Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeyJ0506

Pittsburgh

Ohhhh The Jets... the team that they told me was a D-League team, but plays B-League at Southpointe, Ice Castle and one of the Blade Runners... I hate those guys.

Ohhhh The Jets... the team that they told me was a D-League team, but plays B-League at Southpointe, Ice Castle and one of the Blade Runners... I hate those guys.

Tell me about it... No way they should have been playing in a D-League

Yeah, even though they were in thee opposite division I still challenged them being in the league. Blaine said that most of their team is over 40, but I contested that they bring in young guys.

Regardless, D-League at RMU is a much better league than most C-Leagues, but still the Jets have no business there.

We're in the semi-finals (first round bye, second round defeated the Banditos 9-3) against the Killer Bunnies. Took them 6-5 in game one, game two is Sunday at 8:20.

My roster is currently filled. If you are interested in being a back-up or getting on the team's waiting list, please let me know.

Game three tonight... of course they had three new players after losing game one.

Game three tonight... of course they had three new players after losing game one.

It does not surprise me whatsoever. It is a joke that these teams take winning so seriously that they're willing to cheat to win there. I talked to Blaine before the new guy was hired and he said some changes are being implemented in the fall. My biggest issue is that the rule, "all players must wear same colored jerseys with numbers," is not enforced at all. How am I supposed to tell who is and is not on the roster when half the roster has names but no numbers associated with the player? It makes the ability to challenge a player's eligibility impossible.

It does not surprise me whatsoever. It is a joke that these teams take winning so seriously that they're willing to cheat to win there. I talked to Blaine before the new guy was hired and he said some changes are being implemented in the fall. My biggest issue is that the rule, "all players must wear same colored jerseys with numbers," is not enforced at all. How am I supposed to tell who is and is not on the roster when half the roster has names but no numbers associated with the player? It makes the ability to challenge a player's eligibility impossible.

You don't know how refreshing it is to hear someone else complain about this also. I felt like I was always the only one.

I've had the same team night in and night out and we got called on a player challenge in our playoff game against the Banditos. When we played them in the second or third game of the year we had a really off night. Like maybe six guys total and they beat us 9-4 or something like that.

So we beat them in the playoffs 9-3 and they run to the refs after the game. Ref asked me I said he played like seven games and said to the ref, before they challenge a player tell them to get matching jerseys WITH numbers. I didn't hear anything else after that.

I love to win and we pay good money to play out there, that they need to do a better job of keeping track. My team always plays fair, but there are a good number of teams that have a rotating roster; what's sad is the Mario (shorter, asian ref) is the goalie for the Killer Bunnies. My idea is that they get a finger print scanner like many tanning salons have and when you sign in you also must scan your finger print. Why not show a driver's license at the front desk?

So I guess tonight, I will challenge their roster if these guys show up without numbers.

I would challenge out of principle. The real problem is that the refs/league doesn't care after they get paid. The only way I seen in fixing it is to boycott. The problem with this is I'm sure there are teams lining up behind us waiting for our spot just to have a place to play.

I love to win and we pay good money to play out there, that they need to do a better job of keeping track. My team always plays fair, but there are a good number of teams that have a rotating roster; what's sad is the Mario (shorter, asian ref) is the goalie for the Killer Bunnies. My idea is that they get a finger print scanner like many tanning salons have and when you sign in you also must scan your finger print. Why not show a driver's license at the front desk?

So I guess tonight, I will challenge their roster if these guys show up without numbers.

First, How'd you make out last night?

And, when I asked Blaine about checking IDs before games his reasoning to me why they don't do it is because of the very real possibility that people can forget their IDs in their cars or at home, and then what are they to do when they get to the arena and they have no ID? My thinking is that if you have to have your ID to play, most people would be very unlikely to forget it. I do like your finger print scanner ID, but I do not see that happening anytime soon. Whatever, "fix," they implement will be cheap and easy; the scanner sounds expensive and complicated.

I would challenge out of principle. The real problem is that the refs/league doesn't care after they get paid. The only way I seen in fixing it is to boycott. The problem with this is I'm sure there are teams lining up behind us waiting for our spot just to have a place to play.

The rule is that if you challenge and are wrong the team's captain (Oh, that's me!) is sitting in the box for 2 minutes for each incorrect challenge. Sorry, unless I have a pretty good idea that I'm correct, and a good chance of getting the call in my favor I'm not going to challenge. I'm not wasting my night away when it's a 45 minute drive to get there because the league is not properly enforcing the rules it has laid down. When I feel like I have a legitimate shot at challenging a player's eligibility I will do so. But, as it stands, it is too hard to show that a player is not on the opposing roster.

We lost 6-4.

We tied it with two minutes left and then they got a power play with a minute-and-half left. After the game, the ref was like it should have been even with coincidentals. I just hate losing to them, because they had three kids that were the biggest douches and celebrated like it every time. Like way over the top, not to mention their fans threw hats onto the ice, which I thought should have been an usportsmanlike at that level.

Onto next season, I suppose. Just really bitter about this game.

The irony is that I was getting my key back last night and I saw the sign-in for a C-League game, three guys for Road Kill all had the same signature.

I just can't figure out what you can do to fix it.

Fingerprint scanners actually run about $50, you can even get them at Wal*Mart, at least that's what a fast Google tells me. If tanning salons have them, I doubt that they're super expensive.

The only other alternative is for the league to issue the jerseys, which takes some of the fun out of having a team then. David Dunn sent me an email last night also outlining the challenge process and said that if we demand an ID be checked, it can be done.

I don't know, it's not as bad as Bladerunners in Bethel. We got hosed in seven championships, they even sat skaters to let better ones play, they sat on the bench in street clothes! It was obvious because the team had two girls skaters that were excellent players, but sat for two guys to play, who does that!?

I didn't know about the penalty for a failed challenge. However, if they don't enforce any of they're other rules, why would they enforce that one?

I didn't know about the penalty for a failed challenge. However, if they don't enforce any of they're other rules, why would they enforce that one?

Because they'd be pissed that you actually made them do something to earn their fee from that night.

I will say this though, the games are much better officiated than they were at BladeRunners in Cranberry, and the facilities exponentially better maintained. Also, not starting games at ten-till-midnight was nice. I just hope that RMU steps back and takes a look at what is obviously wrong with some things in the league and makes changes to better the competition. And, I hope those changes follow into the college inline league... Teams playing tier-3 there that should be in tier-1 is also a real problem.

The irony is that I was getting my key back last night and I saw the sign-in for a C-League game, three guys for Road Kill all had the same signature.

The people that work at the front desk really are not going to care about anyone coming in. They're probable making minimum wage, and why worry about anything other than the locker room key when there is someone sitting right next to them to talk to and make their boring shift pass faster?

Blaine told me that full rosters will be printed before every game in the fall. Players will have to sign in next to their name to show that they are there. Honestly, I do not see how this is going to help the problem. With no real way of identifying the player, people are still going to sign into the slot of whichever player is not going to be there that night. Until they implement an ID Card, Retinal, or Finger Print scanner these problems are going to persist. Until they enforce the jersey rules challenging a player's eligibility on the ice is going to be nearly impossible.

Yeah, I agree that won't change anything. Anyone can scribble a signature.

How about I went to register and they told me they were full, talked to Dunn again and said they're working on more ice time, I was like we've been playing here for over a year and I pay in full everytime. How do you only give people a week to register...

I think we might be playing each other this season.

So, I take it you got into the league when they found more ice time? Haha, hopefully we will be able to give you a good game. It sounds like you guys are pretty good though; so it may not go that way. Then of course, our entire roster basically got turned over and reworked so I have no idea how good or not we are going to be. I'm just looking forward to starting up again. I have not been on the ice since our last regular season game. I'm number 55, come over, give me a tap on my shins, and make fun of my visor. HAHA!

From the gist I got was that there was going to be only one D-League... We have our moments, we can play really well or really bad; I consider us an enigma most of the time, really good teams we play up to par with them and really bad teams we play down. I'm number 11.

I didn't know Eric M. played on your team. He played for me for a long time, pretty much until we moved to RMU actually.

Did you look through the rosters? Nate Guenin is listed on a team out there...

I didn't know Eric M. played on your team. He played for me for a long time, pretty much until we moved to RMU actually.

Did you look through the rosters? Nate Guenin is listed on a team out there...

Eric answered a similar call for players that I placed on the LGP.Com forums. So he's pretty much an unknown for me.

As far as Nate Guenin... If he's one and the same as the professional, I quit.

Eric is a good guy, as well as Dennis. He can really skate.

As long as they're good guys, that's all I'm really concerned about. The fact they can play is a bonus. I just hope USPS stops dicking around and gets their jerseys here by the time the season starts. I'm excited to get on the ice again. And as far as Guenin goes; his wikipedia page says he signed a one year deal with Columbus in the off season, for his sake I hope that the wikipedia page is correct, and the roster is either a naming coincidence or a stupid joke.

I'm trying to get my new ones ordered. I'm having trouble finding someone to help me with the graphics, plus I have to get the money off of the sponsor.

Haha, indeed. I'm excited. We crapped our pants last game. Up 6-2 in the last game going into the 3rd, ended up tying 6-6. But, we've been playing better. Hopefully we can at least give you a clean, competitive game.