Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Sporadic fever and choking up lung butter for over a week while the wife's out of town and I'm taking sole care of the kids. Sick and tired of trying to smile through being sick and tired.

Also: Two year olds going through the "Why?" phase:

"Why is there that in there?"

"There's nothing in there."

"Why?"

"We store those in the cupboards."

"Why is there cupboards?" (How the hell do you even start to answer that one?)

"So we can store things."

"Why?"

I love my little boy, and want him to stay curious and articulate, but sweet Jesus, sometimes my head's ready to pop.

In about ten years, you'll miss this stuff. My kids don't ask many questions anymore, because they think that they have all the answers. :)

In about ten years, you'll miss this stuff. My kids don't ask many questions anymore, because they think that they have all the answers. :)

I heard a great line about raising children. "You spend 2 years teaching your kids to walk and talk...and the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut up" *LOL*

my son is two, and hes in that phase right now. i just ask him for the answer. more often than not, he knows. if he doesnt know, then i answer his question and then a few minutes later i'll ask him to see if he remembers.

right now his big thing is for me to bounce one of his many sports balls so high that it hits the ceiling, which is 16' up. one time mom did it and hit one of the lights suspended from the ceiling... all he really wants is for me to recreate that event.

Banged my toe at the summer jam when someone was banging on my hotel door in the middle of the night. Finally had to peel it the rest of the way off tonight and it doesn't feel pleasant.

Truer words were never spoken. 99% of the time, I work hard to appreciate the little things, because I know how fast they'll be gone. It's that 1% day that had me posting. Thanks for the perspective check.

Could deal without the wife's histrionics about getting together with my best buddy in LA. Debauchery of college is long since gone and most of my old hoes aren't living with him in LA, sheesh. For my friends part he could do his best to mention Girl X(no I don't miss her and no we are not facebook friends). Also I could deal without meeting all of his D list stars, "this is my buddy who plays base guitar in blah blah blah, this is Carlton from Fresh Prince, this guy was a villain in that episode of 24, you catch that one?(I hardly watch TV)..." blah blah blah

Had a dentist appointment last Friday. They called on Thursday and needed to re-schedule for today...no problem. I wrote it down for 9:30am...well it was for 9:00am and now I had to reschedule for October 22!! My tooth is killing me...

Banged my toe at the summer jam when someone was banging on my hotel door in the middle of the night. Finally had to peel it the rest of the way off tonight and it doesn't feel pleasant.

Just wait until you see how ugly it looks when the claw starts growing back in.

Also I could deal without meeting all of his D list stars, "this is my buddy who plays base guitar in blah blah blah, this is Carlton from Fresh Prince, this guy was a villain in that episode of 24, you catch that one?(I hardly watch TV)..." blah blah blah

oh c'mon... its customary to introduce or be introduced by your accomplishments in hollywood. absolutely true, and everyone in the industry that isn't IN hollywood makes fun of it.

Probably wont be playing hockey for a few weeks due to a foot injury from blocking a slapshot.

Had an employee pass away several days ago. We shared an office together. 24 years old. Was taking a prescribed drug like Paxil/Prozac and apparently mixed it with a couple beers and valium. Was never informed that the funeral was today. Can't go because of other things.

Also found out today that our controller was embezzling money from us and writing checks to pay for his cable, child daycare, health insurance, etc. The new person cutting checks conveniently forgot that I should be receiving 2 paychecks today instead of one.

Oh well, the work day is almost over. All I have left is to step in my warehouse and find the biggest box we have so that I can bring my Akita's body to the vet after she gets put to sleep on Sunday morning at my house. :(

Edited by Jeff

It's been a constant barrage of curses coming from next door tonight. I live in a rowhome in Philly, and every once in a while the mom next door goes off on her 2 kids. it's a shame. If I cleaned it up it wouldn't even be a sentence.

Louisiana made an offer to move the whole company to Baton Rouge.... Our mayor is to meet with the company CEO to try to keep the company here. Things aren't looking so good right now.

Paid for an Xbox back on September 14th. Said it was shipped the next day, and had 100% feedback at the time. Now, he's gotten two negative feedbacks, and I've had no responses from him about where my damn package is. Ebay and PayPal disputes are now open; hoping to get my money back. Goddammit.

Edited by Krev

Had my glasses broken today. Apparently I had to get new ones. I was lucky enough to get a deal on them, for 170. But still, there goes my stick money. And the Stealth I found was my coaches. Oddly enough, he didn't even notice until the next practice when I had to be using it right in front of him. I guess it can only get worse from here.

Got caught in a hail storm driving home from work. Golf ball to tennis ball size hail. 75% of my car got damaged. Cars around me got their windows smashed out too.

after many years of wanting a Nissan Skyline R34, I finally went out and bought one. Asked the wife prior to the purchase on what car I can get, to which the reply was "whatever you want since you are the only one to drive it."... so said Skyline has been fun to drive around. Less than a month later, the wife decides to stop by the local car dealer to check out the latest Honda CRV, and basically my Skyline is history...

Bye bye buddy, it was good while it lasted.

Orderred a computer through Walmart for the free shipping to the store. They advertised the computer as including Pentium III and a blu-ray player. Sent the money, then saw the only review: 1 star. Clicked, and it said they just copied the listing of the higher level model, and this one has a crappier processor and no Blu-Ray. Didn't catch it in time to stop the order, now it's shipped. Really don't want it at the price I got it at if it doesn't have the hard drive, memory, and processor they said it had.

This could turn into an ordeal.

after many years of wanting a Nissan Skyline R34, I finally went out and bought one. Asked the wife prior to the purchase on what car I can get, to which the reply was "whatever you want since you are the only one to drive it."... so said Skyline has been fun to drive around. Less than a month later, the wife decides to stop by the local car dealer to check out the latest Honda CRV, and basically my Skyline is history...

Bye bye buddy, it was good while it lasted.

i bought a bmw 530 and she bought a chevy equinox. guess who's driving what, now.

cant wait to trade that thing in for a real suv.

my best friend's wife's birthday is this weekend and she wants to hit a bunch of night clubs with myself and my wife (its her bday as well). this guy was a club rat for years and is totally over it. but she's been out of the game for a couple years due to birth and wants to go. shes calling around looking for baby sitters but being that its thanksgiving here this weekend, no one is around. anyways, dude gets his girlfriend (yes, hes having an ongoing affair) to watch his child while he and his wife go out.

is that not f'in retarded? i'm in shock.

my best friend's wife's birthday is this weekend and she wants to hit a bunch of night clubs with myself and my wife (its her bday as well). this guy was a club rat for years and is totally over it. but she's been out of the game for a couple years due to birth and wants to go. shes calling around looking for baby sitters but being that its thanksgiving here this weekend, no one is around. anyways, dude gets his girlfriend (yes, hes having an ongoing affair) to watch his child while he and his wife go out.

is that not f'in retarded? i'm in shock.

What could possibly go wrong with that plan? [/snark]