Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovyperron5727

NHL players you've met

Or his youtube parody presence. lol

Lol as soon as I read Heatley in the above post I was thinking "Yeah, he's a f***ing all star."

My family is from Russia so I can speak some Russian. Back when Marozov was on the Pens and I was like 12 or something, I asked him for an autograph in Russian and he smiled and rambled some crazy Russian at me that I couldn't understand. I nodded and said thanks

I got to meet Sergei Samsonov and Dmitri Khristich in the summer of 1999 at the rinks in Exeter NH when they were still playing for the Bruins. My brother in law played on a team with them during the summer of that year. Both were great guys, very down to earth. Sergei and Dmitri hung out with us after the games and talked.

I was bummed when they got traded. Dmitri left that next season, and Sergei left a few years later.

Met Peter Forsberg and Adam Foote while they were doing this weird hockey game with Avril Lavigne and BMG music. They rented the ice and I just happened to be at the rink getting some stuff out of a locker. I stuck around and watched. Foote and Forsberg couldn't have been any nicer to me, really it was the BMG people that shewed me away from them, but great guys.

I totally agree.

I was in an elevator with Joe Thornton and Glen Murray (just the the three of us), but I did not say a word since they were in a middle of a conversation when I got on.

I saw Milan Lucic and Andrew Ference at my gym; Ference started talking to me.

I love this idea that if you see an NHL player shopping or walking through the airport that you deserve their undivided attention, and that they should probably be greatful for the oppurtunity to talk with a fan.

How would you react if someone saw you in a public place on your day off and tried to talk to you about work? No matter how much you love what you do, you don't want to be immersed in it 24/7. I'm not defending anyone being excessively rude, but these guys don't give up their rights to privacy just because they're on tv.

I totally agree.

I was in an elevator with Joe Thornton and Glen Murray (just the the three of us), but I did not say a word since they were in a middle of a conversation when I got on.

I saw Milan Lucic and Andrew Ference at my gym; Ference started talking to me.

I love this idea that if you see an NHL player shopping or walking through the airport that you deserve their undivided attention, and that they should probably be greatful for the oppurtunity to talk with a fan.

How would you react if someone saw you in a public place on your day off and tried to talk to you about work? No matter how much you love what you do, you don't want to be immersed in it 24/7. I'm not defending anyone being excessively rude, but these guys don't give up their rights to privacy just because they're on tv.

Anyone ever meet Mario Lemiuex? I had a friend who lived in Canada (Toronto if I remember correctly) for a while. He flew back to visit and stayed in some nice hotel with a buddy. He said they were walking back to the room when they saw Mario walking by. He asked Mario for an autograph but he ignored them and kept walking. He said from that day forward he was a Gretzky fan. hahaha.

Anyone ever meet Mario Lemiuex? I had a friend who lived in Canada (Toronto if I remember correctly) for a while. He flew back to visit and stayed in some nice hotel with a buddy. He said they were walking back to the room when they saw Mario walking by. He asked Mario for an autograph but he ignored them and kept walking. He said from that day forward he was a Gretzky fan. hahaha.

I can attest to that. Pretended like he didn't even hear a thing, even though a 10 ish y/o kid was standing right in front of him.

Hes probably one of many who are friendly when cameras are rolling or does something for charity that gets talked about, but other than that they want nothing to do with fans.

I can agree to a certain extent. I can see guys ignoring bigger groups of people due to time issues, but at least acknowledge them. Try to show you appreciate fan support. I dont like when guys blow off younger fans though. Theres a huge difference between "work" and being a professional hockey player. Sometimes these guys forget that these kids who wear their jerseys and go to games are the reason they have the lifestyle they do.

Its a double edged sword, no doubt. If a guy is out with his family or eating a meal, respect their privacy. But if a guy is at the mall, browsing around, he should have 10 seconds for a picture or write his name a few times.

As I have mentioned I have met/got to know Al Pedersen who use to be a d-man for the Bruins back in the 90's. Great guys who is down to earth and it would be hard to meet a nicer person.

Other NHLers:

Years ago after coming back from an Avs game and finishing Dinner in downtown Denver, I decided to go a LHS in the area.

When I got into the parking lot I saw they were closed and some "dolt" and his kids were walking right behind my car as I was backing out. I was about ready to tell them off but when I looked it was Patrick Roy and his kids heading into the LHS for equipments for the little ones I would guess.

I didnt say a word for obvious reasons :)

Other NHLers:

Stephen Yelle - quite

David Hale - played pickup with him quite a bit after he was drafted. Nice enough but kind of cocky.

Lappy - Absolute dude!!!!

Jim Craig - Very down to earth and has his shit together.

I've met several NHL players when I was a intern for the Hawks.

But hands down the best guy out there was Keith Magnuson. I introduced myself one day before the gates opened at the UC. For the rest of my time with the Hawks every time I saw him he would stop and chat. If he didn't have time to he would walk by and give me a elbow or a hip check and say "Head up, kid" or he'd come by and pretend to hit me in the face and say "chin down"

Such a great guy.

Steve Yzerman

Paul Coffey

Dino Ciccarelli

Chris Chelios

Kris Draper

Sergei Fedorov

Bob Probert

Tim Taylor

Chris Osgood

Aaron Ward

Jiri Fischer

Most of them were at meet and greets, but i met Wardo at his old home here in Michigan & Fischer at his home in Mi also. I met Sergei when my younger cousin played with his brother Fedor on a team here in Mi back in the day.

I met Mario in January '01 right when he started playing again. Wasn't overly friendly but he posed for a photo with me and my brother, he wasn't signing autographs which was fine by me.

I also met Jagr (for the second time in my life) the same day, he hid out until it was time to head to the bus to go to the game, I was the only person he posed for a photo with and he just kind of leaned in til the flash went off, was still nice enough of him to even stop though.

Now, when I met Jagr in Dec. '95, he was much friendlier and actually waved me in to the room where the team was eating lunch (I was 11 but looked younger and had a "Jagr jr." Mullet) and said "You got something for me to sign?" in a very tongue-in-cheek manner. He posed for photos with me and then with my brother afterwards. He was incredibly nice then and that is still one of my favorite hockey related memories ever.

Did key bumps with Fluery, kidding went to his hockey school in Russell, MB. Seemed like a nice guy then, not as cocky as he made himself seem in his book.

Theo Fleury back when he played with Belfast. After the pre-game warm up, he sat outside a changing room, signing autographs, posing for photos and speaking with just about everyone about anything. Incredibly classy guy.

PK Subban when he was here playing in a pre-season tournament. Managed to catch him after the first game and again after the finals. He seemed quiet (obviously didn't expect anyone here to know him - plus all my buddies and I were sat behind the Bulldogs bench cheering him all the WHOLE time) but he happily posed for us and signed stuff. Asked him to sign a picture from World Juniors with "SUBBY DOO!!" at the bottom and he had a good laugh about it.

Sean McMorrow. I know he's not a regular NHLer but here's the story. In the same pre-season tournament with the Bulldogs and Marlies, an announcer called him Sean McMoron. He was pissed off and went to argue with the guy. Lots of yelling and all that but as soon as he saw kids watching the argument, he backed off and walked away. My buddies and I decided to go see if we can take a picture with him but he went in the team bus, discussing with the head coach about what happened. We didn't bother going up and saying "hey, can we get a picture?" but just waited. He noticed us, ran over to us and apologized about what happened. We got pictures taken and just had a long chat with him about stuff other than hockey. I don't know about you but this guy is a great example of what a good role model should be.

Scott Parse- Absolute tool, not much more to be said.

Jed Ortmeyer- Good Guy, fun to be around

Jeff Hoggan- Good guy, watched him beat the piss out of a cocky ECHLer in a summer league a few years back.

My dad met Johnny Unitas and Gordie Howe at the Edmonton airport in the mid 80's (in the middle of the night). He was on his way home from working on a boat in Tuktuyuktuk NWT and they were coming (or going...can't remember) from a charity event in town. He went up and said hi to "Mr. Howe"...Gordie stuck out his hand and said, rather slowly..."Call me Gordie" apparently, there had been some drinking going on.

I saw a picture of it...but it was YEARS ago.

Played against Bob Probert in a charity tournament a few weeks ago. Seemed like a nice enough guy, but certainly still very intimidating.

Got to play with and against Zach Bogosian growing up, he stills drops by open hockey in the summers. Great guy.

One of my friends from school is Eric Cole's nephew, so I've met him a couple times, real gentleman.

Got to play with and against Zach Bogosian growing up, he stills drops by open hockey in the summers. Great guy.

One of my friends from school is Eric Cole's nephew, so I've met him a couple times, real gentleman.

yeah I went to a camp in Massena NY, and Zach was one of the instructors. This was actually like 2 weeks after he was drafted in the summer of '08

yeah I went to a camp in Massena NY, and Zach was one of the instructors. This was actually like 2 weeks after he was drafted in the summer of '08

I met a few of the St. Louis Blues player last september in Sweden.

Paul Kariya was probably the nicest one. Loads of people asking him to sign and pose for pictures, but he attended everyone of them!

David Backes was there too, offered to sign some kids.

Brad Boyes was nice too, but seemed sort of shy (perhaps I scared him?) :)

Even the then-coach, Andy Murray, he was definitely a peoples person.

Also ran into Barret Jackman on the streets on Stockhilm, a very confident guy, the cocky type, but nevertheless very nice.

Keith Tchachuk was my only disappointment, though, he was rude, impolite to kids asking for his autograph, just being a douche really. But, what are you going to do? He was wearing Crocs though, thats the only thing I found nice of him, he wasnt shy to wear such monstrosities on the street