Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

epstud74

Skate Soakers

What are your specs??

Well, that would ruin the surprise wouldn't it? I really wasn't ready for all of the details to come out yet, I just wanted to throw out a tease. Unfortunately, these things tend to take longer to put together than you would think, especially given our high standards and minimum requirements. I would rather wait and do it right than put out a lesser quality product.

Their idea of custom was simply putting our logo on the same product they make for others with limited, or no, color choices on various options. They make a nice product, but we wanted something a bit more unique than they were willing to offer. I will follow up with a few other manufacturers this week.

I would be interested because my dog has a very strong attraction to my skate guards for some reason. He pulls them off and chews on them any chance he can get. They are barely even usable at this point. I would really like a black skate guard with a yellow stripe running along the bottom (with the blade). It would fit perfectly with the MSH color scheme too :)

i have a pair of eagle soakers and they have been amazing. im needing a new pair though and am thinking of picking up a pair of the elite prolace soakers.

Tuffterrys working well for me.

How bout a MSH store on here eventually of different logo'd items can buy using Paypal or visa/mc. Be cool if that would be feasible to operate.

I would like to have a soaker w/the kevlar or ballistic nylon reinforced bottoms. Maybe ballistic nylon all throughout with a terry lining

I've been using the Elite soakers for the past few months and have not noticed any wear and tear on them. I ended up spending the extra cash on it, since the cheaper $10 soakers kept ripping off quickly and I had to sew them up like no other.

So far, the Elite's are amazing and love the rubber padding under it as well

Does anyone know where I could find some Maximum Edge or Skate-Mate soakers in Canada. I'm in Saskatchewab but travel to Calgary regularly.

I still haven't used the Elites I picked up at one (SJ - Boston?) of the MSH skates yet. I put soakers on after skating, and take them off when I get home and set my equipment out for drying. When the skates are dry, I put the plastic skate guards on. I never walk on the soakers, and they last me a while.

Regardless, I'd be happy to have a pair of quality MSH soakers.

I don't see how you could ever wear out any pair of soakers unless you are walking on them, which they aren't made for (the hard plastic skate guards are made for walking). I've had the same pair of soakers for ~20 years, and they were wicked cheap.

Soakers don't even do much with regard to preventing rust, at least not in the sense that you can just slip them on after skating and be done with it. You can use them to wipe off as much moisture as you can, the same as you'd use a towel, but as soon as you get your skates home you should take them off so everything can air-dry quicker. I like them mainly for preventing nicks in the blade edges while the skates may be jostling around in my truck while driving to and from the rink.

I've walked a lot on the ones I posted above. I've used them on asphalt when playing on outdoor rinks. I also keep them on as I walk around the dressing room. However their main purpose is to protect my bag from the skate blades, and to protect the blades from anything else in the bag.

I've walked a lot on the ones I posted above. I've used them on asphalt when playing on outdoor rinks. I also keep them on as I walk around the dressing room. However their main purpose is to protect my bag from the skate blades, and to protect the blades from anything else in the bag.

Yours don't look like "soakers" though, which are made from an absorbent cloth such as terry cloth. They look like they are made of woven synthetic fibers such as nylon or polyester, similar to the ballistic nylon mesh that they used to partially make skate uppers out of, which wouldn't be absorbent (correct me if I'm wrong).

Are those made out of an old fire hose?

Not quite. While they were branded CCM at the time, they're the same as this and this. While not as absorbent as the terry cloth ones, they do have a certain amount of absorbency as opposed to the hard plastic skate guards.

I don't see how you could ever wear out any pair of soakers unless you are walking on them, which they aren't made for (the hard plastic skate guards are made for walking). I've had the same pair of soakers for ~20 years, and they were wicked cheap.

Soakers don't even do much with regard to preventing rust, at least not in the sense that you can just slip them on after skating and be done with it. You can use them to wipe off as much moisture as you can, the same as you'd use a towel, but as soon as you get your skates home you should take them off so everything can air-dry quicker. I like them mainly for preventing nicks in the blade edges while the skates may be jostling around in my truck while driving to and from the rink.

Generally it's the slamming the heel down that 95% of hockey players do...and if you put your pants on after your skates, your soaker/skate guard is still on.

Generally it's the slamming the heel down that 95% of hockey players do...and if you put your pants on after your skates, your soaker/skate guard is still on.

I always slam my heels down to seat my heel into the heel pocket of the skate, but I always remove the soakers first.