Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeyisfunny

CCM U+ deeper than Supremes?

Any opinions/facts on if the CCM skates are deeper than the Bauer Supremes? My 7D one80s fit perfect besides being too shallow. They didnt seem that way when I first wore them, I guess it becomes more noticeable after they start to break in unfortunately. Lace bite is not fun. Im looking for a deep skate because I have a high arch and fairly short but normal width feet. So going down to a 7D to fit my ankle and for correct length caused the One80s to be too shallow and a touch too narrow.

Ive heard that CCMs are deeper so I may try those, also heard the same about the Easton Synergy line. Trouble is the skate shops around me either just dont carry these skates or are perpetually out of stock. Are the Vector V05s good? U+07/09?? Which is better for my foot type?? I could always add superfeet to compensate for CCMs having low arches.

My saga to find a skate that fits continues.... *sigh* Im not looking to spend $400 again, that was a mistake to go that high-end anyway. Im looking to spend 200-300 now.

Thanks, you've all been a big help to me so far with my other questions. I appreciate it.

Thanks, good to know. Does CCMs lineup seem a little thin?? They have so few skate models... is that normal for them??

What about Eastons? Stealth or Synergy deeper than Supremes?

I don't know about Eastons EQ series, but the SyNergy/Stealth are not. I switched from SyNergy because of the lack of volume for my foot.

They have a LOT more heel instep volume than any Bauer skate including the Flexlites. All you have to do is look at them

They have a LOT more heel instep volume than any Bauer skate including the Flexlites. All you have to do is look at them

Youre talking about the U+ right?

Could you please explain heel instep to me? I dont know what it is and couldnt find an explanation on a quick google search.

scroll around graf's website and look for the description on the heel instep... essentially its the distance between your heel, and the top part of the foot where it joins the lower half of your leg (something like that)... you might consider a deeper skate, like the 709, 670, G70, 570, 370...

http://www.grafcanada.com/hockey_skates/

It's a good amount wider.

But when you bake them you can squeeze the area around the bottom of the achilles tendon to narrow it up some right? Ive read they are pretty moldable when hot?

But when you bake them you can squeeze the area around the bottom of the achilles tendon to narrow it up some right? Ive read they are pretty moldable when hot?

Not really in the back... Maybe a little bit but NOTHING like the Bauer skate you had. They either fit you foot or they dont.

Not really in the back... Maybe a little bit but NOTHING like the Bauer skate you had. They either fit you foot or they dont.

Yeah the padding is pretty plentiful in there anyway. Looking forward to trying them for sure. Got a 7D and 7.5D to try. What size do those of you who have them wear and what is your shoe size??

I wear a 9.5-10 dress shoe and 10-10.5 sneaker.

9 tight or 9 with room though? I wear a 9 shoe, but I am tight in an 8.5 shoe

Not really roomy not really tight. Just kind of enforcing that the size should be around there.

The Graf G70 is good for someone who needs the instep depth that the CCM U+ variants offer but has a narrower or regular width heel compared to the CCM U+ or Graf G9 type skates.

I was stunned by how deep and wide the heel of the U+ Pro was. I tried it on recently, a teammate has a pair, and it's INSANE. They completely changed the fit from the vector 10 and have, by far, the widest heel on the market. But the mid-foot and forefoot is moderately wide, not insanely wide. There's no way I can wear these skates because I'd need an EE for the toebox but my heel would be sliding all over hell.

I was stunned by how deep and wide the heel of the U+ Pro was. I tried it on recently, a teammate has a pair, and it's INSANE. They completely changed the fit from the vector 10 and have, by far, the widest heel on the market. But the mid-foot and forefoot is moderately wide, not insanely wide. There's no way I can wear these skates because I'd need an EE for the toebox but my heel would be sliding all over hell.

Eek, doesnt bode well for me, at least the wide part. I have normal/narrow heels. Does the Vector 10 have the same depth as the U+ just with a narrower heel?

Can superfeet help the heel area if its a little wide? They seem like they would have that effect.

This is from inline warehouse... they (and other sites Ive seen) say the heel is medium. I know sizes are relative, maybe CCMs medium is everyone elses wide?

Fit:

* Forefoot: Wide

* Volume: Med-high

* Heel: Medium

* Stance: Traditional