Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goaliemanshark

The video game thread

Anyone heard about the new COD Black OPS? Is it just a spoof commercial or a real game?

Real game being made by Treyarch.

Unfortunately, Halo has gone down hill for me ever since Halo 2 was released. I miss the simple maps, simple mechanics, every player starting evenly. Maps control, spawn-timing, grenade-ing weapons, button combos (back pack reload, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE!?). There were so many things that made that game super competitive. Now all the shooters I play are who-sees-who-first. You die so fast, and there is so much shit going on throughout the maps it's impossible to have someone get the jump on your and you out-skill them for a kill.

QFT

Unfortunately, Halo has gone down hill for me ever since Halo 2 was released. I miss the simple maps, simple mechanics, every player starting evenly. Maps control, spawn-timing, grenade-ing weapons, button combos (back pack reload, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE!?). There were so many things that made that game super competitive. Now all the shooters I play are who-sees-who-first. You die so fast, and there is so much shit going on throughout the maps it's impossible to have someone get the jump on your and you out-skill them for a kill.

I'm glad they brought back the pistol, but with bloom? PLEASE.

/rant I miss CE. That's all.

I never got back into the Halo franchise beyond Halo 1. We used to play team CTF in two adjoining dorm rooms for f*cking hours my freshman and sophomore years of college. We had 4v4 CTF games that would last 3-4 hours sometimes because we all got so good and got to know each other's tendencies. You really had to pull off some spectacular shit to score a flag.

Yea, maybe the pistol was too strong, but I still say that was one of the most balanced games I've ever played. The subsequent Halo games were just too gimicky and cheap IMO.

Is anyone as addicted to Assassins Creed 2 as I am? I've finished it a couple of times, but there are still plenty of things to do (the assassin missions, races, deliveries). I also just added some microsoft points to my account so am going to download the additional levels tonight

Is anyone as addicted to Assassins Creed 2 as I am? I've finished it a couple of times, but there are still plenty of things to do (the assassin missions, races, deliveries). I also just added some microsoft points to my account so am going to download the additional levels tonight

The added levels SUCK. They're really cheap, but they add very little to the game. No achievements, no new items, just a couple assassinations.

I did everything on the main game though. 100% complete and the first game I've played where I actually earned all 1000 gamer points. That was a very intense weekend late last year of ONLY playing that game.

I love AC2. I'm only missing ONE GODDAMNED FEATHER!! I can't find that MF'er, and I even bought the cheat book to help!! :(

I swear sometimes I'm a borderline retard.

Is anyone else as excited for Red Dead Redemption as I am? I don't think I'm going to get much done next week.

Oh ya buddy. I don't remember the last time I was excited for a video game either... maybe when gears 2 came out.

I love AC2. I'm only missing ONE GODDAMNED FEATHER!! I can't find that MF'er, and I even bought the cheat book to help!! :(

I swear sometimes I'm a borderline retard.

Ha ha. I used an online guide that gave a map location and a screenshot. Went through very methodically for a couple of hours working on it. Got all done and had 99! I was SO lucky in that I just started free running through the city and found it a few minutes later. It was the last thing I had to do and I was quite upset.

Ha ha. I used an online guide that gave a map location and a screenshot. Went through very methodically for a couple of hours working on it. Got all done and had 99! I was SO lucky in that I just started free running through the city and found it a few minutes later. It was the last thing I had to do and I was quite upset.

Yeah, same thing. Screenshots and all, and STILL 99. You don't happen to remember where the extra one was do you? I'm at the point where I'm going to call in dead next week until I find it!!

Is anyone else as excited for Red Dead Redemption as I am? I don't think I'm going to get much done next week.

FO Sho. Just wish we could get the UK release. All 3 preorder bonuses included.

I never got back into the Halo franchise beyond Halo 1. We used to play team CTF in two adjoining dorm rooms for f*cking hours my freshman and sophomore years of college. We had 4v4 CTF games that would last 3-4 hours sometimes because we all got so good and got to know each other's tendencies. You really had to pull off some spectacular shit to score a flag.

Yea, maybe the pistol was too strong, but I still say that was one of the most balanced games I've ever played. The subsequent Halo games were just too gimicky and cheap IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Did anyone on here ever play on Xbox Connect (good ol XBC)?

Yeah, same thing. Screenshots and all, and STILL 99. You don't happen to remember where the extra one was do you? I'm at the point where I'm going to call in dead next week until I find it!!

It wasn't extra, I had been to the location, didn't find it and figured it was one I got during random story play. It stuck out in my mind and revisited it. That one wasn't there and I started free running and found the one I missed.

I haven't touched the game since mid-January.

Couldn't agree more. Did anyone on here ever play on Xbox Connect (good ol XBC)?

Back shortly after H2 came out I was on XBC daily. Hosting if my friend wanted to play, if not then I'd just join up. Leading shots became quite easy after a while.

If anyone has a Steam account, Portal is free right now.

I'm sure they did that to get more into it for later this year when Portal 2 comes out.

Looking forward to that & Half life episode 3.

Two dead PS3s in the span of 2 months. One BRAND NEW 250gb died in two weeks, and another brand new one died a month later. Sigh. Losing my faith slowly.

IGN gave Red Dead Redemption a 9.7/10. Granted, they have a hard on for Rockstar games, but still.

IGN gave Red Dead Redemption a 9.7/10. Granted, they have a hard on for Rockstar games, but still.

I am getting excited after watching a ton of videos for it. Feels like a GTA meets Fallout 3's style of open world questing and combat in the Old West. I hope I can get a Colt 1911 seeing as the game is set in 1911 and the Mauser Broomhandle full auto is in the game. After looking through the achievement list it doesn't seem like there are many impossible achievements, which I like.

Just got Borderlands for the 360 this weekend, holy crap it's fun. Phenomenal graphics too, love the cel shading. A lot like Fallout 3, but more of a shooter than adventure RPG.

I am getting excited after watching a ton of videos for it. Feels like a GTA meets Fallout 3's style of open world questing and combat in the Old West. I hope I can get a Colt 1911 seeing as the game is set in 1911 and the Mauser Broomhandle full auto is in the game. After looking through the achievement list it doesn't seem like there are many impossible achievements, which I like.

From all I've seen, 1903 Colt and 1908 hammerless look to be the most modern. I'm interested in the horse breaking myself. Seems kinda cool to pick and break your mount.