Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Feedback/Questions about Subscriptions

This system has worked out great IMO. I wish the iw board would do something like this. There's alot of good deals on equipment, and I appreciate having the access to them. Haven't bought much yet, as most of my transactions have been initiated on facebook or the iw board. Still worth it IMO

I know you guys have gone over it before, but it doesnt hurt to post an opinion.

I'm also of the opinion that anyone should be able to view the section and have the option to buy, but you should have to pay to sell. This has worked wonderfully on a photo forum that I go to and they have many, many people paying to sell because the potential buying community is so large.

I think this would only benefit the sellers and encourage more participation as the potential to actually sell items would be much greater.

Again, I like the site and am not trying to convince you of anything, just thought I'd put out my 2 cents and maybe it could be considered at some point as I'd be much more likely to participate if I knew I had a potential buying audience of more than a couple hundred people.

Thanks for the work on the site guys.

Understand why we did this -

I don't want a member to come on here and take away from this site's purpose; which is an informative site. This is why we have a desired post count to be able to buy into the Gear Exchange - like Wex said, quality. I'd rather draw from a pool of 1100 than 9900 - the sellers are going to be more informative, knowledgeable, and the equipment will be better.

Also, having one group dedicated to exchange makes it easier on the sellers and cuts down on tirekicking - I mean - you see eBayers who won't sell to people with 0 feedback. Same thing applies here.

There's 200 members participating out of 10000........2% of total members?..I guess that says it all? This doesn't give you reason to re-think the system? I was on the fence regarding paying the $10.....of course its not the price............but now that I found out there are only 200 possible buyers and sellers......I decided against..........Thanks!

For some people, it's not even about paying $10 to buy/sell equipment. It's about supporting a site that is a WEALTH of information from some of the best unsung heroes that are involved in hockey. Everything I've learned from them is worth WAY more than $10, especially considering that I was able to apply that knowledge to my job when I was working for my LHS.

Again, this isn't a buy/sell site. That is not the function. The buy/sell is a bonus/add-on/privilege... whatever you wanna call it. Information first, buy/sell second.

For some people, it's not even about paying $10 to buy/sell equipment. It's about supporting a site that is a WEALTH of information from some of the best unsung heroes that are involved in hockey. Everything I've learned from them is worth WAY more than $10, especially considering that I was able to apply that knowledge to my job when I was working for my LHS.

Again, this isn't a buy/sell site. That is not the function. The buy/sell is a bonus/add-on/privilege... whatever you wanna call it. Information first, buy/sell second.

As i read somewhere in this thread before, the mods get a great deal on bandwith, but it still is not cheap,and this money goes towards part of the bandwith cost, right? I will have a paypal account up and running within the year so i'll suscribe just because of all of the things that MSH has offered to me, even though it is not likely I will buy anything in the BST forum.

As i read somewhere in this thread before, the mods get a great deal on bandwith, but it still is not cheap,and this money goes towards part of the bandwith cost, right? I will have a paypal account up and running within the year so i'll suscribe just because of all of the things that MSH has offered to me, even though it is not likely I will buy anything in the BST forum.

I don't have a PayPal account and I was still able to use it to make payment.

I buy/sell very infrequently, but paid the fee happily to support the site.

I'm quite new here, and just got access to this section.

I read the FAQ, don't know what the MSH skate is, don't know what a "swag sale" is, and don't have a clue what kind of gear/prices are available. I can see where some folks in my position would be reluctant to pay money to see what's in an unopened box. I find this aspect of the system unappealing, but, unfortunately, I don't have a wonderful alternative to suggest.

If I pay my $10, and I probably will soon, it won't be because I want access to the gear section, it'll be to throw the board a little support. I've just replaced most of my 30-40 year old gear.

I suggest you consider adding to the FAQ, to help people like myself. It seems written for people who have seen the gear section before the change. A little more info for newchums might be helpful.

I'm quite new here, and just got access to this section.

I read the FAQ, don't know what the MSH skate is, don't know what a "swag sale" is, and don't have a clue what kind of gear/prices are available. I can see where some folks in my position would be reluctant to pay money to see what's in an unopened box. I find this aspect of the system unappealing, but, unfortunately, I don't have a wonderful alternative to suggest.

If I pay my $10, and I probably will soon, it won't be because I want access to the gear section, it'll be to throw the board a little support. I've just replaced most of my 30-40 year old gear.

I suggest you consider adding to the FAQ, to help people like myself. It seems written for people who have seen the gear section before the change. A little more info for newchums might be helpful.

MSH skate would be a game that we put on

Swag sale is when we order up some branded merchandise (JR and I were talking about a couple things just before I left)

Good points though, I will look into it when I get home.

I know you guys have gone over it before, but it doesnt hurt to post an opinion.

I'm also of the opinion that anyone should be able to view the section and have the option to buy, but you should have to pay to sell. This has worked wonderfully on a photo forum that I go to and they have many, many people paying to sell because the potential buying community is so large.

I think this would only benefit the sellers and encourage more participation as the potential to actually sell items would be much greater.

Again, I like the site and am not trying to convince you of anything, just thought I'd put out my 2 cents and maybe it could be considered at some point as I'd be much more likely to participate if I knew I had a potential buying audience of more than a couple hundred people.

That's the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JR, what do you think? Chadd?

Ah Haaaaaa Moment!!

This is the answer!!!! NO?

Ah Haaaaaa Moment!!

This is the answer!!!! NO?

And what if you want to post something in the buy section, which is where people post things they would like to buy?

That method would just have an ad, and everyone would have to communicate through private message. Our current system allows people to ask questions about the product in the thread, therefore eliminating the seller having to answer questions over and over again about the product.

That is why paying and having the option of selling a product or putting a want ad up is the only way to do it. We're not changing it.

not only that, but the BST section isnt set up to provide hockey players with supplemental income like this aforementioned photo trade forum is. we're talking about hockey gear that we no longer want. YES some people go to equipment sales and buy everything with the intent to sell it for profit, but that is the small minority. most are users or collectors who recycle gear that we are finished with for whatever reason. msh has provided a niche that a free service like craigslist can't - a group of like minded individuals with an interest and knowledge for the same products. paying $10 to access this group, as i've said many times now, is a small price to pay. ADDITIONALLY, you're helping to sustain a wealth of knowledge and expertise. the BST section has always been a reward for your support... which is why it isnt open upon registration.