Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBX2006

Hockey shops in MA

TSR now has satellite stores in the Valley League rinks in Haverhill and Lawrence.

The Lawrence store was actually the first TSR shop. They only keep the Lawrence store now because the guys who own the Lawrence and Haverhill make them keep it so they can have the Haverhill location.

I still wanna check it out. I don't doubt you

I went after christmas when they only had about 20 sticks and 5 pairs of gloves. The guy said they would be getting their next order in a couple of weeks, so they probaly have more equipment now. Let me know how it is.

It's still junk. I went down (from NH) last Sunday and there were hardly any sticks or gloves, pretty much just clothes and shoes. I ended up buying a hat and a sweatshirt, I wasn't leaving empty handed.

does anyone know of a quality hockey shop in MA, preferably near Boston other than any of the Pure Hockey stores?

Two great ones in Springfield, MA! Gateway Hardware and Bertelli's, both amazing amount of product and expertise.

does anyone know of a quality hockey shop in MA, preferably near Boston other than any of the Pure Hockey stores?

Two great ones in Springfield, MA! Gateway Hardware and Bertelli's, both amazing amount of product and expertise.

I like Bertelli's better, as far as helpful and welcoming goes.

At Gateway, I think the really tall guy knows an awful lot, but he doesn't really interact with the customers. It's mainly the others that don't know as much that actually end up interacting with the customers, in my experience.

Both have a good selection of items, though, as far as that goes.

TSR is worth the drive, don't bother with the one in Haverhills rink they had shit in it I assume the same for Lawrence. Gotta go to the big store in Salem NH tons of pro stocks.

TSR is a bit of a drive outside boston. if you can make the drive, you won't be disappointed. pro stock stick heaven for only $105 a pop/ here's their website: http://tsrhockey.org/tsrhockey/content/

The TSR in Salem, NH is the best. (TAX FREE TOO)

TSR now has satellite stores in the Valley League rinks in Haverhill and Lawrence.

^

If you go anywhere else in Mass or NH you are shooting yourself in the foot. I played for Bay State this past year, and always use to go up to TSR, even though it was a hike, they never failed me.

TSR is by far the best in the area. A bit of a hike from Boston but well worth the drive. Great selection of custom and prostock sticks gloves and pants as well as regular stock equipment. Also they have a very knowledgeable staff.

The guys at Ristuccia Arena (Bruins training center) do an amazing skate job. Barely any equipment though...I go to Pure Hockey and TSR for all my stuff.

The guys at Ristuccia Arena (Bruins training center) do an amazing skate job. Barely any equipment though...I go to Pure Hockey and TSR for all my stuff.

True, ristuccia probably has the best sharpening in my area, but like you said no equipment really.

Always good to catch the Bruins practicing while waiting for a skate sharpening.

True, ristuccia probably has the best sharpening in my area, but like you said no equipment really.

Always good to catch the Bruins practicing while waiting for a skate sharpening.

The training camps in late August/early September are always a good time as well.

To bring this topic back up, TSR has quality and reliable skate sharpening? Anyone I should try to avoid?

I'll bump this as I'm looking for a Boston-area shop with a decent skate collection for trying out some new styles. No car access so must be local / T accessible.