Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

It looks like the dynasty should be competing with sticks like the 9k in the 200cdn market, I'm pretty excited for it. I also heard that it will come in a Kopitar curve. Anyone know if this is a re-named curve or a new one?

It looks like the dynasty should be competing with sticks like the 9k in the 200cdn market, I'm pretty excited for it. I also heard that it will come in a Kopitar curve. Anyone know if this is a re-named curve or a new one?

It will replace an existing curve. There will be two renamed curves, that being one of them, and two new curves (Zett/Kremlin)

If I were to make a bet I'd wager that Kopitar will replace the Draper

Draper is still a Warrior guy?

I know this isn't NHL, but this is Zach Phillips from the upcoming draft and I saw this picture...

That's a crazy ripped glove to play with, especially since i think the CHL is sponsored by reebok/CCM. So they are able to get gloves when they rip.

Out of curiosity, do a lot of guys actually like playing like that?

I'm glad you posted this. I coulda sworn I saw Mike Green playing with semi-missing palms against the Rangers. I actually pointed it out to the group of my teammates I was watching the game with. I thought that was illegal at that level???

I'm glad you posted this. I coulda sworn I saw Mike Green playing with semi-missing palms against the Rangers. I actually pointed it out to the group of my teammates I was watching the game with. I thought that was illegal at that level???

I can't weigh in on the NHL level but I know ACHA you get penalized for having holes like that in your palm. A kid on my team got thrown out because he was able to grab a kids cage from that.

I can't weigh in on the NHL level but I know ACHA you get penalized for having holes like that in your palm. A kid on my team got thrown out because he was able to grab a kids cage from that.

Grabbing the cage is an automatic game misconduct. Having a hole in the glove is just a minor penalty and you must change the glove before being able to continue play.

I also looked Pavel Datsyuk's much talked about stick. It did feel "heavier" then most sticks about but nothing crazy. The blade was long, gentle curve. Not much different from his RBK retail blade. The lie was about average, 6ish. The stick was a sturdy pro stock. The blade felt very strong.

PavelDatsyukRBK9Kstick1.jpg

PavelDatsyukRBK9Kstick3.jpg

PavelDatsyukRBK9Kstick2.jpg

I saw Henrick Zetterber Warrior Widow at the Red Wings sale. It does have the taper same Widow taper as the retail Widow, however the stick is considerably beefed up. The Easton he was using before was a thin taper with Elliptical Profile Concave taper too. The lie was low, 5ish for sure.

HenrickZetterbergWarriorWidowStick.jpg

HenrickZetterbergWarriorWidowStick3.jpg

HenrickZetterbergWarriorWidowStick2.jpg

Interesting that Datsyuk uses a fairly high lie, he's gotta have one of the longest sticks in the league for his height, you'd think he'd use a very low lie.

Interesting that Datsyuk uses a fairly high lie, he's gotta have one of the longest sticks in the league for his height, you'd think he'd use a very low lie.

I have seen his game used stick to before and have met him in preson many times. I agree his stick in long for his height, but if you noticed how high his back right hand is, his elbow is pretty high. I would say the stick is about 57 inches long. Krownwalls stick is long too but it sure doesnt look like it on the ice. Hudler uses a very long stick too, its the same length and almost same curve as what I play with and I'm 6'3'', so about a 58 1/2 to 59 inches shaft in length.

I have seen his game used stick to before and have met him in preson many times. I agree his stick in long for his height, but if you noticed how high his back right hand is, his elbow is pretty high. I would say the stick is about 57 inches long. Krownwalls stick is long too but it sure doesnt look like it on the ice. Hudler uses a very long stick too, its the same length and almost same curve as what I play with and I'm 6'3'', so about a 58 1/2 to 59 inches shaft in length.

57" long sounds pretty short, even if you are measuring shaft length. The Bauer retail sticks are marked at 60".

I use a 56.5" (heel to top) stick and it is not long. I'm 5'10".

"curv composite"

I think this guy has his facts wrong. I thought the APX were made with ALIVE like the One95's and T1's.

Interesting. My sticks are about 57" (from the butt end to where the point of the heel would be, if it weren't rounded off), and I'm roughly Datsyuk's height (I'm 6', he's 5'11"), but my sticks are on the shorter side compared to most, a touch higher than my collar bone on skates.

I've heard people talk about him using a long stick quite a number of times, and it certainly looks really long in videos such as this one:

That stick is clearly way longer than 57", I wonder if he's changed stick lengths over time? Judging by his english I'd say that's an older clip, I believe this picture is a lot newer, and his stick looks way shorter, more like the 57" sticks you've seen.

pavelhank-226x300.jpg