Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spylo18

hockey shops in San Francisco

Im from germany and on holidays i'll spend my time to las vegas, manhattan and san francisco. I'm looking for some good shops there. does anybody know a good shop in san francisco?? thanks 4 answers

Hockey X Sport probably has the best retail selection in the bay area. East West Hockey in San Carlos used to have a ton of pro return equipment, but I haven't seen much posted on their website and I haven't been there in awhile. Power Play hockey near the Shark Tank in San Jose has pro return stuff too, but they are usually a bit more expensive. Unfortunately going to all three shops in one day might take awhile to drive around since they are located in different part of the bay!

East West isn't gonna renew their lease in the San Carlos location so they're just clearing out stock at the moment. Not worth the visit until they move in to their new digs unless you want a FBV sharpening.

East West isn't gonna renew their lease in the San Carlos location so they're just clearing out stock at the moment. Not worth the visit until they move in to their new digs unless you want a FBV sharpening.

Any idea where they're moving to?

Hockey X Sport probably has the best retail selection in the bay area. East West Hockey in San Carlos used to have a ton of pro return equipment, but I haven't seen much posted on their website and I haven't been there in awhile. Power Play hockey near the Shark Tank in San Jose has pro return stuff too, but they are usually a bit more expensive. Unfortunately going to all three shops in one day might take awhile to drive around since they are located in different part of the bay!

Spot on.

I heard from Jason somewhere bigger, and better. He seemed excited... Im kinda excited too haha

They're not on the second floor of Ice Oasis in Redwood City though it's a pretty small shop still. The shooting range has been moved to the San Jose location.

Hockey Xport in Oakland has just recently expanded their store.

They're not on the second floor of Ice Oasis in Redwood City though it's a pretty small shop still. The shooting range has been moved to the San Jose location.

Hockey Xport in Oakland has just recently expanded their store.

eastwest has a shooting range?

EWH opened up a second location across from Sharks Ice primarily for sharpening, profiling and repairs. They do a great job and I'd highly recommend them to anyone that needs work on their skates.

Gonna need to revive this thread for a bit. I'm going to San Fran for a choir trip(perhaps odd, I know), so are there any good stores, actaually in the San Francisco area? I dunno if I'll be able to go to Oakland or San Carlos.. My trip details are really bleak, all I know is that I go to Alcatraz..which is rather useless. But I'm pretty sure I just get 1 day/a few hours to shop so I need to make it count. And I'll likely blow it on whatever looks good to me..please help?

Bit late for the party, I know, but since no one mentioned it I thought I'd throw it in. There's also the Rollin'Ice Pro shop (inline oriented of course) down in San Jose. Prices are mid-way between HockeyXSport (lower) and PowerPlay (higher).

A player shouldn't have any trouble finding what they need there, more limited goalie selection but I guess they cover the basics. The staff is really nice and they convert ice skates to roller too.

HockeyXSport is by far the largest in the Bay Area as stated above. It's also got the only full-scale goalie gear outfit around here. Nice selection, and there's always a goalie around that knows his stuff. Just went in yesterday for the first time after the expansion and the place looks great (gear whore heaven).

Even though they don't have an online store their prices are really competitive, and they are great about special ordering whatever they don't have in stock (ie they will order two pairs of the same model skate just so you can try both sizes on). Lastly, I was surprised to find out custom skates only run about $100 more than retail. Merry christmas... to me! :)

Anyone know what happened to East West Hockey? There website now say its All star hockey

taken over by the Ice Oasis folks. I think what was known as East West Hockey has been rebranded as San Jose Sharpening and Profiling. They mainly do sharpenings, equipment repair, and some equip. sales like tape, laces, tongues, steel,superfeet...

http://www.sanjosesharpening.blogspot.com/

Anyone know what happened to East West Hockey? There website now say its All star hockey

The EWH location at the rink in Redwood City was sold to a former EWH employee, Chris K. EWH South, across the street from SISJ is now San Jose Sharpening and Profiling, still owned by the former owners of EWH.