Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Over in Surrey, The Hockey Shop and Cyclone Taylors. I haven't been up in Vancouver for a while, so I'm not as familiar with it as I used to be. shotty will probably be able to give you more shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those two plus sports exchange on burrard & 6th has hundreds of pro stock sticks, obscure pro jerseys, gear and what not amonst close out retail equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, yotes. very excited my first canadian game. im a huge devils fan so besides going to almost every home game in newark and new brunswick before that, ive only been to msg, wachovia, and nassau. although ill be wearing my devils hat (big game against the bruins that i almost want them to lose to hurt the rangers chances) with a canucks jersey. had the pleasure of going up to the equipment sale last year.

thanks again for all the suggestions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
those two plus sports exchange on burrard & 6th has hundreds of pro stock sticks, obscure pro jerseys, gear and what not amonst close out retail equipment.

Do you know how much the sticks are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you guys seem to know the shops better than I do. I just know Cyclone, Larry's, Time out, and the hockey shop. Do you guys know ANY stores that do extensions?? Like not with the stick, but I wanna add 3 cm or so of felt onto my tongue. I've already checked Source for Sports and Larry's. Maybe in the greater vancouver area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but figured would be best to do so here vs. start a new one.

I'm going to pick up some new skates in the April/May timeframe, and am (likely) going to head up to Vancouver from Seattle to do it. I haven't been fitted into skates in about 12-13 years, so what I'd like to do is go to one of the shops that does a better job of helping me get fitted for the right boot vs. just wanting to get me out the door in a boot. I've shopped at Cyclone Taylor and the Hockey Shop in Surrey a few times for pretty much everything other than skates, but now I'm due I wanted to get any thoughts on who (or another shop?) might be the best option for me.

Thanks all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this thread because I’ve seen Cyclone Taylor has been bought out/closed. Any recommendations for skates in the area? I haven’t purchased skates in 5 years and I’ll be looking for a proper fitting. I’ll be heading up there in two weeks from Seattle. I’ve heard Pro Hockey Life is not recommended for skate fitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cammerz12 said:

Bumping this thread because I’ve seen Cyclone Taylor has been bought out/closed. Any recommendations for skates in the area? I haven’t purchased skates in 5 years and I’ll be looking for a proper fitting. I’ll be heading up there in two weeks from Seattle. I’ve heard Pro Hockey Life is not recommended for skate fitting. 

Where did you hear that Cyclone Taylor's is closed? I just checked their website and there's no indication of closure, and this past summer, they made a big advertising push, with give-aways and stuff. I was in one of their locations last week.

If you want to hit up one of the Vancouver shops for fitting, I'd recommend Cyclone Taylors and the Hockey Shop. Unfortunately, the hockey shop is going to be closed from the 13-18 while they relocate back to their original location. Another place is Ice Level Sports. I don't have any actual experience with skate fitting with them, but I've heard lots of  good things. I've gone to them for sharpeninngs and eyelet repairs. They were solid on those fronts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, puckpilot said:

Where did you hear that Cyclone Taylor's is closed? I just checked their website and there's no indication of closure, and this past summer, they made a big advertising push, with give-aways and stuff. I was in one of their locations last week.

If you want to hit up one of the Vancouver shops for fitting, I'd recommend Cyclone Taylors and the Hockey Shop. Unfortunately, the hockey shop is going to be closed from the 13-18 while they relocate back to their original location. Another place is Ice Level Sports. I don't have any actual experience with skate fitting with them, but I've heard lots of  good things. I've gone to them for sharpeninngs and eyelet repairs. They were solid on those fronts. 

Bad research on google maps, I should’ve verified that before posting. I’ll be there before the 13 but I’ll check them out and I’ll give the Hockey Shop a call before I go. I’ll be there for the weekend 9-11 and I’m hoping to try and get a radius profile done as well but I understand that’s a lot to ask. Thank you for the help! I apologize for that error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cammerz12 said:

Bad research on google maps, I should’ve verified that before posting. I’ll be there before the 13 but I’ll check them out and I’ll give the Hockey Shop a call before I go. I’ll be there for the weekend 9-11 and I’m hoping to try and get a radius profile done as well but I understand that’s a lot to ask. Thank you for the help! I apologize for that error.

Hahha, no worries. You just gave me a bit of a scare. The market can be tough, and Cyclone has been around forever. It'd be sad to see them fall by the wayside.

Any way, if you find the right fit, you should be able to get your skates profiled and ready to go all in the same day. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×