Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stafford21

New Inno sticks

I believe it was around 480 after taping.

That sounds like a Mac Daddy, probably. It's a stick I still like, despite being from 2004.

I have the inno maniac pro. I picked it up for like 50 bucks at my local perani's a while ago. I think it is either a Bauer XXX (not XXXlite) or a mac daddy. I'm not positive though. Good stick for the money, I must say.

I just bought a 2 pack of the Thunderdome in the Heel curve from Hockey Monkey today-Seems like a great deal-I'm hoping the Heel Curve is something close to a retail Drury. Anyone have any experience with it yet?

Nick, I just looked and HM had a left handed thunderdome in a curve that was "similar" to the drury curve. You should also post a pic of the stick when you get it. Thanks.

If anyone, right or left handed, gets one of the, "Big Toe Curve," pattern sticks please post a picture. I'm sorely tempted to buy one, but really do not want to get some mild toe-ish curve. Thank you in advance ^_^

If anyone, right or left handed, gets one of the, "Big Toe Curve," pattern sticks please post a picture. I'm sorely tempted to buy one, but really do not want to get some mild toe-ish curve. Thank you in advance ^_^

Like i already said, its "the big toe" is the old retail Smyth.

I have a Inno Mania in a big toe, i also have other toe curves (kovy, smyth, samsonov) and its basically an exact match to the Smyth.

As for the Maniac or Thunderdomes at monkey i can't be 100% but i did talk to the guy and he said their big toe was a Smyth also.

I know there has been some confusion on the origins of the Inno Maniac and Thunderdome product sold at Monkey. Here is some insight into these products. This was originally posted on Warrior's Facebook page since the question came up during one of our "ask the Product Manager" sessions.

Hope this info helps:

The Inno Maniac, Thunderdome and ProLiteII are Warrior overruns that were built at our factory in Mexico. These overruns consist of pattern overruns(sticks made over our demand from our orders), or sticks with slight cosmetic (ding, scratches, pit marks) but consist mostly those that have flex or weight discrepancies.

Warrior has a very tight tolerance on our flex and weight testing. We flex and weigh-test every shaft as they come off the line and if, for any reason, they do not fit into our tight threshold, we put them aside as a non-cosmetic blem. These blems (always tested without graphics) are put into a pile.

We use these sticks to build some Special Make Up sticks under the INNO brand name. There's nothing particularly wrong with the sticks, except for the fact that the flex might be off by 3 or 4 points or the weight might be off by 5 or 10 grams. So a sticks that was supposed to be an 85, might be a 89 or 82. Or a stick that was supposed to have a 300g handle, might have a 310g handle.

If those off-specs don't bother you, it's a pretty good deal for a stick made in Warrior's factory.

Thanks,

Keith

They had these at my LHS The seemed worth the money some seemed heavier then others, but not too heavy. I would have bought one but they didn't have the big toe curve in a left.

My 2 pack came today. I ended up going with a kovy curve instead of the heel. These both feel great. For 70 bucks a piece you really couldn't ask for more. The only thing that raised my eyebrows was that one stick is about an inch shorter than the other. I'm just going to use an end plug, and it's a small thing for me, but if you're someone who isn't a fan of the end plug then that's something to be aware of.

Hey guys, I originally asked the question to the product manager on the Q&A and I see that someone has already posted his reply here. I just received my 2pack of Pro Lite 2 sticks. I'll post some pics and my thoughts by Sunday afternoon after I use the sticks.

Just skated w/ my Maniac Kovalchuk curve for the first time yesterday. I really loved the stick. The stick is marked a 95 flex and it felt like it was right around that. It was a pick up game, so while the durability was never seriously tested, it held up great to the little bit of wear it saw in the corners. The puck came off the stick great on snap and slap shots. If you're looking for a new stick, and you can find a curve you like, you can't go wrong with the Maniac. It performs like a stick that costs more than 70 bucks.

If anyone is still interested, here are some pics of my Kovalchuk Curve Maniac Pro Lite II's. Hope this helps give you an idea of what you're buying if you want a Kovy

http://s1030.photobucket.com/albums/y364/n...nt=CIMG1973.jpg

http://s1030.photobucket.com/albums/y364/n...nt=CIMG1974.jpg

http://s1030.photobucket.com/albums/y364/n...nt=CIMG1975.jpg

I've searched for reviews on the 1100 and it seems that overall they are a good, not great shaft with some torquing problems. However, I don't think any of them were about the dual-fit shafts. Is the dual-fit 1100 a good shaft and is it worth trying? I'm also wondering how the tapered end would feel in your top hand if you were to use the standard blade more often. Will the taper mess you up a little?