Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slacker76

Penguins 2009-2010

I always have been a fan of Mike Lange. His calling of the game will always be Pittsburgh Hockey. It's unfortunate that he is no longer on the tv side. He is truely entertaining. For me, that's what Hockey broadcasters should be...entertainment. I (like I assume everyone else on this board) don't need the play by play guy explaining to me what's happening on the ice. I find Steigerwald to be annoying and uniformed. I think Errey is doing a good job and is the only thing that keeps the televised version's commentary interesting/entertaining.

Dupuis breaks a pane of glass behind Varlamov with a slapper from the Penguins nutral zone near the red line.. Crazy. I wonder how fast a shot from him would be if they clocked it.

27 mins for the Kid tonight, crazy for a forward in a non OT game. I get Malkins out, but are they going to wear the Kid out?

From a Pens fan perspective, did the refs miss as many calls on the Caps as they did on the Pens?

Yes, but I always shudder when I hear Devorski, O'Halloran (Sp?) McGeogh or McCreary being one of the game officials regardless of who is playing

27 mins for the Kid tonight, crazy for a forward in a non OT game. I get Malkins out, but are they going to wear the Kid out?

To be honest, wear him out for what? The way the rest of the team is playing at times, they aren't going anywhere. You might as well go with the best you have and see what happens.

With a playoff spot guaranteed I don't see the point in playing him 27 minutes. Might as well rest up as much as they can for the post season.

Side note, anyone going to the game tonight at Mellon? I'd give my pinky finger to be able to go :(

With a playoff spot guaranteed I don't see the point in playing him 27 minutes. Might as well rest up as much as they can for the post season.

Side note, anyone going to the game tonight at Mellon? I'd give my pinky finger to be able to go :(

Not going.

The Pens need to get going, it doesn't matter if they have a playoff spot. They need some confidence and momentum going in. If playing Sid maximizes the chances of that, go for it.

The Pens would be much more comfortable in the #2 seed than the #4.

The Rags/Flyers play their last 2 games against each other, so that will determine which one of them gets into the second season.

Montreal/Philly/Boston/New York would be a much more favorable match than Ottawa, given how the former 4 have played since the olympic break compared to the latter.

I understand Bylsma wanting to get the better matchup. I also think the Sens have flown somewhat under the radar this season because of their poor start and could be a tough out.

Personally I'd rather see them play Ottawa over the Flyers,Canadiens,or Rangers. Flyers are always tough and the Canadiens and Rangers both have some offense and both have goalies that are capable of stealing a series. I don't get that vibe from Ottawa.

I'd want to play Boston/Ottawa if I could choose personally.

If it's a slow game with a lot of whistles, it's not hard to get the minutes up for a star player without running him into the ground.

If it's a slow game with a lot of whistles, it's not hard to get the minutes up for a star player without running him into the ground.

And add powerplays where the first (and only) unit plays the entire time and you easily accrue the minutes.

And add powerplays where the first (and only) unit plays the entire time and you easily accrue the minutes.

Double shifting a forward in the NHL is still a tough night. You'd be hard pressed to find too many games where the player with the most ice time is a forward.

He is young and fit and should be able to handle it, but after all the hockey the guy has played over the last 2yrs, resting him up a bit, prior to the tourney isn't a bad idea.

i would want to see a replay of the hit - i thought the d-man turned at the last second after poni was already committed to the hit - but i haven't seen a replay yet and wasn't sure

congrats to Sid on his 500th NHL point. for all of you haters out there who say "Crosby sucks!" "He's not all that!" there are only 2 people who reached 500 points at a younger age than Crosby: Gretzky and Mario.

Shame about the 50th goal but good point Shoeshine Boy. I think one fact a lot of people forget when comparing Crosby and Ovechkin is that Ovechkin is 2 years older.

Sidebar - did Sid wear the visor tilted up the whole game? Before the game it was up, and when he was talking to Streit after the Poni hit it was tilted up, but did he leave it like that the whole time?

He had the visor down at times last night but it finished up. In the washington game the visor was waaaay up though, getzlaf in the olympics kind of high.

Shame about the 50th goal but good point Shoeshine Boy. I think one fact a lot of people forget when comparing Crosby and Ovechkin is that Ovechkin is 2 years older.

Sidebar - did Sid wear the visor tilted up the whole game? Before the game it was up, and when he was talking to Streit after the Poni hit it was tilted up, but did he leave it like that the whole time?

i was confused about the whole 50th goal play as well - i was at the game and thought for sure it went off guerin, but when ref skated over and talked to guerin and then skated over to the scoring box and signaled 13 with his hands. So I assumed that guerin must have said it did touch him. Then like 5 mins later they announced the goal as crosby's and instantly panned to crosby on the bench where he was shaking his head no.