Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furlanitalia

Winter Classic 5

Somehow I don't see Pittsburgh playing in it's second Winter Classic already, although [insert Crosby-Bettman joke here].

Somehow I think any Winter Classic anywhere short of Phoenix would draw a huge crowd.

I really wish the NHL would work to market some of the other players in the league.

Even marketing the two best known they can't do it. They aren't getting the fact that looking like complete idiots when it comes to discipline and rules hurts them more than the benefit of marketing stars. You need marketable guys and it helps if their team is competitive (which rules out Iginla).

I think you will see New York and Minnesota host a game before you see one in Pittsburgh. I still think you will see the Rangers and Caps next year.

I agree, I think a lot of teams want to be a part of the classic and giving it to the pens twice before every other team has gone once probably won't sit well with the owners.

I agree, I think a lot of teams want to be a part of the classic and giving it to the pens twice before every other team has gone once probably won't sit well with the owners.

I think you will see the Pens and Caps as frequent participants. Without star power, the event ends up not being all that it could be from a ratings standpoint.

That's probably what it will be, but I would kill to see a Wash/LA game at RFK stadium.

yeah, my money is on rangers vs. caps at (new) Yankee stadium.

I'd go.

1st Eastern Conf Pittsburgh vs Buffalo

2nd Western conf Chi vs Detroit

3rd Eastern Boston vs Philly

4th ???? my guess Western conf- possibly in Col w/Avs???

Love the idea of another Pittsburgh matchup in the burg @ PNC park - should do the same as Boston have the rink set up for the locals to skate on it after - they had college games, high school game, and probably adult league pick ups well into January

Love the idea of another Pittsburgh matchup in the burg @ PNC park - should do the same as Boston have the rink set up for the locals to skate on it after - they had college games, high school game, and probably adult league pick ups well into January

If it was at PNC there would have to be some Pirates involvement. If there was even the tiniest bit of Pirates involvement it would be a disaster :)

4th = KHL vs NHL

That make for one hell of a game. Probably be better if it was a series though.

I wonder if they will stick with the East/West flop. That said who in the west do you really want to see go outside, let alone who can host it? Other than Edmonton (who I don't exactly want to see) SJ might have the most star power but they'd have to go somewhere to play it.

I wonder if they will stick with the East/West flop. That said who in the west do you really want to see go outside, let alone who can host it? Other than Edmonton (who I don't exactly want to see) SJ might have the most star power but they'd have to go somewhere to play it.

Colorado.

I think you will see New York and Minnesota host a game before you see one in Pittsburgh. I still think you will see the Rangers and Caps next year.

I was thinking that OR Toronto/Caps. One thing ive noticed is that Leafs fans travel extremely well, so they would flock to wherever the game is held.

I was thinking that OR Toronto/Caps. One thing ive noticed is that Leafs fans travel extremely well, so they would flock to wherever the game is held.

Canadian teams will have their own outdoor games, the Winter Classic on January 1 is for the US market

Yes, Colorado can host but as they are currently sitting 8th you'd have to hope some of their key players don't have a sophomore slump next year so the game would be interesting.

Canadian teams will have their own outdoor games, the Winter Classic on January 1 is for the US market

I'd be willing to bet that the viewing numbers aren't too different north and south of the border, but I can see how that would be lost in an all Canadian game.

Yes! And if the KHL wins, they get to move the Coyotes to Petropavlovsk!

Stupid me! Im shocked AO hasnt been in a winter classic yet, and matching him up against an original 6 team should help to create some buzz for the game.

I'd be willing to bet that the viewing numbers aren't too different north and south of the border, but I can see how that would be lost in an all Canadian game.

The January 1 game was a creation of NBC, to fill a hole in their programming schedule. Their only concern is US ratings. Canadian teams are going to get their own game for Hockey Day in Canada, isn't that enough?

Stupid me! Im shocked AO hasnt been in a winter classic yet, and matching him up against an original 6 team should help to create some buzz for the game.

Having him play a bad team wouldn't help anyone.