Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

If anybody watched Mario skate in the video on the front page of NHL.com, is he wearing a new incarnation of the MLX skate?

They look like the version that Gonchar was wearing when the MLX was still a prototype.

The taper on the Widow is more comparable to the original Easton T-Flex rather than say the S19.

It's a much thinner and longer taper while keeping a rectangle shape versus an oval or round shape.

Looks very intriguing, cant wait to get my hands on one.

Ya could've used one at Winterfest... :-P

I haven't seen the stick so I can't comment...but how is this different than any other one-piece composite such as a ST, SE, Dolomite, etc?

You have to see it...it is flat on both sides, is is a pretty extreme taper.

Neither, the are the VAPOR APX, they come out in Apr 2011

They're X:60s.

Not really a traditional "sighting" but I caught this screen grab from tonights 24/7 premiere (which was awesome by the way).

PhotoDec15105851PM.jpg

Looks like the typical Warrior font on the A. Ovechkin stick no?

That Ribiero curve reminds of what Leclaire used, it lets him get the puck up quickly off the toe in tight to the net.

Except its Robidas... who's a defenseman...

Neither, the are the VAPOR APX, they come out in Apr 2011

They are X:60 with fendors on them.

Lecavalier's glove mod, carbon fibre piece to protect the index finger.

What gloves? I was to busy checking out the blond Hockey mom in the background. :tongue:

Ya could've used one at Winterfest... :-P

You have to see it...it is flat on both sides, is is a pretty extreme taper.

They're X:60s.

Hey JR - you know if Zetterberg and Kovalchuk are using true Widow's or are their sticks repainted Dolo's?

whoops, my bad. i just remember it was a dallas player that starts with a R

No, you said Robidas in your first post, which it can be. Ribeiro is a left shot.

Hey JR - you know if Zetterberg and Kovalchuk are using true Widow's or are their sticks repainted Dolo's?

I was told at Winterfest by one of the Warrior guys that it's a dolo for Kovalchuk.

Don't see the huge deal... Just seems like a really, really, really thin taper that possibly starts higher up the shaft than normal... Don't get me wrong - I am all for new designs!

The flex profile is the "huge deal."

The stick is designed to be extremely flexy in that area...something that a few sticks have gone away from.

thus ultra-low kickpoint?