Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Last Sunday had to rush my 10.9 month old Goldendoodle, Wylie, to the vet hospital for emergency surgery.  He had a tumor on his spleen that was removed and then we found out a twisted stomach.  He is recovering really well from surgery but just found out that the biopsy report revealed he has cancer.  We see the oncologist on Thursday but it looks like around 9 months with treatment.  Very sad day.  Love that dog.

• Sad 3

I can't stand all the used car ads with celebrity voice impersonators.  Fake Obama, Trump, Putin-  I've yet to hear one that didn't make me want to jam my car keys into my ear canals. They aren't funny, clever or remotely original. Just stop already.    

• Haha 1

Spent all year training for Northeast Regionals for crew, and our first race missed qualifying for finals by a few seconds. The second race is probably gonna get thundered out... 

Feels like a season wasted sometimes.

We just got a new CIO and now we’re outsourcing most of our IT to a company in India.

And of course if we don’t like that idea it’s because we aren’t being open minded enough and it’s our problem. 

Howdy,

Three minute plus fucking shifts in beer league.  When you're losing.  Because you're getting out skated to pucks.

I literally got ONE shift in the 3rd period.

We run a 15 minute clock.  First two periods are stopped clock.  3rd period is running until the last 3 minutes, then stopped if you're within three (we were).  We had three lines of forwards.

Unreal.

Mark

• Like 2

One of the leagues I play in goes with 17 running periods with the last 2 minutes of the third stop time if the game is within 1 goal. Longer clock shifts can happen if there are a bunch of whistles.

Cut the underside of my thumb on my table saw yesterday. Pretty bad. Lost quite a bit of tissue. There wasn’t anything left to stitch and

close the wound. So it’s going to be a long healing process. Maybe a month. 

Most frustrating thing is I just got cortisone shot for my SI joint and was feeling good. Guess I won’t be skating for a couple weeks at the earliest. 

Edited by sfdz6_20_07
  • Like 1

I did not change my ostomy bag early this morning; HUGE mistake!!!!

My bloody bag had a blow out (adhesive gave way and shit was leaking) and I got shit everywhere!!!! First blow out with the bag and I am pissed off!!!!

I will have a lot more stories like this one, I’m afraid...

On 6/16/2018 at 3:05 PM, bunnyman666 said:

I did not change my ostomy bag early this morning; HUGE mistake!!!!

My bloody bag had a blow out (adhesive gave way and shit was leaking) and I got shit everywhere!!!! First blow out with the bag and I am pissed off!!!!

I will have a lot more stories like this one, I’m afraid...

Is it cool to make a "wow, what a shitty situation" joke or nah? 

(kidding.  That's rough.  I hope there are not as many stories like this in your future as you think!)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

Is it cool to make a "wow, what a shitty situation" joke or nah? 

(kidding.  That's rough.  I hope there are not as many stories like this in your future as you think!)

Now I was waiting for the pun! Not offended AT ALL. 

Gotta be able to take a joke in this cruel world!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Now I was waiting for the pun! Not offended AT ALL. 

Gotta be able to take a joke in this cruel world!

Fear not, my friend, I have a buttload of crappy jokes.  👍

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

Fear not, my friend, I have a buttload of crappy jokes.  👍

The saddest thing is my butt does not provide the comic relief these days!

Har dee har har!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

The saddest thing is my butt does not provide the comic relief these days!

Har dee har har!!!!

Don't worry, when it comes to humor, I'm sure you've got this in the bag. 😉

• Haha 1

In-laws are here to help us move. Except they’ve basically just sat on the couch watching TV the whole time. 

We finally got to the part where they should have been useful (appliance installation) but her dad either has no idea what he’s doing or he’s really into half-assign things. Really regretting not just paying for installation but my wife insisted he could do it.

25 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

In-laws are here to help us move. Except they’ve basically just sat on the couch watching TV the whole time. 

We finally got to the part where they should have been useful (appliance installation) but her dad either has no idea what he’s doing or he’s really into half-assign things. Really regretting not just paying for installation but my wife insisted he could do it.

Sounds painful...

My mom has been sick - well, it's been a series of medical crises on a loosely annual basis for about 6 years. This time, the cancer came back and chemo wasn't going to do anything.  She took a sharp turn for the worse on Wednesday, and died sometime Saturday night (naturally, when neither my dad nor I were in the room).  I don't know if it's quite hit me yet, it's a lot of emotions, and a lot of non-emotions at the same time.  My brothers are coming in today, and my uncle is coming tomorrow.  Things are odd without her.

6 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

My mom has been sick - well, it's been a series of medical crises on a loosely annual basis for about 6 years. This time, the cancer came back and chemo wasn't going to do anything.  She took a sharp turn for the worse on Wednesday, and died sometime Saturday night (naturally, when neither my dad nor I were in the room).  I don't know if it's quite hit me yet, it's a lot of emotions, and a lot of non-emotions at the same time.  My brothers are coming in today, and my uncle is coming tomorrow.  Things are odd without her.

That’s horrible, sending positive thoughts to you and your family.  Take care.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

Sorry to hear that. Back when my mom passed she had been declining for a while due to small strokes and dimentia. It was strange when the day actually came because we had basically slowly been grieving the loss of her for a couple of years as her mind was lost long before her body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badger_14 said:

I am so sorry to read about this. Sending mojo to you and your family.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The USPS. 

Didn’t Dyson make a vacuum sweeper in honour of the USPS because they pain SUCK?!??!?!?

Nothing like the English Postal system...

Delta change fees!!  Even them cutting them in half cost me $405.

Tournament schedule & team wanting to practice the day before(us changing leaving a day earlier/coming back a day earlier).

Not to mention the $53 a ticket in air change....

• Like 1