Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks

I'm sure. Just seems like a strange brand for Booth to switch out of Bauer for.

In other stick switches, I've noticed Tanguay (Easton most of the year last year, and briefly Bauer) and Hagman (Bauer) have also switched into Warrior sticks to start the year.

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

Now lighter, sharper graphic package, same fit as always.

New cuff as well.

I felt like they were a little better-fitting - felt to me as if they didn't feel as "boxing-glove" like they have in the past. Still undeniably a 4-roll fit though.

That would be nice. I've gone from 13" anatomical to 12" 4-roll and am back in R8's now...but if/when these guys go I have no idea what I'd be able to use. Eagle doesn't make 12" PPF's, the Bauers are way too wide still.

That would be nice. I've gone from 13" anatomical to 12" 4-roll and am back in R8's now...but if/when these guys go I have no idea what I'd be able to use. Eagle doesn't make 12" PPF's, the Bauers are way too wide still.

have you tried on the new ppfi's? they might work for you as they seem to have a bit tighter fit than previous generations due to the extra padding on the inside.

In other stick switches, I've noticed Tanguay (Easton most of the year last year, and briefly Bauer) and Hagman (Bauer) have also switched into Warrior sticks to start the year.

610x.jpg

Also a switch to the 8K glove.

I think O'Reilly is using an AK27. I was at the RMU game the other night and what I thought were cleaner blue dolo spynes had a very visible AK near the bottom of it.

New cuff as well.

I felt like they were a little better-fitting - felt to me as if they didn't feel as "boxing-glove" like they have in the past. Still undeniably a 4-roll fit though.

JR, Would you say fit is similar to franchises/ Easton 4Roll pro-stock? I like the fact that Warrior/Easton put a little more padding to fill that negative space on the backside of the hand where as 4 rolls have double the room than what you actually need.

Edit: What kind of cuff did they change it to?

Thanks for your input.

x610.jpg

Hagman's creepers look unreal

New cuff as well.

Last but not least, replaced traditional double density foam make-up with EPP foam. Easily reduces weight and gains are made in impact resistance. The "Chicago" style trim package looks great, especially on Make-to-Order color gloves.

Hagman's creepers look unreal

Anyone know what up with the knob of his stick? It looks like the end of a pool cue and from that picture it doesn't seem like tape.

I've made similar-looking grips on mine by layering some pieces of tape down and then just wrapping them over and over till you get that corndog, then cover with gauze.

I believe he uses that medical foam bandage wrap that players use to wrap around their ankles underneath the tape when taping an injured ankle. My S19 Pro stock Carson stick hand that under some tape for a soft feeling grip. That is my best guess. If it was just tape I would think it would be way too heavynat the butt end.

Ok, I know this was kinda touched on in here, but does anyone have any info on the new Warrior sticks being used by a few guys (kovalchuck)? In the newest issue of Let's Play Hockey there is a good three panel discussion regarding sticks with Easton, Bauer, and warrior. the warrior rep was taking about a " revolutionary new kickpoint process in our upcoming 2011 retail sticks. " I can only assume this is the stick Kovy is using right now.

Also for anyone who read that article, this coming from a huge warrior fan, but did the warrior rep sound way pretentious to you guys also? haha, he did make a few good points on why warrior has the widest selection for sticks but he made them sound like they were forged on a hidden moon base, using only the finest hand selected moon carbon, lol

I'd be interested in reading this. Is it available online?