Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Kings-on-Kopitar-injury-8216-No-team-is-going;_ylt=AuXKMkDNZ5.gN6r683kRJHJ7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp1174

New APX skates on Kopitar, unfortunately its him lying on the ground with a broken ankle. The fall looks like nothing I am very curious as to what really happened.

looks like Kopitar fell awkwardly on that play, but not what Bauer wants to see when they are releasing new line of skates.

looks like Kopitar fell awkwardly on that play, but not what Bauer wants to see when they are releasing new line of skates.

That is the thing, it looks like a simple fall though. I would like to see a better angle.

I have a buddy that twisted funny while his skate did not twist. Snapped the tibia and fibula! Ten months later, still in a walking cast!

they showed a good angle of it on hockey night in canada last night. his right foot all but bent over onto his calf. looked nasty.

He never had it on the top hand. Single layer nash top hand and the botom hand has nash with digital overlay.

Pretty sure he had it on the top hand to last week.

Do Kovalev, Leino, and the like really use the Reebok pump BS or are they in a special custom?

I know Crosby and Datsyuks do not have a functional pump, I seriously doubt any NHLers use the pump.

I know Crosby and Datsyuks do not have a functional pump, I seriously doubt any NHLers use the pump.

I thought I read somewhere a few yrs ago , that Pronger uses the actual pump , but I cant remember where i saw it. Either way , there is probably very few , if any , that actually use it.

I've inspected a pair of Crosby skates before and basically the pump button will "pump" but does nothing, as the inner ling and interiour parts of the boot do not contain a bladder for the pump mechanism.

I don't think I have ever seen a single NHLer pump their skates while on the bench or in the dressing room.

As for Kovy's gloves, I think the all black look good on home jerseys and the graphic versions compliment the away whites.

Have to say I liked the all black ones better.

5c10dc2fc09fe8527c959ac6dba8f4d2-getty-103000802ja003_sabres_v_penguins.jpg

a15e319ec76830c11b9ff9914c447ac6-getty-103000802ja001_sabres_v_penguins.jpg

vs

110828095.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DDF880247CE80F4275F29E594DBF7050FF77B0513C742396C

Looks like Kovy is cutting the tape that touches the ice on his blade and leaving the rest, a la Briere, Nedved, Roszival, and some others. Might have to give that a try. I'm guessing it speeds the blade up - less lag?

they showed a good angle of it on hockey night in canada last night. his right foot all but bent over onto his calf. looked nasty.

Indeed, looked pretty terrible:

Who knows if a different skate would have made any difference, but the APX looks like a pretty low cut skate, I have to imagine that means a bit less ankle support?

Indeed, looked pretty terrible:

Who knows if a different skate would have made any difference, but the APX looks like a pretty low cut skate, I have to imagine that means a bit less ankle support?

holy crap, after seeing that angle my ankle hurts all over again (previous injury), I sure hope he recovers soon he's a very classy guy.

I can bet you that taking that skate off was not fun at all, though I imagine they must have taken off all the laces

Indeed, looked pretty terrible

No.

I don't think any skate would have saved his ankle, it was a pretty nasty looking fall.

Thats what I was thinking, his toe caught enough ice that there was no avoiding it.

Have to say I liked the all black ones better.

The all blacks look a bit plain to me, I like the graphics, but the gloves with the graphics looks a bit brownish to me

-Another vote for the all black mitts

-Phaneuf is another guy who does not have a functional pump

-I love how Milbury said he broke his ankle because the skates are to stiff.

-I love how Milbury said he broke his ankle because the skates are to stiff.

Yeah, it was a banner night for him, mixed with the comment about Recchi (but that's for another thread)

For those of you into the black AK-27s, Woywitka has been in a pair for quite a while... trying to find a pair.

Jeff+Woywitka+Calgary+Flames+v+Dallas+Stars+1T9Zw-joTuTl.jpg

On the subject of Warrior AK pro gloves, Toby Enstrom with a pair in a beaut colorway. Would love to get my hands on these (no pun intended)...

110760926.jpg

I can not tell if that is an AK 27 shaft or if it is a Diablo?

On the subject of Warrior AK pro gloves, Toby Enstrom with a pair in a beaut colorway. Would love to get my hands on these (no pun intended)...

I'll be looking when the Thrashers have their gear sale in the Fall. :)