Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Definitely not as bad as some of the stuff here... but probably better on MSH than anywhere else. Some douche broke my R9XN10 shaft with a slash (in a beer league game) the other night. No way in hell I'll find another one of those.

:ph34r:

I scheduled four interviews today for our seasonal round of hiring. Of the four, two of them called a minute before their interview time to say they couldn't make it, one was fifteen minutes late saying she couldn't find the store (when her application says that she worked at a business across the street from my store for two years). I guess it's good that I didn't have to waste my time interviewing three idiots I suppose. All I hear from people is that they need a job really bad and whatnot, but they can't figure out that they had a doctors appointment at the same time your interview is scheduled? AND you don't realize this until it's 10:29 and your interview is at 10:30?? I hate people so much sometimes.

We get the same thing here. Kids come in on tours from local Media/Radio programs and all they talk about is..."can I come work here", "who do I send my resume/demo to"....but when it comes to hiring, they all either have other jobs they can't get way from...or weekends are a problem. Most of our part time work IS evenings and weekends...and I TOLD you that when you first said you were first interested.

We hired 5 new Ops (studio producers) and within 6 months, 4 of them flaked out on us. Kids don't want to work for it...or put in any time. They want a $35,000 production job handed to them. News flash...you have to start PT and IF you are lucky enough to get to FT...it's not gonna be that high!!!

I'm really sick of having sporadic fevers for the last two months. None of my doctors know what is going on. Besides all the blood tests I've had I just had these:

Had a endoscopy, showed nothing. Had a camera endoscopy, showed nothing. Had a MRI, showed nothing.

Now I have to get admitted to where I had my transplant, Lahey Clinic. My surgeon wants to do a PTC procedure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percutaneous_transhepatic_cholangiography

I had one last December and wasn't exactly fun.

What scares me is unknown fevers usually result in three things: a type of a bacterial infection, Some kind of malignancy, or they resolve on there own.

I'm down almost 15 lbs. since summer jam. I also haven't skated since then either.

I'm really sick of having sporadic fevers for the last two months. None of my doctors know what is going on. Besides all the blood tests I've had I just had these:

Had a endoscopy, showed nothing. Had a camera endoscopy, showed nothing. Had a MRI, showed nothing.

Now I have to get admitted to where I had my transplant, Lahey Clinic. My surgeon wants to do a PTC procedure.

What scares me is unknown fevers usually result in three things: a type of a bacterial infection, Some kind of malignancy, or they resolve on there own.

I'm down almost 15 lbs. since summer jam. I also haven't skated since then either.

just saw this after I messaged you... Hope you start feeling better!

Good luck man, I hope you feel better.

Less than 3,500 on a Sunday afternoon for Bulldogs/Marlies!!! C'mon...And people say Hamilton deserves NHL Hockey!?!?!?!

My guess is that those people would say that people will turn out for NHL hockey. I don't believe them, but that's what they would say.

Oh...of course that's what they say.

So sick of hearing all the excuses NOT to come to games.

1. weather is too bad to go outside to get to a hockey game

2. weather is too good to be inside at a hockey game

3. team is struggling

4. too expensive

5. parking downtown sucks and it's expensive.

6. nowhere to go eat before/after the game

Well...

1&2. Weather in Southern Ontario won't change because it's an NHL team

3. If it's an expansion team, we'll be bad for a while...if it's Florida moving here...we'll be bad for a while

4. Tickets are between $24-37.50. You won't be getting into an NHL game that cheap. There are TONS of ways to get cheaper tickets. There is a grocery chain in town that sells half price tickets for Sunday games...which are usually 3p starts.

5. Parking is usually between $5-10 on Game Day...when big concerts or events come to town..it instantly jumps to $20-30 (or more). When they used to play NHL Preseason games at Copps...parking was stupid...and if 5,000 (which is a great crowd for us) clogs downtown...you want to try 17,000+ 41 times a year???

6. There are now 3 restaurants with 2-5 minute walk to the arena...not to mention another 4-6 in Hess Village (maybe 10 minutes).

That's part of it...I realize. Add it to the reasons not to go. Hell, even our play by play guy walked around the press box during intermission going "no one tell me the score" b/c he was recording his beloved Dolphins against NE.

AHL Attendance yesterday (all games were 3-5p starts EST)

Hershey - 10,125

Rockford - 6,353

Providence - 5,015

Iowa - 3,825

Hamilton - 3,248

Chicago - 2,932 (Wow...that's low with the Bears on a bye)

I dislike misunderstandings that cause people to get angry with you over something you didn't mean to be offensive.

Edited by OptimusReim

That's part of it...I realize. Add it to the reasons not to go. Hell, even our play by play guy walked around the press box during intermission going "no one tell me the score" b/c he was recording his beloved Dolphins against NE.

AHL Attendance yesterday (all games were 3-5p starts EST)

Hershey - 10,125

Rockford - 6,353

Providence - 5,015

Iowa - 3,825

Hamilton - 3,248

Chicago - 2,932 (Wow...that's low with the Bears on a bye)

Hershey is a unique situation. They don't play many home games early in the season most years, Plus, there isn't a lot to do here this time of year. The only other sport within an hour is AA baseball and that has been over for a while.

Hershey is a unique situation. They don't play many home games early in the season most years, Plus, there isn't a lot to do here this time of year. The only other sport within an hour is AA baseball and that has been over for a while.

And eat lots of chocolaty chocolate chocolates...

I finally realized something that should've been obvious long ago... my left foot is nearly a half inch longer than my right foot. Well, that answers a lot of questions. Basically leaves custom skates as my only reasonably good option in the future.

Edited by gxc999

I finally realized something that should've been obvious long ago... my left foot is nearly a half inch longer than my right foot. Well, that answers a lot of questions. Basically leaves custom skates as my only reasonably good option in the future.

That's caused problems for me too. Never got heel lock on my right foot because of it.

Luckily I'm only 0.25-0.50" off so Makos were an option that worked for me.

It's been a terrible month. Messy family drama over Thanksgiving plans, two friends being hospitalized, another friend sick + his dogs are sick, my own mental health crisis resulting in a visit to the urgent care, and now it turns out my fiancee's cat is dying. She lives over 800 miles from me, so I can't even be there for her. wtf. :sad:

New company making me use a Windows laptop... (rather, making me carry a windows email machine and my personal laptop to actually do work on even though I'm not supposed to)

I feel your pain. My left foot is an entire size smaller than my right. Also have very narrow feet- CAA

Edited by CapsFan