Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Obviously, Lindstrom for years use to wear his signature long visor, not anymore though.

Lidstrom took off his visor in the late 90s and didn't put it back on until the 2008-09 season after his nose was broken in the preseason.

Obviously, Lindstrom for years use to wear his signature long visor, not anymore though.

Let's not forget Ovenchkin, the Sendin twins, Anze Kopitnar and of course Ryan Gentzlaf.

Let's not forget Ovenchkin, the Sendin twins, Anze Kopitnar and of course Ryan Gentzlaf.

I see what you did there.

Is Stamkos still in the cage?

My guess is that he took it off after the game the other night and probably hasn't put it back on since... if that's what you mean...

My guess is that he took it off after the game the other night and probably hasn't put it back on since... if that's what you mean...

I see what you're doing here.

Please be Dynasty, instead of Nasty....

Can I be the first to say the grip looks like a ribbed condom? :facepalm:

It's Dynasty. It's the replacement for the Dolomite I believe. Not that it matters what the name is. More about how the stick performs really.

I know this isn't NHL, but this is Zach Phillips from the upcoming draft and I saw this picture...

Zach-Phillips-2.jpg

That's a crazy ripped glove to play with, especially since i think the CHL is sponsored by reebok/CCM. So they are able to get gloves when they rip.

Out of curiosity, do a lot of guys actually like playing like that?

You don't know about the age old trick? The hole in the palm allows you to grab on to a players sweater and obstruct his progress. From the top a ref can't see the fingers clinging onto the sweater, it just looks like your glove is sitting on the player and you don't get a holding call against you.It just looks like the other player lost his balance when going against you to win the puck off the boards.

I know this isn't NHL, but this is Zach Phillips from the upcoming draft and I saw this picture...

IMG

That's a crazy ripped glove to play with, especially since i think the CHL is sponsored by reebok/CCM. So they are able to get gloves when they rip.

Out of curiosity, do a lot of guys actually like playing like that?

Yes he could get free gloves. And personally i hate playing with ripped palms. If the tiniest of tiny holes popped up i would get new gloves/repalmed asap.

You don't know about the age old trick? The hole in the palm allows you to grab on to a players sweater and obstruct his progress. From the top a ref can't see the fingers clinging onto the sweater, it just looks like your glove is sitting on the player and you don't get a holding call against you.It just looks like the other player lost his balance when going against you to win the puck off the boards.

Never heard of that but great idea ;)

Not just the old trick, but Zach appears to be a little "old school" with those massive felt tongues protruding from his skates. The old school guys loved to cut out portions of their palms to get a better grip on their stick. As well as a better grip on jerseys.

Not just the old trick, but Zach appears to be a little "old school" with those massive felt tongues protruding from his skates.

Old school? You obviously have not seen PHEW.