Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

so our team is on a losing streak (first time in years). our manager/assistant captain is a loser in every sense of the word and puts himself on the top line with our two best players (his definition of staying with them on the offense, is hanging out in between the blue line and centre line waiting for a breakaway pass, even though if they DID decide to pass to him, he's find a way to fuck up and when they dont, he skates ahead of them, stops at the blue line then watches as they break in). this guy can barely stick handle, we're pretty sure he can't do cross overs both ways, and does big sweeping turns instead of stopping and starting. he's abusive to officials and opponets, takes dumb penalties and makes the most ignorant errors on ice. his linemates say playing with him is like playing shorthanded all the time.

anyways, our REAL captain comes to a game (started the team 10 years ago but has such a busy sked, he plays maybe 10-12 games a year), finally... and he shakes up the lines... puts dude on the third line with guys who are more suitable to his skill, and puts this theo fleury type guy we have (small size, tons of energy, not a very strong skater but good hands) with the two top guys (they are INCREDIBLE together). anyways, EVERYONE has a great game. everyone. dude on the third line gets a bunch of passes, is able to keep up with his linemates and the top line produces three of our four goals. we ended up losing 5-4, but it was an amazingly fun game. even the refs were excited watching it.

so we're in the room after, everyone is pumped even though we lost... and one guy pipes up and says "hey *name*, you played great with your new line mates", instead of saying thank you, because he never gets compliments on his play, he says "yeah, but i miss playing with *name* and *name*" another guy pipes up and and says "who wouldnt?" and he says "well, we have so much chemistry... we've been playing together forever" (one season, and one of the guys missed over half the games last year). the guy is so fuckin blind to his lack of skill and lack of respect from teammates in the room and on the ice... what's more is that he's SUPER critical of our guys on the ice when we fuck up, however, we're a bunch of nice guys so we refrain from calling each other out during the game so here's the worst player on the ice, by far, being the most critical of everyone around him but himself.

and the worst thing is, if we were to "intervene" on his behavior, not only would it bring a ton of drama, he'd fuckin lose it on us and go into full denial mode. there's a buzz around the room of forming a break-away/spinoff team because this fucker is so poison.... and we're only 5 games into the season.

Edited by shotty

so our team is on a losing streak (first time in years). our manager/assistant captain is a loser in every sense of the word and puts himself on the top line with our two best players (his definition of staying with them on the offense, is hanging out in between the blue line and centre line waiting for a breakaway pass, even though if they DID decide to pass to him, he's find a way to fuck up and when they dont, he skates ahead of them, stops at the blue line then watches as they break in). this guy can barely stick handle, we're pretty sure he can't do cross overs both ways, and does big sweeping turns instead of stopping and starting. he's abusive to officials and opponets, takes dumb penalties and makes the most ignorant errors on ice. his linemates say playing with him is like playing shorthanded all the time.

anyways, our REAL captain comes to a game (started the team 10 years ago but has such a busy sked, he plays maybe 10-12 games a year), finally... and he shakes up the lines... puts dude on the third line with guys who are more suitable to his skill, and puts this theo fleury type guy we have (small size, tons of energy, not a very strong skater but good hands) with the two top guys (they are INCREDIBLE together). anyways, EVERYONE has a great game. everyone. dude on the third line gets a bunch of passes, is able to keep up with his linemates and the top line produces three of our four goals. we ended up losing 5-4, but it was an amazingly fun game. even the refs were excited watching it.

so we're in the room after, everyone is pumped even though we lost... and one guy pipes up and says "hey *name*, you played great with your new line mates", instead of saying thank you, because he never gets compliments on his play, he says "yeah, but i miss playing with *name* and *name*" another guy pipes up and and says "who wouldnt?" and he says "well, we have so much chemistry... we've been playing together forever" (one season, and one of the guys missed over half the games last year). the guy is so fuckin blind to his lack of skill and lack of respect from teammates in the room and on the ice... what's more is that he's SUPER critical of our guys on the ice when we fuck up, however, we're a bunch of nice guys so we refrain from calling each other out during the game so here's the worst player on the ice, by far, being the most critical of everyone around him but himself.

and the worst thing is, if we were to "intervene" on his behavior, not only would it bring a ton of drama, he'd fuckin lose it on us and go into full denial mode. there's a buzz around the room of forming a break-away/spinoff team because this fucker is so poison.... and we're only 5 games into the season.

Ah the cliche guy. Kid I used to play flag football with in IM was always talking himself up as a "possession reciever" who wasn't afraid to go over the middle, and "If its there I'll bring it in." This translates to "I have no speed to beat anyone deep. I'm not afraid to catch a pass over the middle in a strict no-contact league, and I will drop 75% of the passes I demand you throw me, and come back to the huddle saying things like 'next time hit my outside shoulder' or 'that was interference he was all over me' or 'You mis-read my cut, I tried to come back for that but it was too late."

And then he would come in and draw up another play in the huddle where he got the ball. When the QB threw to someone else, he'd come back and say "make sure you look at the first option, he can't cover me on those out routes."

He went through every difficulty to ensure he got the ball, without ever getting angry or looking selfish. At least he thought. :blink:

Being one of the maybe 8 guys in our league of 4 teams that wears a shield I understand I'm taking a risk by dong so, but I expect the occasional stick or puck. Let me set the scene for you, were playing a team in the C league that has 4-5 players that should be in the B or A. A couple of them actually do play in A too, we got him kicked off the team after the first time we played him yet somehow none of the refs knew anything about it tonight because he was in a different number.

To start the game I get pushed into their goalies crease by a guy about a foot taller than me, I'm short, so they blow the play dead and ruin a scoring chance. Later the same guy cross checks me in the back so I turn to push him out of our crease, note the lack of whistle here, and its starts a little scrum after the whistle. We push a little and start to skate away when all of a sudden another guy on their team skates up from behind me and sucker punches me in the mouth, again I wear a shield, with his gloves still on. So I turn and get in his face while someone else from their team skates by and shoves me, he does the typical routine and decides he wants to fight me. I drop my gloves and proceed to comply with is wish, he skates away. I end up with a match penalty for roughing and so does he. How is it that three of their players push/punch/shove me and only one gets a penalty?

And to make the game that much better the puck dribbles out into the slot and I rip a shot...off the goalies face and up into the netting. Our center wins the next face off straight to me and I blast a rocket...right off the damn crossbar. We ended up losing 10-4, ah the joys of a C league team playing an A/B league team...

I hate the State Farm, team, they even cheap shot the guys on our team that CAN'T skate. Loaded up with ringers, it's pathetic. ANd how come they get a new guy last week? We have the shortest bench in the league and we're in last place, they're in first place and they get to pick up free agents even though the rosters are supposed to be frozen.

I don't know. Their best player was supposed to be kicked out of C and play B...even though he plays A league too... The whole league is a damn joke.

Tonight we played against the one team in our mens league that has women on the roster. I don't have an problem with women in the league per se, as they are fairly skilled players (i.e. ex college players). The issue I do have is they way some of them swing their sticks. They simply have no regard for players who don't wear full cages.

I stole the puck from one of the women, and proceded to get a slash across the wrist and then a stick across the the visor and upper lip. No stitches as the shield did what it was supposed to do. However, if i can`t buff the scratch out it looks like I will be visor shopping soon... :angry:

Edited by Sed27

I had my helmet pulled off via the chin of the cage by a girl who played for her college team. Thought it was really weird, one of the few high sticks I've taken and it pulled the cage up over my face and my loose chin strap caught and let the helmet sit precariously atop my head.

Main event in the UFC tonight was probably the biggest screwjob I've ever seen in North American MMA.

The prelim fights were better than those on the card. That main event was a boring fight, but Machida? Seriously? Unanimous?

Main event in the UFC tonight was probably the biggest screwjob I've ever seen in North American MMA.

The prelim fights were better than those on the card. That main event was a boring fight, but Machida? Seriously? Unanimous?

Seriously? Machida won? i turned off cause it was so boring...what a joke!

Complete bullshit. Shogun deserved that no doubt about it, and not only that but a unanimous decision? No. That was complete bull.

On a sidenote, Machida is the most boring fighter I have ever seen. You think that with a few minutes left in a fight that he was losing badly, he would have at least went to finish it but nope .. it was just 5 rounds of 2 guys pacing back and fourth really with shogun throwing some good kicks here and there.. BORING.

Edited by Leafsrule16

That was the same scenario for my team a few years ago. So, the goalie formed a breakaway team, which now plays 6 divisions above the original team.

Tonight we played against the one team in our mens league that has women on the roster. I don't have an problem with women in the league per se, as they are fairly skilled players (i.e. ex college players). The issue I do have is they way some of them swing their sticks. They simply have no regard for players who don't wear full cages.

I stole the puck from one of the women, and proceded to get a slash across the wrist and then a stick across the the visor and upper lip. No stitches as the shield did what it was supposed to do. However, if i can`t buff the scratch out it looks like I will be visor shopping soon... :angry:

I had my helmet pulled off via the chin of the cage by a girl who played for her college team. Thought it was really weird, one of the few high sticks I've taken and it pulled the cage up over my face and my loose chin strap caught and let the helmet sit precariously atop my head.

I used to coach the goalies on my sister's AAA team, and they were bar none the dirtiest hockey players I have ever seen in terms of stickwork. Watching the odd women's varsity scrimmage has only reconfirmed this. We also have a girl on the Law team this year - good player and a real sweetheart - but I've seen her carve into guys with as little care or concern as she might slice tenderloin.

Edited by Law Goalie

Bell/Bell Mobility/Ma Bell and that stupid "Emily"

WTF...these clowns mess up everything they touch. On Sept 2...I went into a Bell World to set up the move of my Bell Internet Service and set up Bell TV when I moved into the house. I was offered an internet promo package at $28.90 a month with no contract (for the reg. priced $39.99 'Premium' package). Figured that was too good to pass up...but I repeated the offer back to her to make sure I heard it right..."yes...that's right" she said...I'd be an idiot not ot take it, right...so I took it. This was with a CS Rep on the phone...because for some reason...even when you go into a Bell World Store...you have to call 310-SURF to get anything done with Internet.

Fine...while I was on hold with her...I asked the girl behind the desk to review my cell plan...becasue I have every intention of not having home phone and just using my cell. She said I didn't have any additonal calling plans (I thought evenings and weekends was included in my package...) but I could add Eve/Wkd for $7. Again...seems too good to be true...I repeat the offer...she says yes...so I take it.

Bell TV has been set up everything is great...no issues there (at least not yet).

Fast forward to Nov 3...I've been in the house since Sept 26 and have paid my last bills from the apartment and have recieved a Mobile bill...but have yet to see any bills for my Internet or TV services at the house...so I call yesterday to make sure eveything is okay and my new mailing address is correct. They say that my "welcome credit" is still cancelling out my bill...so they still owe me $5.00 which is why I have yet to recieve a bill for TV...okay great "can you check my Internet" I ask. Yes...you owe $54 (and change). "No I don't" I say...I was offered a promotion at 28.90 by (Reps name) on Sept 2...here is the confirmation number. Which I was smart enough to write down.

She starts telling me how at a base of $39.99 she can't apply enough credits to get to that number...I explain nicely that I don't know how...but I am paying what I was quoted...she said something about "bulk credits" I said: "I've got Internet/Sat/Mobile all with Bell...that's 3 of the 4 prodcuts they sell...is that BULK enough for her"? She insists that there aren't enough applicable credits to get to $28.90...to which I reply (and the guy in the office next to me is laughing his ass off at this point)...

"I don't give a shit HOW you do it...but get my bill to $28.90 becasue that is all I intend to pay!"

She put me on hold...comes back and says she has applied the credit(s) and my bill will be $28.90 moving forward. I will wait to see the bill in writing to belive that...Oh, and she said I'd have to take a 2 year contract to get it...but the TV was on a contract...so what the eff...I took it.

Now, back to the "too good to be true" Unlimited Eve/wknd offer. My bill for Oct came today...and I have an unlimited plan that covered evenings from 6p-8p ONLY. I was told it would be 6p-7a M-Th and 6p Fri to 7a Mon covered. I explain what I was sold...she credits almost $30 in calling off my bill...then says there is no evenings AND weekends package...you have to buy them separately...and they are $10 each. So, I bought the evening package...and will be very careful with how I use my phone on weekends.

Sorry for the long post...but Jesus H. Christ. 2 days...2 calls with 4 different operators over an hour and half on hold...what a way to run a business.

The kicker is...my only other option for TV where I am is Cogeco/Cable...and Bell HD is VASTLY superior to HD via Cable, and it's cheaper.

Played an absolutely brutal game today. Our team, which has had the shortest roster all season, has 3 guys missing, one (a good defenseman) has mono and thinks hes done for the year. We play against the most talented team in the league, who also just so happen to have a deep bench. (we dressed 8 skaters, they had 14. fun stuff) They crushed us 5-0. It was 5-0 at the end of the second, they spent their whole third period feeding the puck to everyone on the team who hadnt scored yet. We STILL couldnt get any offense going, even as they ragged the puck. So frustrating.

Once, three years ago, I gave my cousin a job in the back of the house to help with the seasonal rush so he could have extra cash for Christmas. The job lasted literally from Halloween until the 23rd of December, minimum wage. I will now be drawn into his eternal child support battles with his batshit crazy ex every year. I'm hoping my "he hasn't worked here in three years and I don't have time for this shit" letter will work, but I'm not counting on it. He really should have done what his mom told him and pushed the nut down the stairs.

Forgot to mention the other sucky part about last night. I had been skating on a 1/2 hollow, felt like I needed more bite, so I asked for a 7/16. Love it, much more bite, felt quicker and all in all, something I'm going to stick with. However, we only get a 3 minute warmup, so I didnt really get used to them until about the second period. Early in the first, Im skating backwards on D, forwards rushing at me. I see his eyes go down so I move to try and pokecheck. What I thought I was going to do was swerve in front and past him, taking the puck off his stick and lead a rush. What really happened, was my skates dug in more than I expected, and he steamrolled me without seeing me, and I went down hard. Hurt like hell, really embarrassing, and it cost us a 3-1 in a game where we had no offensive pressure. Plus I was worried I had a concussion, but luckily it became apparent fairly soon afterward that I was fine.

It has been a tough year health wise

I have been diagnosed with frayed labrums and bursitis in both shoulders, had MRSA in my leg, tore tendons in my wrist, and now have been told I have a hialtal hernia.

My 6 month old has had a cough for 10 weeks, and the albuteral and steriods arent working....now they are going to test her for Cystic Fibrosis.

And this week, my dog Stella has been diagnosed with Squeema Cell Carcinoma Cancer.

Took a slapper to the single 1" spot on my pants that isn't padded... Stupid Eastons...

Plus, they won't stay up and don't have buttons for suspenders, so I get to pull them up every shift...

I think you should change your user name to Job. Good luck.

Job??? What in the world for?

And thanks for the Good Luck wishes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_%28Bible%29

Took a slapper to the single 1" spot on my pants that isn't padded... Stupid Eastons...

Plus, they won't stay up and don't have buttons for suspenders, so I get to pull them up every shift...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_%28Bible%29

Ahhh...A biblical reference....thats why I didnt know.

And I didnt even add in that my house value has gone down 140K? :(

Edited by eric42434224

I think he's referring to the Biblical Job. (Satan takes more and more away from Job, but Job's doesn't denounce God etc.).

Best wishes from me too.