Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2009-2010 Suspension Thread

:rolleyes:

And yet again, they mess up. Ott should be fined, Scuderi suspended.

I do think it's easier to Justify Scuderi's hit than Ott's. At least Scuderi was playing a one on one at the time while Ott was hitting someone well after the puck was gone. That said, it sure looked like Scuderi was going for the knees.

Slow-mo shows Scuderi lining up well below the knees, and Chimera's head skidding along the ice for a couple inches before he completes the 360 twist.

It was lower than I thought, I would have no problem with a suspension on the play. It's eerily similar to the hit Scuderi put on Zubrus. Was there a suspension on that play? I can't find anything on it.

:rolleyes:

And yet again, they mess up. Ott should be fined, Scuderi suspended.

I do think it's easier to Justify Scuderi's hit than Ott's. At least Scuderi was playing a one on one at the time while Ott was hitting someone well after the puck was gone. That said, it sure looked like Scuderi was going for the knees.

Slow-mo shows Scuderi lining up well below the knees, and Chimera's head skidding along the ice for a couple inches before he completes the 360 twist.

It was lower than I thought, I would have no problem with a suspension on the play. It's eerily similar to the hit Scuderi put on Zubrus. Was there a suspension on that play? I can't find anything on it.

Don't believe so. Zubrus also wasn't flipped completely over. He did the walking hands to keep himself as upright as possible.

Don't believe so. Zubrus also wasn't flipped completely over. He did the walking hands to keep himself as upright as possible.

That part you can't blame on Scuderi

For what its worth, Richards tried throwing the EXACT same hit tonight. OV just crossing the blue line, and Richards cuts across at the exact same angle, shoulder and all but missed. Way to learn your lesson. Good job campbell.

For what its worth, Richards tried throwing the EXACT same hit tonight. OV just crossing the blue line, and Richards cuts across at the exact same angle, shoulder and all but missed. Way to learn your lesson. Good job campbell.

alright. so lets say richards landed the hit on ovechkin but got him right in the chest...not the head...you would still say its a dirty hit?

are you saying that richards should learn his lesson and not throw any more open ice hits anymore?

btw the reason he didnt land the hit was because ovechkin had his head up and managed to get out of the way. but thats getting off my point.

I think it is safe to say that Colin Campbell has made a mockery of consistency and turned the NHL's disciplinary process into a joke and a crap shoot.

The Richards hit, in my opinion, was an obvious blow to the head and warranted supplementry discipline.

The only thing that stood out in the Ott hit was that it may have been a little late.

alright. so lets say richards landed the hit on ovechkin but got him right in the chest...not the head...you would still say its a dirty hit?

are you saying that richards should learn his lesson and not throw any more open ice hits anymore?

btw the reason he didnt land the hit was because ovechkin had his head up and managed to get out of the way. but thats getting off my point.

He sent a player off on a stretcher. And then throws the exact same hit? Im all for open ice hits, but there is a right and wrong way to do them. Not punishing Richards for a few games has taught him he can try to blindside every forward crossing his blueline. But what goes around comes around. He'll get his.

You are a dumbass.

You've created a completely different scenario than that of the Booth-Richards incident. If he hits him in the head, it's a dirty hit. If he hits him in the chest, clean hit.

Hockey players will throw open ice hits, because that is what they are taught. People will get hurt, that's the nature of it. But, you can still be clean about it.

Ovechkin had his head up, so he dodged the hit. Okay, lets say he didn't dodge the hit and had his head down, like Booth, and got clocked in the head.

It's still a dirty hit, no matter how you try and spin it.

Why is it that when Darius Kasparaitis threw the same hip check as Scuderi, everyone screamed he was going for the knees?

He was never in front of the guy when he did it, his "hip" checks always seemed to come from the side and into the knees.

This may be an unpopular opinion...but I really have no problen with the WAY Ott hit Coliacavo...I don't like how far he travelled to do it.

How is that any worse than the low hit Bergeron threw on Morrow a few years back, provided it wasn't so late.

Or when Hasek charged out of the net and up ended Gaborik (that was on the Friday night of MSH Skate 3...I recall the bar really loved that one.)

You are a dumbass.

You've created a completely different scenario than that of the Booth-Richards incident. If he hits him in the head, it's a dirty hit. If he hits him in the chest, clean hit.

Hockey players will throw open ice hits, because that is what they are taught. People will get hurt, that's the nature of it. But, you can still be clean about it.

Ovechkin had his head up, so he dodged the hit. Okay, lets say he didn't dodge the hit and had his head down, like Booth, and got clocked in the head.

so whos to say that richards would have hit ovechkin in the head?

you can call me a dumbass all you want..but that doesnt change the point.

i understand you calling the booth hit dirty. you make a good argument there. but its ridiculous to say that he was trying to make another dirty play here...

You are a dumbass.

i understand you calling the booth hit dirty. you make a good argument there. but its ridiculous to say that he was trying to make another dirty play here...

You can understand the booth hit being dirty.. but you cant see the comparison to last night where he attemped the exact same thing? It wasn't similar or close, it was the exact situation. Im not saying he was TRYING to throw a dirty hit, if he had hit OV on the shoulder and rocked him, good for Richards. The point is that he attempted the hit last game, and hit booth in the head and sent him off the ice. I think its ridiculous he would attempt the same play the very next game. It doesn't help that his elbow isn't tucked into his body either. Back to the Morrow interview, Richards didn't learn that that type of hit shouldn't be in the NHL, so he continues to do it. Had he been suspended for a few games, he wouldn't be doing that.

You are a dumbass.

Everybody but you has said that Richards would've hit OV in the head. I can almost guarantee it given their past as rivals. Richards attempted two dirty plays, succeeded on one, was not suspended, and will continue to do it until he his shown otherwise.

Take the homer glasses off.

who is "everyone else"?

richards isnt even tall enough to land ovechkin in the head! i highly doubt he was aiming for ovechkins head.

i am honestly shocked that you are angry over richards attempting to line up ovechkin.

you have every right to be angry about the hit on booth. you think it was dirty...a majority of people think it was dirty..i respect that.

but its not fair to be all up in arms over a missed hit in which you are assuming that he was aiming for the head.

Alright...that's enough discussion on 1 incident. If the NHL can't figure out what's what...how are we expected to agree on every call.

Richards/Booth has been talked to death...and Richards/Ovy didn't even happen.

Moving on now!

ladd v. d'agostini. poor kid, hardly knew ya.... nice hit, legal to the same degree as the richards hit, but still wince inducing.

just hate watching players heads compress then snap back, only to fall into a motionless snow angel...

but yeah, probably won't be suspended... but you never know, campbell could be sober.

ladd v. d'agostini. poor kid, hardly knew ya.... nice hit, legal to the same degree as the richards hit, but still wince inducing.

just hate watching players heads compress then snap back, only to fall into a motionless snow angel...

but yeah, probably won't be suspended... but you never know, campbell could be sober.

Just saw the video on youtube, including the multi angles slow mo. I don't see how that isn't a suspension. Personally, I think it should be ten game, but it will probably be two or three. Bear in mind, I am a Blackhawks fan and I think it should be a suspension.

I've only watched the Youtube vid of quickly one time, but this Ladd hit seems the cleanest out of all of the recent headshots.

I'd bet he doesn't get suspended, although since this has been the hot topic in the NHL for the last week it's possible they try to make an example out of him.

Ladd isn't rally a "repeat offender" (is he???) which seems to be important to Colie when handing out suspensions...and D'Agostini isn't a star player...which also seems to carry some weight with CC...so I'm calling no suspension here.

Richards could just as easily have gone shoulder to shoulder on Booth and knocked him arse over teakettle.

almost an identical hit with no suspension. The only reason the hit looks so bad is because he turns his head at the last second. if he doesn't do that, it's shoulder on shoulder.

give him a game for leaving his feet (although i cant really tell if that was before or after the impact)...but other than that it was another solid hit.

head hits are unfortunate. but it is way too difficult to eliminate them without eliminating open ice hits all together.

give him a game for leaving his feet (although i cant really tell if that was before or after the impact)...but other than that it was another solid hit.

head hits are unfortunate. but it is way too difficult to eliminate them without eliminating open ice hits all together.

Anyone see Komisarek run over Glen Metropolit...??? Open Ice...Body to body....CLEAN AS HELL....THAT should be shown to every player. That is how to take a guy out.

And for that matter...Cherry pointed out during Coaches Corner. The D-man left Grabovski (I think) fishing for a pass that would have left him trolley tracked...but Gionta (again, I think) laid up...and didn't KO him. Now...Gionta is hardly the guy you'd expet to see in the role of the "train" in that situation...but it showed a respect that we don't see enough.