Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

That's it! The Blues practiced here in 98. I remember looking at his stick and saying "Holy S*&t!!"

I remember hearing about what Macinnis did to Rich Parent and saying the same thing.

Wow, I literally would not be able to shoot at all with that thing, talk about a heel curve! I guess we're getting pretty off topic here though?

Kovalev's sticks are short. I have a few. I am 5'10 and his sticks come to my nose while on skates.

Kovalev's sticks are short. I have a few. I am 5'10 and his sticks come to my nose while on skates.

Quoted the wrong thing :P

Quoted the wrong thing :P

Indeed, and ironically enough Kovalev's stick actually sounds like it would be more than long enough for me! (I'm 6', and like my sticks cut to roughly collar bone height on skates)

My Warrior AK27 comes to my nose on with bare feet, but I am getting quite used to it

A few of the Widow's I saw at the Sharks/Wings game looked like they had the taper. Z's definitely looked like it too me.

Was at the Wings, Kings game last Wednesday and noticed that Homer is NOT using a true Widow. Looks like a True-1/Kronik pained. Also noticed that Modanno had a new pair of nylon gloves made from Warrior. Not sure how happy Easton will be with that. He wore them for a period then went back to his leather gloves.I tried to get a good pic of them but had no real luck.

Where I sat and could not get a good pic.

2NDROWLINE.jpg

Getty pic of the gloves. You can see the shine to them.

newgloves.jpg

Modano's been using his Warrior-recreated replicas of his old 90s Easton gloves for a long time now. Looks like they got him a new pair made since his return from injury, but that's probably because the "Warrior" lettering on his original Red Wings pair starting wearing away fast at the beginning of the season.

Was at the Wings, Kings game last Wednesday and noticed that Homer is NOT using a true Widow. Looks like a True-1/Kronik pained. Also noticed that Modanno had a new pair of nylon gloves made from Warrior. Not sure how happy Easton will be with that. He wore them for a period then went back to his leather gloves.I tried to get a good pic of them but had no real luck.

From that pic you just see the knob of Homer's stick. Maybe you're thinking AfroGator's stick is Homer's?

Modano's gloves in-game are also not Nylon. Been in Warrior before he left Dallas too. Can't remember if it was for one season or two.

Modano's gloves in-game are also not Nylon. Been in Warrior before he left Dallas too. Can't remember if it was for one season or two.

You guys are missing what I'm saying. I know his history with this glove and he was wearing a pair of new non-leather warrior branded,Easton rip off gloves. He wore them for only the first period. They were shinny and new. I tried to get a pic of them but could not from my point of view with my phone. I also got to see Homers stick at the bottom near the blade and it was no way a Widow. The entire shaft was far to boxy.

You guys are missing what I'm saying. I know his history with this glove and he was wearing a pair of new non-leather warrior branded,Easton rip off gloves. He wore them for only the first period. They were shinny and new. I tried to get a pic of them but could not from my point of view with my phone. I also got to see Homers stick at the bottom near the blade and it was no way a Widow. The entire shaft was far to boxy.

I back up a2rhino on the homer using a painted kronik or whatever. I saw a couple of his widows in the pro shop there and it was a box all the way down. The paint job was to make it look like a widow.

If you knew the history you would know that they aren't Easton rip offs. And that non-leather isn't shiny.

To add to the painted Widows, Mo's is also a repaint.

If you knew the history you would know that they aren't Easton rip offs. And that non-leather isn't shiny.

To add to the painted Widows, Mo's is also a repaint.

Obviouly there is a lack of communication here. All I can say is; in time you'll see what I mean about the gloves.

Do players have practice gloves? This video shows some of the Islanders morning skate and some of the players are in what appears to be black gloves

hard to tell from the vid but those wearing gloves without the orange accents may actually be all navy and not black. the video is before they adopted the retro jerseys full time and the team was still wearing all navy gloves outside of their 3rd jerseys.

Brandon Sutter's black-dominated Reebok gloves in pic 14 look really nice, but match more their 3rd jerseys than their Away