Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Mfd1068 well put, he's not getting any style points with his get up. And like you said i'm sure CCM is less than pleased with the look.

Is there something wrong with the U+CL skates? I've seen a lot more players wearing the reloaded's then the CL's.

I'm surprised at the amount of Pro's wear the Reloaded's. Joe Thornton is in them as well as several Dallas Star's( Richards,Erickson Morrow). Tyler Myers wears them as well. I do see alot of U+cl's. When I was looking for skates a couple months ago I never had the urge to even try them on,maybe I should have.

Sure there is...he either wears what you tell him to wear in his endorsement deal or you cut him.

Not if they want to keep him. They cut him, the very next day he'll be signed to Bauer or Easton or whoever gets there first.

I know what would happen if they did cut him, just posted what they could do since you said there was "absolutely nothing they can do that will influence what Ovechkin does with his gear." That is the solution, plain and simple, and if you don't think Bauer or Easton would tell him what he will use, you are sadly mistaken.

I know, but in reality they won't tell him what to do, further than what they already currently do. He is the most exciting player in the NHL (majority fan opinion, not my personal opinion). CCM would be borderline moronic to cut him. That's my point.

Obviously, CCM/Reebok doesn't have a problem with Ovi wearing older product. After all, they are still making him U+ Reloaded skates... :facepalm:

couldn't they just make them with CL paint scheme samilar to Kovalchuk's old vapor - quest/flexlites?

I noticed that some teams have the majority of plays in the same brand, especially with gloves. Is it a coincidence or a good rep working the area?

More than likely a good rep...

Guess you'd have to ask CCM/Reebok.

i know i'm just sayin' but at least he is still in all CCM gear not like in 08 or 09 when he was using a ONE95.

The hawks have alot in the franchises.

seems like Reebok lost a lot of gloves used by Blackhawks:

Duncan Keith, NIklas Hjalmarrson, Jack Skille were the most recent converts.

Does anybody know why hansen (hanson?) of vancouver uses a yellow x:60 stripe instead if the regular red?

Does anybody know why hansen (hanson?) of vancouver uses a yellow x:60 stripe instead if the regular red?

I'm going to take a wild shot at this one and go with personal preference. Kind of like Marty St. Louis using a yellow stick or players blacking out the bottom portion.

Is there something wrong with the U+CL skates? I've seen a lot more players wearing the reloaded's then the CL's.

There are a million reasons why one would choose one skate over another. Don't put too much thought into one skate vs another with players in the NHL. Almost every player gets the ability to have a custom fit, custom material, and custom options most normal people would dream to have. I have used a custom reloaded and I loved it, and tried on the CL and was also impressed with the skate. The truth is NHL players are creatures of habit, so anything could affect their choice...like luck, slumps, superstition, etc. Other factors might be the difference in the fitting. I have done a number of custom skates, and was not happy on two separate occasions with the fitting.

There are a million reasons why one would choose one skate over another. Don't put too much thought into one skate vs another with players in the NHL. Almost every player gets the ability to have a custom fit, custom material, and custom options most normal people would dream to have. I have used a custom reloaded and I loved it, and tried on the CL and was also impressed with the skate. The truth is NHL players are creatures of habit, so anything could affect their choice...like luck, slumps, superstition, etc. Other factors might be the difference in the fitting. I have done a number of custom skates, and was not happy on two separate occasions with the fitting.

isnt that tough to say though, because i think the percentage of players that use ccm skates using the old models is a lot higher than those of other brands. i've only noticed pierre marc-bouchard using xxxx's, bieksa using one95's, and i think i saw jovanovski using 9k's? im sure theres a few others but thats just from what i've noticed. i could name a bunch of people using the old ccm's, tyler myers, joel ward, ovechkin, thornton, and im sure theres more.

It's a weird lime green color. I'm guessing he likes it more than any other color Bauer uses.

It's a weird lime green color. I'm guessing he likes it more than any other color Bauer uses.

Maybe it reminds him of the old NBH Vapor XXX Lite or maybe a bit superstitious or sentimental?

isnt that tough to say though, because i think the percentage of players that use ccm skates using the old models is a lot higher than those of other brands. i've only noticed pierre marc-bouchard using xxxx's, bieksa using one95's, and i think i saw jovanovski using 9k's? im sure theres a few others but thats just from what i've noticed. i could name a bunch of people using the old ccm's, tyler myers, joel ward, ovechkin, thornton, and im sure theres more.

uh...no...not tough to say. Maybe you haven't noticed, but most of the skates you THINK are One95s are S9s. Those are dressed Bauer 7000/8000/8090s. Players are creatures of habit.

Not a sighting per se, but something I found interesting. When Joffrey Lupul was traded to Toronto, he started out using those bronze coloured SE16's, which I didn't think anything of, seeing as he just came from the Ducks. Well today, I was in Real Sports in Toronto today where they sell a few game used sticks, turns out that the sticks he brought were actually Getzlaf's (marked with Getzlaf/15). They were a little steep in price I thought ($150 + tax) so I didn't pick one up, but they seemed to be in decent shape.

Not a sighting per se, but something I found interesting. When Joffrey Lupul was traded to Toronto, he started out using those bronze coloured SE16's, which I didn't think anything of, seeing as he just came from the Ducks. Well today, I was in Real Sports in Toronto today where they sell a few game used sticks, turns out that the sticks he brought were actually Getzlaf's (marked with Getzlaf/15). They were a little steep in price I thought ($150 + tax) so I didn't pick one up, but they seemed to be in decent shape.

i do recall one time on Hockey Night in Canada just after he was traded, Glen Healy stated that he was using Getzlafs sticks cuz he wasn't playing well and wanted to try a new curve...and I guess it worked out pretty well for him...He was solid in T.O this season

they brought it up during hockey night in canada... they said because of rapid weight loss during the playoffs, sometimes the volume in the skates is increased because the overall mass of the foot is reduced... so as a quick fix, they use the tape to help bind the skates down a bit more. its just a theory though.

Well he does bring ankle taping to a new level

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2011-05-07T104948Z_01_BRA307_RTRIDSP_3_ICE-HOCKEY-WORLD_0.jpg