Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Against Finland, saw a number of gloves on team Russia in different colors. Ovey had on his Caps CCM gloves. Looked like Kovalchuk had on some Russia colored Luxes (which were hot), and a number of all red and all green mitts from various players.

Nice work, usually guys all but stop when they make those plays. It's a little harder to do in motion like that.

Nice work, usually guys all but stop when they make those plays. It's a little harder to do in motion like that.

Pretty smooth hands!

That was one unbelievable move. Give the guy credit for trying that in such an important game for the Finns and giving them an early advantage over the Russians. I really love the fact the Finns ousted the Russians. The Russians probably thought they where home free for the gold after eliminating Canada. Really routing for the Finns to take it all!

For a 19 year old to pull that off in the world semis...pretty ballsy...but sick to see. Good for the Finns. I gotta say all those calls against the Russians were ridiculous...but had little bearing as I believe all 3 goals were scored 5-5.

For a 19 year old to pull that off in the world semis...pretty ballsy...but sick to see. Good for the Finns. I gotta say all those calls against the Russians were ridiculous...but had little bearing as I believe all 3 goals were scored 5-5.

My bad...3rd goal was from Kovalchuk poking at the goalie for a loose puck...so they were burned by the ref.

That was one unbelievable move. Give the guy credit for trying that in such an important game for the Finns and giving them an early advantage over the Russians. I really love the fact the Finns ousted the Russians. The Russians probably thought they where home free for the gold after eliminating Canada. Really routing for the Finns to take it all!

Allow me to put my hater hat on...I think it was more luck than skill - the puck was rolling, it just happened to sit perfectly on his blade.

Allow me to put my hater hat on...I think it was more luck than skill - the puck was rolling, it just happened to sit perfectly on his blade.

I agree that it was luck that put the puck on the stick, but the fact that he didn't try to put the puck back down like most would react, but actually think to score like that only given a split second, is what impressed me.

You can say it was lucky that he was able to pull it off. But there is no way you can watch that clip and not think he was trying to do that. Nobody tries to stick handle with their blade at that flat of an angle.

I agree, the fact that he had he ability to react that quickly and do something like that is amazing. I'm sure for all of us it's become second nature to try and settle the puck down when it's rolling like that. To go against that and pull something off like that is amazing!!

I guess this is a bit off topic, but we're discussing it anyways, here's a better vid of the goal in 1080p, also shows him stripping Kalinin and schooling Kulikov immediately before pulling the lacrosse move:

Also, if you watch the last angle in full screen 1080p, starting at 23 seconds, you'll see that the puck was flat when he started the move, he got it rolling on purpose so he could scoop it. Beauty move, and to link it back to equipment, he pulled it using the much criticized EQ50 :)

Also, if you watch the last angle in full screen 1080p, starting at 23 seconds, you'll see that the puck was flat when he started the move, he got it rolling on purpose so he could scoop it.

For sure that's what I was tellin my buddies. He purposely got it on edge with the small drag after he beat the defender behind the net. It was so slight it might be hard to catch.

Remember that Granlund was a promising floorball player, a sport where those kind of moves are quite common.

Anyway, he definitely tried that on purpose. He has scored similar goals before in juniors.

Paint scheme looks like the ak27 two piece paint but a ops.

That was my thought too, so maybe ak47? rofl.