Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

I can already forsee an LE version coming out for this. And it will look WAAYYY better!

If a mostly black LE version comes out, it's going to look a lot like the CL

Any of the skate guru's understand the logic of Bauer adding space between the 3/4th eyelets on the retail model posted last page? Seems to be a good extra 1/4-1/2 inch between those eyelets as compared to the rest,

In comparison, the skates Seguin is seen wearing look to have uniform eyelets from toecap up the last. Any ideas?

Any of the skate guru's understand the logic of Bauer adding space between the 3/4th eyelets on the retail model posted last page? Seems to be a good extra 1/4-1/2 inch between those eyelets as compared to the rest,

In comparison, the skates Seguin is seen wearing look to have uniform eyelets from toecap up the last. Any ideas?

Helps control where the skate flexes.

I wasn't too fond of the look at first, but handling/wearing the skate, it is a solid product. You get over the look once you see what they have done.

this is just a Prototyp Skate

No, it's a mule.

Are they just Vapors with the ALIVE material or are there other new features as well? Or do they just replace the Vapor line?

Hey JR how's the fit on the heel? Will these skates have the same zero negative-space concept as the supreme line?

Tweaked fit, new interior, new footbed (which is genius by the way)

I was pretty impressed by that myself. Such a simple idea but not something most people would think of. I would like to have seen a more black/less red look myself but the skate looks better in person, at least to me.

I agree that when you see and hold the skate it does look a lot better than the photo. I also tried on my usual size. After using X:60s for a month last year and then convinced I was a Supreme fit, when I tried on my usual size in AXP, a solid bake and shape would make this skate fit me fine. Remember this is an ALIVE composite upper that separates the APX from traditional Vapor in final performance. Vapor guys will love ALIVE responsiveness on ice.

I find it funny how people are convinced this isn't the final product. That imagery isn't from some random guy who got a pair, its direct from bauers site.

Saying that, these are the best looking new skates imo, and a lot better looking than 40s or 60s.

I find it funny how people are convinced this isn't the final product. That imagery isn't from some random guy who got a pair, its direct from bauers site.

Saying that, these are the best looking new skates imo, and a lot better looking than 40s or 60s.

Better looking than the XXXX's? Sure. Better looking than the X:60's? No way in hell.

give it a while. i hated 60s at first, they grew on me. these are starting too aswell day by day. at first glance from both of them, these were nicer imo. again, imo. ha.

What's with Kronwall's visor in tonight's Flames/Redwings game? I know he tilts his visor but tonight it's ridiculous!!

He's always had it like that. That's why a few years back he took a skate right to the nose. Still hasn't pulled it down either.

give it a while. i hated 60s at first, they grew on me. these are starting too aswell day by day. at first glance from both of them, these were nicer imo. again, imo. ha.

It's a great looking skate for sure. I was expecting a lot worse, more silver look.

He's always had it like that. That's why a few years back he took a skate right to the nose. Still hasn't pulled it down either.

Oh ok, for some reason I don't remember it being that tilted.

Oh ok, for some reason I don't remember it being that tilted.

Actually, I did notice it being a little different last night. I can't find any pictures that illustrate it well, but he had extra screws so that it would maintain its level of tilt. Instead of the standard "one screw in each slot," he had two screws in one slot, and one in the other, so that the visor wouldn't budge at all.