless sponge. So I suppose we all have our problems...

Edited by gxc999
  • Like 1

Definitely not as bad as some of the stuff here... but probably better on MSH than anywhere else. Some douche broke my R9XN10 shaft with a slash (in a beer league game) the other night. No way in hell I'll find another one of those.

Edited by sickwilly