Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Yes. Goes without saying. I'm not proud of or happy with my grades, but I think kids around here are pushed a little too much to overachieve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Yes. Goes without saying. I'm not proud of or happy with my grades, but I think kids around here are pushed a little too much to overachieve.

There is no doubt that some parents put a lot pf pressure on their kids.  And there also no doubt that some kids don't put enough pressure on themselves.  There is always a continuum.  

• Like 2

So this was my night last night...

vsbeNBal.jpg 

This guy decided to be a hero for the scouts in the stands with the game already out of reach. I didn't even try to stop the second one. Idiot winds up for a slapped from the slot up 8-4. The third was him crashing the net before saying "AW YEA NATURAL HAT TRICK". 

8Bd6ryOl.jpg

First goal against was from about their goal line that ended up being on goal. I tried to just knock it a couple feet away from the net so my D could pick it up, and just... missed it. 
Second goal was a shot that was wide of the net and (apparently, as I didn't see what happened) our D put his stick out to try to keep it from going out in front after hitting the board behind the net... and put it right in.

In the second period they scored on an off-side. They had a guy in the slot, we get the puck out to center and their guy passes it back to the guy still in our zone... in alone, scores. Ref says he didn't see anyone off-side. Maybe if you were anywhere remotely near the blue line, you might have! 

Just one of those games, I guess. I deleted the GoPro footage before I even left the ice. 

10 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Wish I wasn't right this time, taking solace knowing they are no longer in pain. 

Sorry to hear man.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:10 AM, IPv6Freely said:

In the second period they scored on an off-side. They had a guy in the slot, we get the puck out to center and their guy passes it back to the guy still in our zone... in alone, scores. Ref says he didn't see anyone off-side. Maybe if you were anywhere remotely near the blue line, you might have! 

We lost 6-5 last night on a goal that clearly didn't go in.  It went post-post-out to the corner.  I picked the puck up took two strides and made a headman pass when the whistle blew.  The ref, who had only made it to just inside the blueline on the shot, was calling it a goal.  He was adamant he saw it cross the goal line, while stadning at the blue line.  The other ref skated over and said it didn't look in to her, was he absolutely sure it went in?  He said he didn't care what she saw, he was closer so it was his call, and it definitely went in.  I felt bad for the girl after the verbal abuse she had to take for it.  Shortly after that, eagle eyes had to ask the back ref where the faceoff should be after a shot went cleanly off the crossbar and over the glass.  He couldn't tell from 3 feet away that the goalie didn't touch it.  Even the league director, who was watching the game, was pointing outside the zone.  He couldn't see the puck from 3 feet away, but he could clearly see it go over the line from 60 feet on the other end?  After the game I apologized to the girl ref for the abuse she took and that she was having to make up for him.  She apologized for us losing on a goal that didn't go in.

46 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Wish I wasn't right this time, taking solace knowing they are no longer in pain. 

Sorry, Chase.  At least you know they aren't suffering, and you got to see them before they went.

My original statement still stands.  F cancer.  F cancer hard.

19 hours ago, Pocketmonster18 said:

The name Stu Weintraub just reeks of douche.  Call me in as a sub next time... I'll channel my inner Dustin Byfluglien on him.  

And what exactly about his name makes you say that?  Maybe he wouldn't be a douche is he had a generic, non ethnic (Christian) name like John Smith?  Tread carefully. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

And what exactly about his name makes you say that?  Maybe he wouldn't be a douche is he had a generic, non ethnic (Christian) name like John Smith?  Tread carefully. 

QL9ismx.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

No, I had absolutely no ethnic based thoughts going into that statement.  

After Chris's description of that game, and those three goals, I'd have written any name in my statement... even John Smith... but 'Stu' lends itself to a little bit of extra humor.  

With that being said, I see that I unintentionally said something shitty.  When I saw the name, I didn't put any thought into its assumed background.  Had I actually taken a minute and did that... I'd have steered clear of that one.  

Having one of the most ethnic names in most settings, I have to deal with with that shit all the time and know how shitty it is.  I'm not one to do it to others.  

Edited by Pocketmonster18

11 hours ago, Pocketmonster18 said:

No, I had absolutely no ethnic based thoughts going into that statement.  

After Chris's description of that game, and those three goals, I'd have written any name in my statement... even John Smith... but 'Stu' lends itself to a little bit of extra humor.  

With that being said, I see that I unintentionally said something shitty.  When I saw the name, I didn't put any thought into its assumed background.  Had I actually taken a minute and did that... I'd have steered clear of that one.  

Having one of the most ethnic names in most settings, I have to deal with with that shit all the time and know how shitty it is.  I'm not one to do it to others.  

This reeks of one of those celebrity back-peddle tweets and apologies we get on a daily basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

This reeks of one of those celebrity back-peddle tweets and apologies we get on a daily basis.

What would you have preferred he said? 

There are three types of people in this situation. 

1- the guy that would just ignore Dave's reply, like it never happened.

2- the guy that would jump straight to blaming Dave for getting too sensitive over nothing, because it's never his fault.

3- the guy that has enough integrity to realize he said something that could be offensive to someone, and felt bad about it.

Fuck me for being the third guy.  But the end of the day-I'm not addressing, defending myself to or trying to win over the masses here... my explanation and any apology I'll give was/is intended for Dave. 

Edited by Pocketmonster18
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pocketmonster18 said:

There are three types of people in this situation. 

1- the guy that would just ignore Dave's reply, like it never happened.

2- the guy that would jump straight to blaming Dave for getting too sensitive over nothing, because it's never his fault.

3- the guy that has enough integrity to realize he said something that could be offensive to someone, and felt bad about it.

Fuck me for being the third guy.  But the end of the day-I'm not addressing, defending myself to or trying to win over the masses here... my explanation and any apology I'll give was/is intended for Dave. 

I'm good.  Consider apology accepted and I respect option 3.  God knows I've said plenty of stupid things in my life.  Eaten a lot of crown over the years... tastes like chicken by the way.

• Like 1

Today I'm grateful that I play hockey with face protection. 

Second inline game of the season (won our first game 2-0). We're facing a new team to the league, it's their first season there.

We're destroying them 8-1 with about 7 minutes to go in the third. Puck lands at the half boards and I'm heading towards it at about a 45 degree angle. Guy on the other team is heading for it at about the same angle but going the other way. I just barely get there first and this dude takes a giant golf swing at the puck and cracks me straight up the centerline of my cage with the shaft of his stick. He doesn't apologize and just moves on. Ref is standing five feet away. The whole team saw him watch it happen and the ref just shrugs at me. It's not like he brushed me with it or anything. It was loud. Normally I don't get worked up over missed calls but if I wasn't wearing anything I'd have a broken nose and missing teeth.

On my last face off I was against him and just kind of wrapped his stick up and shoved him out. Felt good. Haha. Final score was 8-2, but still. 

Edited by kmfdm86

9 hours ago, kmfdm86 said:

Second inline game of the season (won our first game 2-0). We're facing a new team to the league, it's their first season there.

We're destroying them 8-1 with about 7 minutes to go in the third. Puck lands at the half boards and I'm heading towards it at about a 45 degree angle. Guy on the other team is heading for it at about the same angle but going the other way. I just barely get there first and this dude takes a giant golf swing at the puck and cracks me straight up the centerline of my cage with the shaft of his stick. He doesn't apologize and just moves on. Ref is standing five feet away. The whole team saw him watch it happen and the ref just shrugs at me. It's not like he brushed me with it or anything. It was loud. Normally I don't get worked up over missed calls but if I wasn't wearing anything I'd have a broken nose and missing teeth.

On my last face off I was against him and just kind of wrapped his stick up and shoved him out. Felt good. Haha. Final score was 8-2, but still. 

its been my experience, that unless you go down, thats not getting called.  Especially late in the game.  

It's just weird because they're usually very liberal with their penalties. They'll call you for slashing if your stick is within 6 inches of their hands.

I hope they're just loosening up in general, but I really think that should have been a call.

11 hours ago, kmfdm86 said:

Had a ref in our area tell a guy on my team (that wears a cage) that he won't call a high-sticking penalty if the person taking the stick up-high is wearing a cage because "You aren't even going to get hurt because of the cage." Except, the same guy that did not get called for that high stick knocked another guy's teeth out the next period with a high stick... Call the penalty, cage or not, so people learn to carry their sticks down.

Edited by JoeyJ0506
grammar
  • Like 2

Yeah. It's definitely a matter of discipline. We have a guy that doesn't wear a cage or visor that would've gotten really messed up if it was him instead of me.