Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Hejduksport Visor

Ok, first of all thanks to the guys at the Hejduksport (HS from here on out, as I'm lazy) for sending me home from Vegas with some product to test.

Whatever style of visor you use now, HS has a similar model as well as some designs that have only available to pros in the past. There are two series, Flat (5 models) and Convex (10 models) with the convex being optically correct like Oakley and the HS22 series. The convex series is also available in a proline version that has anti-fog coating on the inside and anti-scratch coating on the outside. Oh, and they offer three shades of tint (not sure on how many models are available with tint, the website shows at least two). Confused? Just go here and take a look. It's ok, I'll wait.

I have been using Oakley straight small visors since they were selling them as 1xcel, so that is my point of comparison.

Price:

Packaging is well done and the box comes packed with stuff. If you buy the "Full Set", you get the visor, spacers, cleaning cloth and anti-fog spray, all for a suggested retail of less than $65.

First impressions:

The MH100 is slightly larger than the straight small that I have been using, but not so much that I anticipate any problems from that. The mounting slots on the side are a quarter to a third longer than on my Oakley. I currently have it mounted as far away as possible and can get two fingers between the tip of my nose and the visor. The edges of the visor are more polished and feel smooth to the touch. Think glossy as compared to the matte finish edges of the Oakley.

Pic of the full kit:

hejduk2.jpg

I mounted the visor as far forward as I possibly could and found the logo to be just at the edge of my peripheral vision, so I scratched it off. I would like to see the logo moved back slightly but there isn't much room below the slots. The visor cleaning solution cleaned up the sticky remains and it looks as good as new.

Skated a little bit tonight and it seemed a bit cooler on my cheeks than with my old visor. That isn't a bad thing, just a bit unexpected as the MH100 is bigger than the Straight small that I am used to using. Vision was fine, never noticed any glare on the ice or problems with object definition. I rarely have problems with fogging and did not have any problems tonight.

Skated with it again on Monday at a much higher pace and still no problems. I have yet to have any fogging issues and haven't really had any issues adapting to the much larger coverage area of the visor.

Skated with it a couple more times since the last report and still no problems in game action. When I pulled it out of my bag last night I found a couple nicks on the front, despite being stored with a towel over the visor and inside a fleece helmet bag. After about 20 seconds of buffing, the nicks were gone and you would have never known they were there. I was extremely relieved when I put it on and couldn't pick out the spots where the nicks had been.

So far, a positive experience across the board.

Once again, any questions or comments regarding this review should be posted in the topic in the ice hockey equipment forum.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...st&p=762323

Had some issues with moisture on the outside of the visor tonight, but I believe that had more to do with the towel that I was using than with the visor itself. Still no problems with fogging or vision. Overall, I'm very happy with the visor.

I've been slacking lately with vacation and work interfering somewhat with my ability to skate.

The fogging was cleared up by using the anti-fog spray. One application does seem to last for multiple games though. Still no problems at all with the visor, it's working quite well and I've adapted to the larger size pretty easily. Much more easily that I expected given my previous experience with larger visors. All in all, I have been very impressed with the product so far.

I also turned my old shop on to them at the show and he has sold a bunch of them already without any complaints.