Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Maybe this has been touched on but Avery made the jump to Easton (helmet, stick, skates) w/Eagle pants/gloves. Found this kind of odd cause I thought Avery was going more towards a classic look.. in that he was using Grafs and even an old CCM/Bauer 4500 bucket (below) for quite a while.

tumblr_la568evijL1qznjgq.jpg

Has he been using this new set up for a while and I just over looked it?

tumblr_la563v6fi91qznjgq.jpg

tumblr_la561e719B1qznjgq.jpg

Can't recall seeing a photo of the Black S17s in game action before...

I may very well be mistaken, but those look a lot like a blacked out version of the S15's. In that picture, they seem thinner, and the way the stitching pattern is... Bagh, maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me. That said, Ott has been wearing the black S17's for quite a while now.

steve-ott-niklas-hjalmarsson-2009-12-30-0-41-25.jpg

Avery has been through a number of different helmets through out his career. Who knows why, maybe he is not that particular and just goes w/ what ever the EQM recommends or maybe who ever he is friendly w/ the rep du jour.

I wanna say it's a Kronik repaint, but looking through some other pictures on Getty, it's not marked at all. He was using a Dolomite before that one, so maybe a Dolo repaint?

I remember hearing on CBC HNIC that all players in the NHL must have these shoulder caps stitched onto their existing shoulders to help ease/prevent head injuries from headshots. Failure to comply = team fines/player fine/suspension

That's Nate Thompson. They are actually flopped tongues but he tapes them down at the ankle which is why they look like that.

Yeah, thats Nate. He's always rocked the deep flop.

That would explain all the new look Reebok pads in the dressing rooms. I was wondering why so many players were in them.

Mike Green is using a blacked out stick tonight (maybe since start of the season). Commentators mentioned that some manufacture has been able to replicate the CNTs that he loves but the stick is blacked out because they haven't paid the league licencing fee.

any guesses on the manufacturer?

Mike Green is using a blacked out stick tonight (maybe since start of the season). Commentators mentioned that some manufacture has been able to replicate the CNTs that he loves but the stick is blacked out because they haven't paid the league licencing fee.

any guesses on the manufacturer?

BASE.

Not sure if anyone noticed this yet but Alfy was using MLX skates against the Caps. He might have been wearing them for a while, not sure:

It was mentioned earlier. Nevertheless nice shot of it^^^

Whats Kovalchuk using? AK27?

105123399.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E63663E4FD07547862CBE9252AECCC45CA699E5EDBE6FD198A

BTW - nice shot of Greener's 11Ks. Looks like a number of people made the jump to RBK. Was expecting to see more people in the U+ CLs.

Kovey needs to get a skate fit upgrade...that ain't no pro spread....tisk tisk

I think the CL graphics are the cliche double-edged sword for CCM: they provide the "trendier" more Vaporesque look, yet unless people are training their eyes on every black/red/grayish skate, the majority of the viewership will just assume they are seeing even more X:60s. I have actually noticed what seems like a significant uptick when comparing U+ to U+ CL usage, even a few officials were sporting them.

so yesterday i was watching the panthers v canucks game(thank god for the free center ice), and in the second period they showed a shot of what i believe was dennis wideman (cant really remember), cause all i could notice what that he was using a david krejci one95. I only assume it was wideman since they were teammates last year, still it was strange to see that hed still be using it or have one.