Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

epstud74

Skate Soakers

A skate guard will protect the bag even better, but a soaker can help to manage moisture with a wet cold blade, while it's on the way home. I'd prefer not to have moisture condensing on a cold blade that's covered with a guard, which will hold that water against the blade.

There's a reason that you see brown discoloration inside some skate guards.

Actually, a large part of the problem is getting enough members to buy them. Ask JR and/or Chadd how many hats they are sitting on after so many people said "heck yes I'd buy a hat."

I'm sure if the want for the soakers is there, MSH will come to me or to whomever they want to buy the product from, however, I think they need to pre-sell the product, not take in stock, and make it a one time gig.

Just so everyone knows, when MSH sells these types of products, anything out of the "MSH Store", or the Sell Exchange, it goes towards paying the hosting fees for this place. If you like the place, support it in some fashion.

This happens tons in these type of small order custom stuff. i would 100% be in except i just bought a new set.

I was actually just being sarcastic regarding those, as further back (2010) in this thread it was being discussed.

I actually looked at the hats, but I have a small dome, and some hats look stupid on me, especially OSFA...too tall/ bulky.

Kinda surprised that a group buy, with $ up front for these hasn't been discussed.

I'd buy a pair of soakers unless the cost was ridiculous...the Elites normally sell for $13, what would a set of those cost?

Thanks

Actually, a large part of the problem is getting enough members to buy them. Ask JR and/or Chadd how many hats they are sitting on after so many people said "heck yes I'd buy a hat."

I'm sure if the want for the soakers is there, MSH will come to me or to whomever they want to buy the product from, however, I think they need to pre-sell the product, not take in stock, and make it a one time gig.

Just so everyone knows, when MSH sells these types of products, anything out of the "MSH Store", or the Sell Exchange, it goes towards paying the hosting fees for this place. If you like the place, support it in some fashion.

They would be at least $30. They are not a cheap item; very high quality.

But he's right. I think I have over 75 hats because the only way I could get a favorable price was buying in bulk.

But he's right. I think I have over 75 hats because the only way I could get a favorable price was buying in bulk.

I'm in if there is an order going I would love a pair of these

Maybe if the hats start to sell out the Mods will consider something like an MSH skate soaker? When they do something they do it right. I'm currently set for life with my MSH hockey equipment bags!

I'd be in for MSH soakers if they were offered. I'd have bought a hat already if I wore hats :P

I did buy a shirt though. Happy to support this site, it's been invaluable in my return to hockey!!

SillyMe, I've got a tiny head (I wear a small adult helmet) and the MSH hat fits me fine.

How HIGH up does it go?

I don't like BB caps that go way up high, or are really stiff.

Thanks

How many of us would have to pre-order a pair to get them made?

Maybe if the hats start to sell out the Mods will consider something like an MSH skate soaker? When they do something they do it right. I'm currently set for life with my MSH hockey equipment bags!

Thanks, we rarely make much on any of the sales. We are always a lot more concerned with product quality than profit margin, sometimes to the detriment of our bank account.

I've had elite soakers for a few years and like them.

Prior to those, I tore through traditional soakers pretty quickly. I don't know if I somehow put too much strain on them when putting them on and taking them off, but the toe/heel used to always rip out. It always seemed like they were stretched to their limit, but my skates aren't that big, size 9.0 or 9.5, with stock steel.

I've had elite soakers for a few years and like them.

Prior to those, I tore through traditional soakers pretty quickly. I don't know if I somehow put too much strain on them when putting them on and taking them off, but the toe/heel used to always rip out. It always seemed like they were stretched to their limit, but my skates aren't that big, size 9.0 or 9.5, with stock steel.

I have the same experience with the elite soakers. Yeah they're pricey but have had them for years and they look like new still. Also no rust on the blade like I previously had with other soakers despite drying my blades each time