Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

They don't need their ass kissed either. :wink:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Bauer ONE90 skate say hello to Easton EQ5 skate. :wink: :wink:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Bauer ONE90 skate say hello to Easton EQ5 skate. :wink: :wink:

The new CCM U+ CL seems to look an awful lot like the Bauer Vapor skate. It could be it's twin if the outside colour scheme where the same. Now, there's some flattery for you!

The new CCM U+ CL seems to look an awful lot like the Bauer Vapor skate. It could be it's twin if the outside colour scheme where the same. Now, there's some flattery for you!

I agree 100% that they look very similar graphics wise. Im glad that CCM went back to dark colored skates though. The U+ Reloadeds were cool but too bright/white-ish. I like that the CL's are a bit more subtle.

Easton Z-AIR SE 04' say hallow to One90, CCM CL say hallow to One90/Z-air, they all steal ideas and designs from each other and buy a lot of their materials from the same companies. Me and Dark go back and forth when it comes to Bauer, sometimes he takes it personally, must be the Bauer connection :-)

Cheers

Could you post a photo of this skate? I have the 2004 Easton catalog and it's not there.

thats some good bathroom reading material right there - were there only 4 years of skates that infringed? unless i read it wrong it was just 2000 through 2003?

I'll print if off at work...I can easily hide that much paper used at end of the month billing time *L*

Easton Z-AIR SE 04' say hallow to One90, CCM CL say hallow to One90/Z-air, they all steal ideas and designs from each other and buy a lot of their materials from the same companies. Me and Dark go back and forth when it comes to Bauer, sometimes he takes it personally, must be the Bauer connection :-)

Cheers

http://www.hockeyworld.com/common/images/products/large/12-3299.jpg

Here is the 03 model. I had this skate(my Easton connection gave me a pair. :wink:) and it has no similarities to the ONE90.

Wow, this is impressive. You have the ability to dissect skates and their components which then gives you the insight into how upper management at the major skate brands makes their most important financial decisions. This is really something. Therefore, could you explain Graf skates and their upper management decisions as it relates to their building traditional skates for so, so long while consistently losing market share?

talbot also using the U+Cl stick. It seems that alot of players are switching to it or trying it out. i know Hossa and Kronwall are or did use it off the top of my head.

Anyone knows why Ovi still plays with the old stick and not the NEW U+CL ??

Anyone knows why Ovi still plays with the old stick and not the NEW U+CL ??

Think it might have something to do with the movement of the moon in relation to gas prices in China. Or maybe he just prefers the old stick rather than the new one. Same thing happened when the original U+ came out and he stuck with the Vector 10.

http://www.hockeyboss.com/eastonz-aircompsenioricehockeyskates2004-1.aspx

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/hockey-boss-discount-hockey-equipment/easton-z-air-comp-junior-ice-hockey-skates-2004

I think 03' was traditionally designed skate, the one I took apart is the 04’ Comp SE which uses EPP foam as main structural component of a skate. I believe in hockey industry this was the first attempt at making a full skate boot from rigid foam without any additional stiffening plastics. One90 is Bauer’s first attempt at using rigid foam in this case HDPE as main structural component without any additional plastics, expect for the outside material unlike Easton weaved Nylon they used Surlyn which they used in previous years and still use today on their Vapor series. Then CCM came out with their version of a rigid foam skate, also based on EPP foam with Surlyn on top. The irony is that all three companies have not learned that these foam type based models are not as popular as traditional built skates, but because has a lot less components and quicker production process and in the last 5-7 years all three have moved production to far east it’s a quick fix solution. The only question left to be answered is, if it's the upper management that puts handcuffs on the inventors or designers, or is it the designers themselves steer into this direction. My feeling is its upper management, so when you see me criticize Bauer, it’s not necessary against the actual designers, they might have too much on their plate with hand cuffs on top.

Cheers

its interesting that you brought up upper management putting "hand-cuffs" on the inventors and designers. this is a huge trend in the outdoor sports industry.... there are a handful of companies that had the knowledge and money to design the "ultimate" outerwear piece (extremely water-proof, extremely breathable and insulating) many many many years ago, however the management would not allow them to develop it into a consumer product because they were convinced that what they had at the time, although was sub-par in terms of performance, was more beneficial for the long term growth of the company, simply because they were hitting good margins, great price point and had the manufacturing process down. they weren't operating at their full potential, but they were ok with it because the money was good.

every industry has this kind of battle. typically the guys making the decisions at the top are not artists, they don't have the vision or the brains to develop their product, but they have the smarts to run a successful company... and more often than not, it is the "business" that becomes its own worst enemy.

...not sure if this has ever been covered, but i noticed Brendan Morrow wearing the Nike/Bauer version of the 4500 instead of just a Bauer branded 4500 a few nights ago vs Chicago. Don't player face repercussions from the league and/or their current sponsors if it's not blacked out or some junk?

109016337.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6C8C62A376BCE84A4639D4D43516BCCD011370B1776310AAFE30A760B0D811297

...not sure if this has ever been covered, but i noticed Brendan Morrow wearing the Nike/Bauer version of the 4500 instead of just a Bauer branded 4500 a few nights ago vs Chicago. Don't player face repercussions from the league and/or their current sponsors if it's not blacked out or some junk?

109016337.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6C8C62A376BCE84A4639D4D43516BCCD011370B1776310AAFE30A760B0D811297

Adam Hall of the TBL is wearing NB Vapor XXXX mitts without the Nike blacked out.

Think it might have something to do with the movement of the moon in relation to gas prices in China. Or maybe he just prefers the old stick rather than the new one. Same thing happened when the original U+ came out and he stuck with the Vector 10.

Wow no shit, is that true ????????? :facepalm:

Adam Hall of the TBL is wearing NB Vapor XXXX mitts without the Nike blacked out.

i thought i saw a glimpse of that vs the Flyers last night, but i wasn't sure. Color chemes look the same for the NB vs the new Total Ones.