Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

hate that ahl placement. dont really think its necessary with the shoulder patch either.

I wouldn't have minded the conference there with a league logo in the middle, but I think they were going for minimal color. To be honest, you didn't really notice it on ice

the new TB look isn't perfect, but I like the direction. Nice that they're getting away from that busy, Reebok influenced look. It seems like it might be missing something, but on the other hand, I like the old school Sci-Fi vibe. A plain white bolt on the pants would have been nice.

I agree with the earlier comment that it looks like a cheap beer league jersey. Just needs a few more accents of colour to look more professional IMO.

Wings jersey works due to the history of the club and the classic original 6 nature of the club ... Bolts doesn't.

Blue is the new black in the NHL. Everybody and their mother is going with a blue "throwback" jersey now. Just another money grab. How much of this jersey change inspired by the new ownership?

At least this means the black trend is over. Not to mention, when you factor in Minnesota's third, CBJ's third, and the San Francisco Giants, teams are really going nuts for the fake aged, tea stained, cream look. Which doesn't really look bad, it just seems kind of pathetic to have new uniforms that are designed to look aged.

Not so much a gear spotting, but a comment. I like the Capitals wearing red helmets with the white throwback jersey.

I wish more teams would do that with their whites. Think about the NFL...same helmets home and away. I think the Habs (for example) would look sharp wearing blue helmets with white jerseys. Bring the color from the pants into another part of the setup. Leafs too for that matter.

IMO the new Tampa Jerseys look alright but like many others have said the logo could use some depth and more color.

somewhat gear sighting; Daniel Tosh in some unmarked gloves that seemed to be missions and a ducks third jerseys on tonights episode of Tosh.0 :happy:

IMO the new Tampa Jerseys look alright but like many others have said the logo could use some depth and more color.

somewhat gear sighting; Daniel Tosh in some unmarked gloves that seemed to be missions and a ducks third jerseys on tonights episode of Tosh.0 :happy:

Bolts jersey looks like a Grateful Dead logo or something. I like The Dead, don't like the jersey.

I like the jerseys, just not for the Lightning. its not over done, the names and numbers are simple and clean. good idea, bad execution

The problem is that when you have teams with the same colour helmet the refs would ask for a change to make their life easier. For instance, a few years ago Montreal and Toronto had a "red vs blue" game. It looked awesome but since both teams were wearing royal blue helmets the refs asked Montreal (home team) to wear white helmets after the first period so it would be easier to tell the teams apart in closer quarters.

Subban using an Easton stick tonight with "76" and "DOAN" (at least that's what it looked like) on the shaft. Odd.

That's his PP stick ahah

Subban using an Easton stick tonight with "76" and "DOAN" (at least that's what it looked like) on the shaft. Odd.

I thought it was written SUBBAN 76 with the tape hiding the SU so all we saw was BBAN 76.

=

=

B

B

A

N

I thought it was written SUBBAN 76 with the tape hiding the SU so all we saw was BBAN 76.

-

-

B

B

A

N

You may be right...I only saw it once. Joel Bouchard on RDS was talking about him switching from Reebok sticks to Easton...but, My french is not good enough to understand most of what he said. I know he never said "Doan" *L*

You may be right...I only saw it once. Joel Bouchard on RDS was talking about him switching from Reebok sticks to Easton...but, My french is not good enough to understand most of what he said. I know he never said "Doan" *L*

He said that it's the stick Subban uses for power plays... Never mentioned anything about Doan ahahah

Not feeling the new Lightning jerseys. The logo looks so generic, and only having it in one color on the jersey just looks kinda cheap to me. I get that they wanted some sort of modern minimalist look but I think they missed the mark.