Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBX2006

Hockey shops in MA

Just want to give a quick review on the new hockey monkey store in Norwood. They have a decent selection, say they price match, and the guys that fit skates are honest and know their stuff. Luckily I went there the day they opened their new shooting area and I was the second non-employee to use it.

I'll bump this as I'm looking for a Boston-area shop with a decent skate collection for trying out some new styles. No car access so must be local / T accessible.

T-accessible from where? Off the top of my head - and I can't speak to quality of service - I know Cooke's is right near the Wilmington Commuter Rail stop, Sports Etc. is on the 77 bus route, Pure Hockey in Needham is a few blocks from the Needham Center commuter rail and the ... I want to say 57 or 59 bus?

I like Bertelli's better, as far as helpful and welcoming goes.

At Gateway, I think the really tall guy knows an awful lot, but he doesn't really interact with the customers. It's mainly the others that don't know as much that actually end up interacting with the customers, in my experience.

Both have a good selection of items, though, as far as that goes.

i live not even 5 minutes away from bertellies and its an incredible shop. its a bit of a tight squeeze but they have all top level all the way down to beginners range of equiptment. i know all the guys that work there and they will give you deals and discounts all the time on your gear. they have ordered me gear countless times if it wasnt in stock and ive always been satisfied there. jay is a great man, ive been a customer to them for 13 years sense i started playing