Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drewhunz

The Gun Thread

New purchase. M&P 15-22 MOE version. Magpul MOE stock, grip and MBUS sights for about $50 more from the factory. I got two 10-round magazines and I'll probably order a 25-round and a short 10-round sometime soon.

Aimpoint M3 clone, vertical grip and mount for my Surefire are ordered. The package costs just over $600 in all.

IMG_0480.jpg

How's it shooting rustpot? Looks great. I'm definitely thinking about picking one up later this year. I love shooting my ar15 with a 22 conversion bolt but it just get so dang dirty inside, and I'm pretty anal about cleaning right anyway. Definitely a beauty tho, let us know how it shoots and put up some pics when everythings mounted!

It's been a blast. I think I have 250 rounds through it and zero issues. If only the local range let me have more than 6 in a magazine and shoot faster than once every 3 seconds :(

I was hitting some 1" Shoot-N-See pasters at 50 yards today. Not consistently, but well enough. I don't think it's meant for dime-size groups, but I was getting 1.5" at 25 yards and maybe 3" at 50 yards with iron sights. I need a pointed or thinner AR front post to get anything better with my untrained skills. The red dot is a blast, but the gun is handcuffed at this range. I had to take the front down a notch and the rear over 2 clicks to get back on for 50 after zeroing at 25 earlier this week.

Cleaning this sucker is an absolute breeze. The bolt and carrier pop out with the charging handle and just wipe clean (a little scrubbing on the breach face), some wipes here and there, brush down the bore, a little CLP in the trigger action and it's done. AR-15 trigger group accepts all drop in kits and modifications, and the only workings of the gun is a spring, a bolt, and a carrier that holds the bolt on 2 rails.

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

I use a gun everyday for protection. Have I actually needed to use it? Once or twice.

If you stop selling guns left and right you wont need one for protection :P

How's it shooting rustpot? Looks great. I'm definitely thinking about picking one up later this year. I love shooting my ar15 with a 22 conversion bolt but it just get so dang dirty inside, and I'm pretty anal about cleaning right anyway. Definitely a beauty tho, let us know how it shoots and put up some pics when everythings mounted!

Try using different .22 ammo. You may find some runs cleaner than others. As for cleaning, over the last couple of months I ran 900 rounds of Wolf .223 through my AR without cleaning. Cleaned it last night to prep for a Match on sunday. Wasn't bad at all. Was it dirty? Yes. Did it still run without an issue? Yes.

You may want to just get a 10/22 if yu are looking for tight groups. they are as modular as the AR platform, and likley more accurate with some work than the AR clone .22's.

Not particularly hard to find, just to want to pay for it. Everyone thinks everything they have is worth big money. I got this for basically free from a very good friend who already had one in his collection.

For lube I just use break free.

You got a $15,000+ gun for "free?"

I use a gun everyday for protection. Have I actually needed to use it? Once or twice.

Denton must be a rough town

You got a $15,000+ gun for "free?"

Denton must be a rough town

I was referring to getting the scope for free. Getting the gun free would have been nice to, but I'll still take 2 more at 15k.

Denton itself isn't bad, but alot of the area neighborhoods that I travel in within the DFW area are not pleasant.

Great news. The Chicago mayor may not be able to cite 10 gun-related shootings in one day as proof that a gun ban works anymore. :rolleyes:

And the Justice who retired was a liberal by most counts, so Obama won't be slanting the SCOTUS.

Great news. The Chicago mayor may not be able to cite 10 gun-related shootings in one day as proof that a gun ban works anymore. :rolleyes:

And the Justice who retired was a liberal by most counts, so Obama won't be slanting the SCOTUS.

You give Daley too much credit. He's already talking about new laws that will make it near impossible to own a firearm in Chicago.

Finally we can stop the collective right nonsense. Great decision.

It just loops over and over. Until the Supreme Court states something that isnt beating around the bush, nothing has been achieved. Cities will just reword or create more regulations to make it a pain in the ass for one to own a firearm within their jurisdiction and so on.

The problem with all options politicians are putting forth to continue to make it difficult to purchase weapons is that these rules will be hurting the wrong people! The bad guys shooting each other on the street corners won't go sit in extra classes, or pay exorbitant registration fees, or endure more significant background checks. They will simply continue to purchase their weapons on the black market. Its the legal gun owners who will be negatively affected by these supposedly well intentioned, but misguided efforts to curb gun ownership.

Had a fun weekend... Our local gun shop (LGS???) had a big 4th of July sale with a bunch of prize giveaways. My brother and I each picked up a sweet new Daniel Defense DDM4 at a really good price (will post some pics in the next few days). My brother won the second place prize drawing an recieved a new Diamondback .380 pistol; cool little concealed carry piece. Then my Dad gets a phone call Monday morning saying that he won the grand prize which was a new FN FS2000 Bullpup rifle! So needless to say we are excited to get out the the range soon and try the new additions.

Had a fun weekend... Our local gun shop (LGS???) had a big 4th of July sale with a bunch of prize giveaways. My brother and I each picked up a sweet new Daniel Defense DDM4 at a really good price (will post some pics in the next few days). My brother won the second place prize drawing an recieved a new Diamondback .380 pistol; cool little concealed carry piece. Then my Dad gets a phone call Monday morning saying that he won the grand prize which was a new FN FS2000 Bullpup rifle! So needless to say we are excited to get out the the range soon and try the new additions.

over at shootersupply? Thats sweet figgi!!! congrats man! I love that ddm4. my ddxv is pretty much the same minus the freefloat barrel and magpul butt and a few lil things. You wont be disappointed. I absolutely love shooting mine. Not a single problem. Daniel Defense has really stepped up. Even does well with a .22lr conversion kit.

Those were some killer deals they had. --We need to hit up the range sometime!

over at shootersupply? Thats sweet figgi!!! congrats man! I love that ddm4. my ddxv is pretty much the same minus the freefloat barrel and magpul butt and a few lil things. You wont be disappointed. I absolutely love shooting mine. Not a single problem. Daniel Defense has really stepped up. Even does well with a .22lr conversion kit.

Those were some killer deals they had. --We need to hit up the range sometime!

Thanks man, I can't wait for some cooler weather so I can get out to Knob Creek. I got mine from Shooter's Supply; it's like a second home for my dad! I'm really inpressed with Daniel Defense so far, seemed to me to be superior to most of the other brands on the market.

The problem with all options politicians are putting forth to continue to make it difficult to purchase weapons is that these rules will be hurting the wrong people! The bad guys shooting each other on the street corners won't go sit in extra classes, or pay exorbitant registration fees, or endure more significant background checks. They will simply continue to purchase their weapons on the black market. Its the legal gun owners who will be negatively affected by these supposedly well intentioned, but misguided efforts to curb gun ownership.

I'm sure a lot of shootings was performed by people with no-criminal backgrounds who wouldn't know where to get a gun on the black market. Even if it saves one life, it's a great thing..

I'm sure a lot of shootings was performed by people with no-criminal backgrounds who wouldn't know where to get a gun on the black market. Even if it saves one life, it's a great thing..

So you're saying "a lot" of shootings are commited by people without criminal histories and that have no idea how to obtain a firearm illeagly? I'm confused by your post, but CCW holders are statisticly one of the most law abiding groups of people.

So you're saying "a lot" of shootings are commited by people without criminal histories and that have no idea how to obtain a firearm illeagly? I'm confused by your post, but CCW holders are statisticly one of the most law abiding groups of people.

I'm saying that a lot of shootings are committed by people who obtained their gun legally, yes. With harder regulations and higher prices, less people will own guns in the future.

I'm saying that a lot of shootings are committed by people who obtained their gun legally, yes. With harder regulations and higher prices, less people will own guns in the future.

GTFO.

The targets of most of these laws are not the law abiding citizens that get guns legally. Chicago restricted guns specifically to limit gangs and criminals who would fail normal background checks. Most incidents with guns obtained legally are accidental shootings, suicides, etc. Suicides would still happen, you'd just get more slit wrists or hangings. Accidents happen, and less stupid people who don't know to not play with guns is a good thing.

Restricting sales of guns by over-regulation and high prices is not good. Less people owning guns is not good. I don't want to go dig up details and everything, but it's been consistently shown that guns in America is not only a Constitutionally given right to free citizens, but a benefit to polite and modern society.

We can go with cars as a comparison. Driving a car is NOT a right. Tons more people die DAILY in automobile accidents, tons of UNLICENSED and ILLEGAL drivers are on the road daily, and they'll commonly flee accidents leaving the law abiding driver with no legal recourse. It's common for people to drive through storefronts and cause hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages. Drunk drivers that are caught get a slap on the wrist and are allowed multiple offenses before they have serious sentences. One single mistake with a gun gets your RIGHT to own a firearm revoked. In fact many things without guns gets your RIGHT to own firearms revoked, like being a sex offender or committing fraud. We arm people 16 years old with cars, but you have to be 18/21 to possess a gun.

Which is the bigger issue? Disarming armed Americans, the majority of whom are peaceful and do nothing but continue to stimulate American jobs at gun companies and ammo companies, or wild disregard we have towards driving deaths, correcting and enforcing laws, and getting vehicular killers off the streets?

This is not a place for debating political ideology and nobody ever changes their mind on topics like this, no matter how reasoned and logical the other side may be. Warnings/suspensions will follow for any more political bickering in this topic.

Finally got around to snapping some pictures of the new M4. Really looking forward to getting it out to the range.

Nice- should be lots of fun. How much wider is the comb on the Magpul stock compared to a standard M-4 colapseable?

Nice- should be lots of fun. How much wider is the comb on the Magpul stock compared to a standard M-4 colapseable?

If memory serves I think the Magpul comb is about a 1/4" wider overall. I will be around a standard M4 colapseable stock tomorrow and will verify.

Thanks- I'm looking for something with better cheeck weld, but don't want to drop 2 bills on a LMT Sopmod.

Magpul XTM rail covers are great if you need something to cover all that real estate.

Thanks- I'm looking for something with better cheeck weld, but don't want to drop 2 bills on a LMT Sopmod.

Magpul XTM rail covers are great if you need something to cover all that real estate.

I just got a bunch after chipping one of my rails (plastic rails on the M&P 15-22) and I haven't decided whether or not I like them on all the rails or if I'd prefer ladder covers on 2 sides and the XTM on the others. The mix-n-match colors look pretty good though. 2 sets of tan and 2 of FDE cover 2 sides and bottom with a VFG on my midlength rails. The guy I got them from didn't want very much and included an OD set that's on the top now (tried mixing all 3, didn't look that great).

I shoot with a guy who just got a LMT carbine, and I'll agree that stock felt sweet against my face. I don't mind my MOE stock for the .22, but for a .223/5.56 I'll be going with one with a wide comb like the Magpul ACS, LMT, VLTOR (I think they have one?), etc.