Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tony1233

Canadian Online Hockey Shops

Just looking for some CANADIAN Online Hockey Shops to save on the shipping and so that I can actually order bauer gear and be confident that it will make it across the border

So far I've found most Canadian online sites comparable to the retail stores in price. I would think they'd be a fair bit cheaper, unless I'm just looking at the wrong sites. ; ) I like the american sites, except for border charges.

So far I've found most Canadian online sites comparable to the retail stores in price. I would think they'd be a fair bit cheaper, unless I'm just looking at the wrong sites. ; ) I like the american sites, except for border charges.

Its bc Canada , at least in Hockey Equipment sense, is way behind on the online scene. I have talked to Warrior, Easton, Bauer rep in Calgary and its bc all the retailers up there are so afraid of Us sites like Hockey Monkey. They think online stores will come in and just slash the crap out of prices and then they wont make any money. Its weird, if your a retailer in Alberta , you cant ship your product to any other province other than Alberta.... Its really strange but you would think Canada can only resist the Online craze for so long.

How so?

Giant and Perani's already are in Canada. The US online stores can't come in and "slash the crap out of prices" because the Canadian online rules are different than in the US.

How so?

Giant and Perani's already are in Canada. The US online stores can't come in and "slash the crap out of prices" because the Canadian online rules are different than in the US.

I am not sure what your asking when you say How so ? I am pretty much telling you what came straight from the Warrior reps mouth. There is another online retailer that handles stuff both in the US and Canada. You are directed there via your iSP. If your in Canada you go to the Canada site, and same with US.

And I'm pretty much telling you that it's wrong.

And when you go to that online retailer, Canadian and US prices are different. There is a reason for that.

There is a reason why you don't see top-end equipment on Canadian online sites. There is a reason why it is the same price as in-store. The rules are different up there, and it is imposed by the manufacturers, not a "fear" of US-based stores taking over.

And I'm pretty much telling you that it's wrong.

And when you go to that online retailer, Canadian and US prices are different. There is a reason for that.

There is a reason why you don't see top-end equipment on Canadian online sites. There is a reason why it is the same price as in-store. The rules are different up there, and it is imposed by the manufacturers, not a "fear" of US-based stores taking over.

Ok we were saying the same thing... or at least I was meaning to say the same thing. I was trying to say Manufacturers impose stuff so they cant slash prices like in the US.

I will say the Easton rep says Easton will not allow you to ship from province to province. If you sell Easton online you can only sell and ship to people in Alberta.

Its bc Canada , at least in Hockey Equipment sense, is way behind on the online scene. I have talked to Warrior, Easton, Bauer rep in Calgary and its bc all the retailers up there are so afraid of Us sites like Hockey Monkey. They think online stores will come in and just slash the crap out of prices and then they wont make any money. Its weird, if your a retailer in Alberta , you cant ship your product to any other province other than Alberta.... Its really strange but you would think Canada can only resist the Online craze for so long.

can i ask why are they afraid of slashing the crap out of prices? and if i wanted to get top end gear in canada where would i have to go? also why are prices of equipment so much more expensive in canada? its not like there is a lack of demand

can i ask why are they afraid of slashing the crap out of prices? and if i wanted to get top end gear in canada where would i have to go? also why are prices of equipment so much more expensive in canada? its not like there is a lack of demand

High demand generally results in high prices.... Why would any retailer not be afraid of "slashing the crap" out of prices?

shopping up here in Canada really is a rip off, can get most things I want way cheaper from us sites, although lately it's getting harder to get things like skates and sticks, the manufacturers crying and wining I guess