Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chockey

Open Hockey - Westchester-NYC Area $ 16

I'm running an open hockey session at the Ice Hutch located in Mount Vernon New York. It’s only $ 16 for 1.5 to 2 hours and, except for me, no jerks play. I’m joking about the jerk part.

Below I have included the body of the informational email I sent to my list of hockey contacts about the session. If you are interested in playing, simply reply to this post and I can set you up on the evite list for this coming session (April 15th) and future ones.

Hello All:

Hope that everyone is having a great spring.

I am pleased to announce open ice hockey continues this spring and summer at the amazing price of $ 16.00 for 1.5 to 2 hours.

The First date is Thursday April 15th 9:10 PM start time. Please note that moving forward from the first session we will be playing weekly on on Tuesdays with a start time of 9:40 or 10:15 PM depending on the rink’s schedule.

We will be playing at the Ice Hutch in Mount Vernon. It’s not off a Subway line, but very accessible to the city by car. You can also get there by train (15 - 25 minute trip and take a quick cab ride to the rink).

Information for getting to the rink by car or train can be found below.

Open Hockey will be run exactly how it is at Riverbank. Specifically:

1) Attendance will be conducted through the Evite System.

a. You must register for a spot through the Evite system, if not you can not play.

b. Spots will be limited to 25 people.

c. If you would like someone to attend and they are not part of the riverbank google group have them join so they can be added to the evite list (http://groups.google.com/group/riverbank-open-ice-hockey)

2) Short shifts.

3) Evenly matched teams.

4) Have Fun!

Directions to the Ice Hutch:

The address for the Ice Hutch is:

655 Garden Avenue

Mt Vernon NY 10550

By Car:

Go Google maps or Mapquest.

Type in the Ice Hutch address above.

Click get directions.

Enter your address as the start point and the Ice Hutch address as the end point.

Hit Enter – Presto – Directions will appear.

If you can’t figure out how to do this you are either too old or too dumb to play. Sorry.

By Train via Metro North (check schedules on Metro North Website):

Grand Central to Mount Vernon East

or

Harlem 125 Street to Mount Vernon East

Price: Round Trip Off-Peak Ticket

Ticket purchased at the station - $13.00

Ticket purchased on the web - $12.36

Rink is about 5 minutes from the station via Cab:

Mount Vernon Station Taxi Services

Plaza Taxi: (914) 664-3333. Cabs meet most trains.

Break to the Border Taxi: (914) 664-4444