Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Was offered a spot on a pro hockey team and am 1 semester away from graduation. I don't know if I should just finish school then maybe try again next year or if i should postpone school (again) and play.

If you're only 1 semester away then you can probably finish up your degree over the next couple of summers.

If you're only 1 semester away then you can probably finish up your degree over the next couple of summers.

100% I could, but im 4 months away from graduation and being done with all of it. Ill i am going to speak with the school tomorrow and explain my situation. Hopefully they will be able to give me some options

I had shoulder surgery yesterday to repair a torn labrum & remove bone spur. Dam it hurts right now. :mad:

damn that sucks man, one of my buddies has surgey a couple months ago on his labrum, the doctors found the tendon all the way down in his bicep

damn that sucks man, one of my buddies has surgey a couple months ago on his labrum, the doctors found the tendon all the way down in his bicep

It wasn't a bad tear supposedly. I have to use all my vacation time at work which kinda sucks. Hopefully I can back to work sooner rather later. Hockey on the hand will most likely be 4 - 6 months. Which blows.

I got pics of the surgery & the bone spur looked like some weird jagged crystal formation.

It wasn't a bad tear supposedly. I have to use all my vacation time at work which kinda sucks. Hopefully I can back to work sooner rather later. Hockey on the hand will most likely be 4 - 6 months. Which blows.

I got pics of the surgery & the bone spur looked like some weird jagged crystal formation.

Welcome to the club :laugh:

First, a minor "Sweet Spot". I lead my team in Playoff scoring *L*

I scored the only goal in 4-0 and 4-1 losses to end a best of 3 series. :(

Our regular goalie was AWOL for both games...so we had to grab fill ins. For our second game...we threw a Defenceman in net who hasn't played goal, other than 1 or 2 pickup games since Bantam...he was AWESOME! He made some great saves to keep us in it. But, in the end, youth won out and the team of kids gets to advance.

Canpar just delivered my new elbow pads to the wrong address, 10:30am, and the person who signed for it is denying they ever got it at 11:20am

:angry::angry::angry:

Moved to a new place last night, rooming with a good friend, and living next door to another good friend. My new roommates girlfriend is in town. After a few hours of drinking she tells me that 1. she is on her last strike with my roommate, 2. that she is madly in love with said roommate and would be crushed if they fell apart and 3. that she is also in love with my other friend, but not as much as the first guy.

Then I talk to my non-roommate friend and he tells me he loves her. Says shes the only girl hes ever met who puts up with him and appreciates him. (Trust me, he's a pretty crazy guy and is pretty overt the top so I'm not surprised to hear this.) So I have these two both literally crying on my shoulder, sometimes at the same time and sometimes separately, all night long. Meanwhile my little brother, in town with my dads truck to help me move, gets drunk for the first time in his life and I need to keep an eye on him all night so he doesn't do something stupid. (he didn't but there were some close calls.)

So now my friend is home for a few days, (he has a job at his home and a job near school in the summers) and she went home, and as far as I can tell they didn't finish their discussion. And it is abundantly clear that her boyfriend has no idea anything happened, because he fell asleep well before.

So I'm stuck in the middle, having no idea where, when, and how this will end and hoping it's not going to be an explosion.

You'll never guess what happened this week. The Roommate and the girl broke up. Neighbor and roommate hate each other. Girl feels like she can only talk to me because her dad is a hardass, her mom has been completely harsh about the entire situation. And right now I would love to do nothing more to tell everyone to go to hell, leave me alone, and handle their own problems. But I can't.

Pulled a muscle in my stomach...

...from sneezing.

EDIT - Add to this, the 85 dollar ticket I just got in the mail.

Edited by EBondo

Losing streak at 10. Mish-mosh team I got put on has had new players every season. Something like 5-35 record past 2.5 seasons. Maybe time to find a new league or just do pick up/stick times.

I had shoulder surgery yesterday to repair a torn labrum & remove bone spur. Dam it hurts right now. :mad:

My shoulder is feeling better but now I have Thrush.

It hurts more than my dam shoulder.

wow starsfan i'm sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family.

On another note, got cut from my junior team today, so rattled, especially since the coach said how good i looked in the exhibition game last night.

Edited by adam14

Over the last week or so, I have not been feeling well. This morning around 2:30 am it finally came to a head, I was in unbearable pain (albeit a familiar pain)I knew I was experiencing kidney stone pain. My wife and I went to the ER and after treatment, and a CT scan I am hopefully expected to pass a 3 millimeter stone in the next 48 hours.

The medicine also made me sick on the way home. What a morning.

Over the last week or so, I have not been feeling well. This morning around 2:30 am it finally came to a head, I was in unbearable pain (albeit a familiar pain)I knew I was experiencing kidney stone pain. My wife and I went to the ER and after treatment, and a CT scan I am hopefully expected to pass a 3 millimeter stone in the next 48 hours.

The medicine also made me sick on the way home. What a morning.

Sucks man. At least it's only 3mm so it shouldn't take long, right?

Hockey Dad in my building who also coaches a travel team here( = paycheck, not that he needs it since he drives a Land Rover) has me do a quick sizing on ONE100s last week on his bantam kid. Doesn't buy the skate, just tries them on. His kid is in the shop tonight so I call out the kid, "did you get the skates?" "Yeah, we got them at XYZ shop." the vent: next time your kid needs a rush sharpening, take them back to XYZ shop, 45 minutes down the road. No sale, sorry, no service.

im missing my family and girlfriend, i didnt think id get homesick but after going home for the weekend and seeing everyone again i realized how much i miss everyone. the family im living with is great to me i just miss everyone back home.

slight background:

i moved away from home a few weeks ago to play in wisconsin.

Edited by bednarz877

Hockey Dad in my building who also coaches a travel team here( = paycheck, not that he needs it since he drives a Land Rover) has me do a quick sizing on ONE100s last week on his bantam kid. Doesn't buy the skate, just tries them on. His kid is in the shop tonight so I call out the kid, "did you get the skates?" "Yeah, we got them at XYZ shop." the vent: next time your kid needs a rush sharpening, take them back to XYZ shop, 45 minutes down the road. No sale, sorry, no service.

My LHS charges a $20 skate fitting fee that gets waived if you buy the skates from the store, the owner told me that it saves him a lot of time and helps ward off the online only customers.

Also, my roommate is a complete useless slob, counting down the days till I strike him with a blunt object