Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Kimmo Timonen is using either an EQ50 or S19 tonight too. Normally using the Dolomite. Haven't seen any close ups on him yet so I don't know which one it is yet. But it is Easton.

Itech 961SE. Called the ''stars and stripes'' in the goalie community. Very rare shell. Used 961SEs can go over $1000 without paint.

The bottom of the mask is dark blue, not black. It's also a tribute to Michel Dion. French goalie who played for the Pens who also wore #29.

See the blue pearl?

I knew it was blue, I was just surprised to see so much yellow when the jersey has very little yellow in it. I expected a mostly blue base color.

No he had used a pretty straight curve until aboiut last year when he switched to more of a toe curve because he said it made him shoot more. not sure if he switched back to his old curve

didnt he try Ovy's curve for a time?

Looked like Vin Lecavalier was rocking a big hook of some sort tonight. I'll try and get a pic- didn't look like his regular curve.

I was watching 24/7 and noticed Dan Bylsma was wearing bauer 5-rolls. It got me thinking whether he went for a custom pair, or just snagged one of Jordan Staals pairs? For the most part how do the coach's get set up with gear? Just curious if anyone has any info.

Most teams have a couple pairs of generic gloves in 14 and 15 inch in popular styles for call-ups and trades, they will have just the team name where the player name usualy is.

Kimmo Timonen is using either an EQ50 or S19 tonight too. Normally using the Dolomite. Haven't seen any close ups on him yet so I don't know which one it is yet. But it is Easton.

He was using an S19 against the Rangers and an EQ50 last night against the Panthers.

Started the season with his usual Warrior.

Furthermore, I think you'd be surprised how many coaches have loyalty to a rep from when they played. Marc Crawford was like that in LA (used Mission; Drew, what's he using in DAL, Warrior?), Randy Carlyle in Anaheim still TPS.

I think that this goes for Bylsma too, every picture I've seen from his player days was in Bauer. Also, every video I've seen he is all Bauer (Mind you that I'm in Pittsburgh, so I see a lot of them)

Most coaches just grab whatever, although, some reps specifically target coaches for sticks and gloves as they do a ton of interviews when coming off of the ice, and thus, stick and gloves right in the TV camera.

As far as their skates, EQM asks coach if he needs a pair of skates and goes from there. Some coaches use skates for years, others don't...

Furthermore, I think you'd be surprised how many coaches have loyalty to a rep from when they played. Marc Crawford was like that in LA (used Mission; Drew, what's he using in DAL, Warrior?), Randy Carlyle in Anaheim still TPS.

Thanks for the info, I've wondered that ever since I saw a shot of Babcock using Warrior Mac Daddy gloves in '07.

Just throwing this out there, I know you can have a stick and paint different graphics on it but I have a hunch that gomez and cammalleri are using se16's with eq50 graphics. The weight system on the back hand of the blade doesn't seem to be there.

Just throwing this out there, I know you can have a stick and paint different graphics on it but I have a hunch that gomez and cammalleri are using se16's with eq50 graphics. The weight system on the back hand of the blade doesn't seem to be there.

Technically the SE16 has the weights in the blade as well but you just can't see it. I still haven't seen a real pro stock EQ50 yet though. On a similar but unrelated note, all the real EQ50 sticks Canuck players have been using were retail.

And many of those "SE16s" you saw for a couple years were actually Synergy Elites. My bet is that many of the guys using the new EQ50s are repaints of the SEs still.

I'm confused about the pro EQ50s. Just because the EQ50s in the NHL don't have the window doesn't necessarily mean they're actually not EQ50s. Do we know that the pro version even has that feature? After all, the window doesn't affect the stick's performance, so much as it brags about the visible focus weight technology.

Most coaches just grab whatever, although, some reps specifically target coaches for sticks and gloves as they do a ton of interviews when coming off of the ice, and thus, stick and gloves right in the TV camera.

As far as their skates, EQM asks coach if he needs a pair of skates and goes from there. Some coaches use skates for years, others don't...

Speaking of Marc Crawford, I think he and Joel Quenneville still use plastic boot skates...

Speaking of Marc Crawford, I think he and Joel Quenneville still use plastic boot skates...

Like Bauer Turbos? Both of those guys played pro right? Were there pros using plastic boots when those guys were playing in the 80's or whenever? If so that's pretty interesting. I always considered the plastic style boot to be for like pond hockey....

Like Bauer Turbos? Both of those guys played pro right? Were there pros using plastic boots when those guys were playing in the 80's or whenever? If so that's pretty interesting. I always considered the plastic style boot to be for like pond hockey....

phil_esposito_photofile.jpg

old_lange_skates.jpg

I know a guy in Orlando who played NCAA and coached in the minors - still wears Langes. I had to come in and do some work on them a few wks ago - had to replace steel and drill access holes. He's in his late 60s and still plays at a competitive level - I told him they should be good for him to be buried in them.

Kevin Lowe also wore plastic boots as a pro.

I know a guy in Orlando who played NCAA and coached in the minors - still wears Langes. I had to come in and do some work on them a few wks ago - had to replace steel and drill access holes. He's in his late 60s and still plays at a competitive level - I told him they should be good for him to be buried in them.

How is the liner, still the original or has it been replaced? Any chance you have pix?