Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wallzy41

Practice Jersey help

Can anybody clarify what different NHL Practice Jersey colors stand for?

ie: Pittsburgh Penguins: White/Black- Full Contact, Red- NO contact

Well Im gonna go out on a limb here and say its like football, where if a player is practicing injured or is a superstar or something they wear a red jersey so that the other guys know not to hit him

Powerplay auctions are auctioning off penguins jerseys: I'm curious as to what the Orange and Grey ones are, as well as the blue(not the retro ones).

Red is no contact,

I think the other colors like green, orange, grey, blue whatever represent the different lines.

Every color it typically a different line. I'm not so sure about red being a non-contact color, I'm sure that varies from team to team. If not, then teams like the Devils, Rangers, Canadiens, etc would have a bunch of guys on the ice that you can't hit...

on the canucks, it seems like the defense (green) wear a different color than the forwards (blue) and the injured or recovering wear grey.

For the Flyers Yellow is a no contact jersey. I believe that the other colors just stand for different lines.

Yep, same as on kids rep (travel) teams, lines are different colours to allow scrimmage drills.

Most teams below Pro have yellow pinnies to put over 'no contact' players practice jerseys.

If I recall correctly the Caps use orange as a non-contact color. I think Colorado uses orange too. Carolina used blue back in the day.

If I recall correctly the Caps use orange as a non-contact color. I think Colorado uses orange too. Carolina used blue back in the day.

yeah for my HS team, we had each line a different color. 1st was red, 2nd was green, 3rd was blue, and 4th was yellow, with goalies grey and defense black. No contact was baby blue

yeah for my HS team, we had each line a different color. 1st was red, 2nd was green, 3rd was blue, and 4th was yellow, with goalies grey and defense black. No contact was baby blue

I had a brief stint on the yellow line as a freshman, but for the overwhelming majority of my 4 years, I wore teal.

I think my coach hated me.

I had a brief stint on the yellow line as a freshman, but for the overwhelming majority of my 4 years, I wore teal.

I think my coach hated me.

Was yellow fourth for you guys too?

For the Devils defense wears black, then each line wears a different color. I'm not sure if there's a no contact color but it's definitely not red, one of the top lines is usually wearing that color.

Was yellow fourth for you guys too?

My freshman year it was our first line, until I was on it for a few weeks, at which point we were switched to teal.

The other three years goalies wore yellow.

I thought the pros switched it up so you couldn't scout who the injured folks were? Kinda like switching up the signs from the catcher so you can't steal signals.