Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slacker76

Penguins 2009-2010

the announcers said that linesmen basically stopped calling stuff as soon as the 2 referee system was instituted - it's like they don't want to step on the referee's toes. They figure if one of the refs didn't call it - then it isn't their place to say anything.

of course i didnt mind. i am a penguins fan. but i didnt know that even getting hit you need to control your stick, which is a little odd in certain situations.

You always have to control your stick, there's no qualifier. Odd call as there was a ref it seemed that had the play in front of him, he should have called it to begin with.

Yeah, I think that's the first time I can remember a linesman calling something since they went to two refs. Great comeback though. The shift they tied the game on was just Malkin flying around the Panthers' zone for two minutes until they finally scored.

Rupp needs to replace Guerin on the first PP unit.

Good game tonight, weird though. They outplayed Montreal but you could make a case that Price should have saved all three goals.

I cant believe Crosby actually got a spinning backhand pass to connect. Spectacular when it works. Price didn't have a chance on the goal by Gonchar. Guerins was pretty weak and Sid beat him with a nice shot using the Dman as a screen. Price wasn't getting much help so what can ya say . Good game for the Pens. 4th line was a beast tonight.

I cant believe Crosby actually got a spinning backhand pass to connect.

That's what, two so far? Is he still using that spinning shot as much as he used to?

Matt Cooke earned his money tonight. Borderline, at best, hit ends up putting the game completely out of reach 'cause of Brashear's penalty.

He's taking actual slapshots now, it's good to see him not try and go to his backhand 75% of the time from the high slot.

Its always great to get a hattrick on free hat night! Best ever was when the blackhawks gave away plastic hard hats or some shit like that and someone got a hatty..those things were bouncing all over the ice lol. Monday should be a great game!

Its always great to get a hattrick on free hat night! Best ever was when the blackhawks gave away plastic hard hats or some shit like that and someone got a hatty..those things were bouncing all over the ice lol. Monday should be a great game!

Kunitz in his first game as a Penguin had 1g1a. Jonny Toews got a hatty on the mentioned Hard Hat night. His first 3rd goal was disallowed which still prompted some ppl to throw their hats, while the 2nd one was a tidal wave of hard hats.

Didn't Ryan Malone get a hattrick against Isles on ski cap/beanie night?

Ryan Malone's hatty, totally forgot about Crosby's keep away from Zhitnik:

I remember that. Zhitnik got traded two or three days later :lol:

wonder if it'll affect him throughout his career :rolleyes:

It has for the last couple years. I caught a lot of crap for saying his groin problems would keep coming back when he started having the problems. Problems like this keep coming back for the rest of your career.

See also: Marian Gaborik, Simon Gagne, and countless others throughout the years.

groin = very integral part of body.

Don't forget Kari Lehtonen here in ATL. He breaks his groin every season which has led to his back problems now.

As long as he's smart about it and eases up when it starts to bother him and skip a game or two rather than play and play until he has to miss weeks or months because of a surgery or something he should be able to last quite awhile.