Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Woke up yesterday morning, ready to sing at the final service of the year.  Then we all heard about the nightclub shooting in Orlando.  For many of us in the congregation and choir, it hit terribly close to home.  I am appalled, and angry, and hurting for the victims and their families.  :sad:

2 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

In the emergency room with a blood clot in my leg.

Blood clot in my leg is minor. Injections of blood thinners every 12 hours and pills daily for 3 months. Could have been a lot worse!!

26 minutes ago, OptimusReim said:

Blood clot in my leg is minor. Injections of blood thinners every 12 hours and pills daily for 3 months. Could have been a lot worse!!

Jesus Christ!  Seriously.  Take care of that!  

10 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Sorry to hear that it happened, but I am happy it wasn't worse. Keep trucking through it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hills said:

Sorry to hear that it happened, but I am happy it wasn't worse. Keep trucking through it!

Thanks man, much appreciated. 

Awesome. Nurse just called me to tell me to increase my dose of blood thinners, that there will be somebody stopping by my home wed, thurs and fri this week for blood tests, and that I will be on these meds for "3-6 months", which is very different from "3 months" I was told at the hospital.

Oh, and my grandma died this morning. 

There is a guy on my team that smells like vomit. I mean strong like he vomited on himself and didn't shower for a week. Sure some guys stink during the game but it's never been so bad where I didn't wanna breathe or sit next to the guy. I wanna say something but nobody likes being told they smell like vomit 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ashtasticness said:

There is a guy on my team that smells like vomit. I mean strong like he vomited on himself and didn't shower for a week. Sure some guys stink during the game but it's never been so bad where I didn't wanna breathe or sit next to the guy. I wanna say something but nobody likes being told they smell like vomit 

Bring a can of febreeze or spray on deoderant or something. Just hand it to him and walk away. Haha.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ashtasticness said:

Just tell him he needs to wash his gear or something. Ive got a guy who smells like dog poo, its awful lol

16 hours ago, Ashtasticness said:

Get him a can of febreze.  Make a show of it.  Tie a bow around it.  Chances are everyone else knows he stinks too.

I skated against a goalie once who stank so badly you could smell him from the bench.  In fact, when he was on the opposite bench (at the time we had a rotation), past both penalty boxes and the scorekeeper's box, you could *still* smell him. 

36 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

Get him a can of febreze.  Make a show of it.  Tie a bow around it.  Chances are everyone else knows he stinks too.

I skated against a goalie once who stank so badly you could smell him from the bench.  In fact, when he was on the opposite bench (at the time we had a rotation), past both penalty boxes and the scorekeeper's box, you could *still* smell him. 

2 hours ago, kclark87 said:

Just tell him he needs to wash his gear or something. Ive got a guy who smells like dog poo, its awful lol

These are both equally disgusting. 

On 6/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, OptimusReim said:

Awesome. Nurse just called me to tell me to increase my dose of blood thinners, that there will be somebody stopping by my home wed, thurs and fri this week for blood tests, and that I will be on these meds for "3-6 months", which is very different from "3 months" I was told at the hospital.

Oh, and my grandma died this morning. 

Hey, based on my experience with the whole INR, blood thinner, test thing, make sure you get a list of foods and drinks that effect the blood test.  I was 2 or 3 weeks into the testing without my numbers changing despite progressive increases in anti-clotting agent quantities before someone asked me if I drank green tea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Hey, based on my experience with the whole INR, blood thinner, test thing, make sure you get a list of foods and drinks that effect the blood test.  I was 2 or 3 weeks into the testing without my numbers changing despite progressive increases in anti-clotting agent quantities before someone asked me if I drank green tea. 

Yea they gave me a whole list of stuff to avoid. They just called me to up my dosage again. Went from 1.0 to 1.1 to 1.3 since Monday. They need it between 2 and 3. 

On 6/16/2016 at 5:39 PM, OptimusReim said:

Yea they gave me a whole list of stuff to avoid. They just called me to up my dosage again. Went from 1.0 to 1.1 to 1.3 since Monday. They need it between 2 and 3. 

Another thought occurred to me.  You are, shall we say, on the larger side, right?  I'm 250 and the lady managing my dosages never actually saw me.  Once I pointed out that I was a ways outside the normal range for mass, she started cranking up that dosage much more quickly.  

Update on the stinky guy:

We had our third game of the summer season (which we won 5-3). I noticed stinky guy was no longer stinky. I asked him, "hey did you wash your gear since last week?" And he says, "yeah, why? Did I smell?" So I told him, "yeah man you smelled like vomit." I guess he realized his own stench and got to it before I had to gift him with febreeze.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2016 at 8:55 AM, Neal said:

Another thought occurred to me.  You are, shall we say, on the larger side, right?  I'm 250 and the lady managing my dosages never actually saw me.  Once I pointed out that I was a ways outside the normal range for mass, she started cranking up that dosage much more quickly.  

Yea. She increased the dose to 4 pills (10mg) for a couple days. Got it to 2.4. Backed it down to 3 pills the last couple days and its now holding steady. Now I only need to have blood tests done every 3 days instead of every day, so that's good. 

The original prescription (of 5mg) was calculated based on age, height and weight so that shouldn't have been a problem. 

But man, this stuff is serious business. I have a bruise on my arm from the tape holding the gauze on being slightly too tight. My belly is absolutely disgusting with the bruising from the lovenox injections. Thank god im done with those. They actually told me Monday I can stop taking them, so I actually still have one needle left. I was SO glad to not have to use it. 

2 hours ago, kclark87 said:

When you go out to dinner with a couple who after ordering the whole menu and then some, says "hey lets split the bill"..

Make them pay for what they ordered and you pay for what your ordered

• Like 1

On 6/23/2016 at 11:51 PM, Chadd said:

Today would have been my wife's birthday.

omg I'm so sorry. My grandmother is going through the same thing. We lost my grandfather to cancer back in February and it was recently their anniversary. If you need someone to talk to just message me.