Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Feedback/Questions about Subscriptions

Is there an easy way to set up the good buy / good sell stats as part of the paying Members+ profiles, along with the dates and buying / selling partners? The person buying / selling with the other member would be the one who gives a +1 or a -1, and maybe a short comment.

That way, when people are researching a potential buyer / seller, they can see the history more easily.

Actually, i think there may be a way to do this. If you click on a member name----> view member profile. From there every member has a "COMMENT" box in the lower right. There you can write in a +/- 1, and a short comment, and it will be available for all to see. If that's done, all one would have to do to check references is look in that comment box...

Just a thought...

Is there an easy way to set up the good buy / good sell stats as part of the paying Members+ profiles, along with the dates and buying / selling partners? The person buying / selling with the other member would be the one who gives a +1 or a -1, and maybe a short comment.

That way, when people are researching a potential buyer / seller, they can see the history more easily.

Actually, i think there may be a way to do this. If you click on a member name----> view member profile. From there every member has a "COMMENT" box in the lower right. There you can write in a +/- 1, and a short comment, and it will be available for all to see. If that's done, all one would have to do to check references is look in that comment box...

Just a thought...

I just did it, with your profile. The feature works, and I think that it would be a very easy way to check references.

Thanks!

I've made a few deals of the years and all very succesfully. Charging a service fee is appropriate. The site should not cost you money and quite frankly if you made a profit it is well deserved. If at some point you find you are still getting bad trades you might consider raising the fee but then providing a bag, towel, shirt or something. You might make a tad more $ but more imortantly further deter scammers.

You might make a tad more $ but more imortantly further deter scammers.

We don't mind leaving money on the table and we were concerned about pricing out the casual buyers. I would rather have more people participate than anything else.

I don't know... $0.85 per month? Could lead to financial ruin.

Most people look at the big numbers, not the monthly average and round numbers are easier.

I've made a few deals of the years and all very succesfully. Charging a service fee is appropriate. The site should not cost you money and quite frankly if you made a profit it is well deserved. If at some point you find you are still getting bad trades you might consider raising the fee but then providing a bag, towel, shirt or something. You might make a tad more $ but more imortantly further deter scammers.

the fee won't address any of the issues with buy/sell section (resellers selling for more, or stores unloading stuff), but i have no issues helping the guys out a little bit (my work builds websites so i know it's a bit of worth and money to keep this site up).

I think the mere fact that their name/paypal email address may or may not be saved on file may deter scammers. I know that my paypal email is different than the email I use to sign up for forums/buy from online stores.

Just for the record, any information provided for transactions will not be used for marketing or given to any outside parties for any reason.

Over the several years I have been a member, I have saved a lot more than $10. My subscription is paid.

Over the few days since I saw this announcement I have saved (One95 OPS and One90 gloves, RBK 5k elbowpads for a grand total of $132 shipped)

Easiest decision on what to do with $10 I have made in a long time

Can non-subscribers navigate to the threads in this section (to get instructions and to get convinced)?

Non-sunscribing "members+" can see this subforum, "members" can not. Only those that pay for the subscription can see the "sell" and "buy" forums and the topics.